Quarries to improve salt - experience or help?

kaspergm

Deity
I would like to try to change it so that instead of a simple Mine, you need to put a Quarry on Salt resources to improve them. The coding is simple, but now no improvement graphics shows up on the tile when it is improved - it simply shows the unimproved tile. Does anybody know if there's a simple way around this issue? I'd be happy to have the normal Mined-salt graphics show up when the Quarry is made, I'm just not sure what models I need to refer to to make this happen.

I tried to make a SQL file based on another mod I used, and filled in this info. This did have the effect the the salt graphics is removed completely when improved - so now neither improved nor unimproved graphics shows up - but sadly, this was not quite the effect I was hoping for. Am I referring to the wrong model names? Or do I need to do something else? (Trying this was just a long shot since I don't actually add the salt/mine graphics in the mod, but I was hoping this would allow it to locate the in-game files, but obviously not.)

Spoiler :
Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--Artdefines
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
INSERT INTO ArtDefine_Landmarks (ResourceType,	ImprovementType,					Model,								Era,			State,					Scale,				LayoutHandler,	TerrainContour)
SELECT 'ART_DEF_RESOURCE_SALT',					'ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_QUARRY',		'hb_mine_anc_salt.fxsxml',			'Ancient',		'UnderConstruction',	0.9599999785423279,	'SNAPSHOT',		1;

INSERT INTO ArtDefine_Landmarks (ResourceType,	ImprovementType,					Model,								Era,			State,					Scale,				LayoutHandler,	TerrainContour)
SELECT 'ART_DEF_RESOURCE_SALT',					'ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_QUARRY',		'mine_anc_salt.fxsxml',				'Ancient',		'Constructed',			0.9599999785423279,	'SNAPSHOT',		1;

SELECT 'ART_DEF_RESOURCE_SALT',					'ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_QUARRY',		'pl_mine_anc_salt.fxsxml',			'Ancient',		'Pillaged',				0.9599999785423279,	'SNAPSHOT',		1;

SELECT 'ART_DEF_RESOURCE_SALT',					'ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_QUARRY',		'hb_mine_ind_salt.fxsxml',			'Industrial',	'UnderConstruction',	0.9599999785423279,	'SNAPSHOT',		1;

SELECT 'ART_DEF_RESOURCE_SALT',					'ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_QUARRY',		'mine_ind_salt.fxsxml',				'Industrial',	'Constructed',			0.9599999785423279,	'SNAPSHOT',		1;

SELECT 'ART_DEF_RESOURCE_SALT',					'ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_QUARRY',		'pl_mine_ind_salt.fxsxml',			'Industrial',	'Pillaged',				0.9599999785423279,	'SNAPSHOT',		1;

Quarries, and Camps, IIRC, have specific models for the resources that they improve. Mines, on the other hand, only have different height maps. To make this work, you'll want to retexture the marble or stone into salt, and then add those into the mod. Find the files by searching marble/stone in Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Resource. If you can't find them, you'll need to extract them first (SDK > Nexus > Nexus > Script Browser > Extract PAK)

Is it impossible to get the normal Salt/Mine graphics to show up when the Quarry is made? I.e. simply point the game to use the graphics that's already in the game?

You could make a new improvement... call it "Salt Mine". And use the mine graphics entries but use quarry XML. You'd then have to exclude salt from the normal mines.
So it would something like this?
Spoiler :
Code:
<Row>
			<Type>IMPROVEMENT_SALTMINE</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_IMPROVEMENT_QUARRY</Description>
			<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_CIV5_IMPROVEMENTS_MINE_QUARRY</Civilopedia>
			<ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_MINE</ArtDefineTag>
			<HillsMakesValid>false</HillsMakesValid>
			<PillageGold>20</PillageGold>
			<PortraitIndex>26</PortraitIndex>
			<IconAtlas>TERRAIN_ATLAS</IconAtlas>
		</Row>
That would leave another problem, however, namely that this would make it show up on the techtree as a separate improvement, if I'm not mistaken?

Improvements don't show up in the Tech Tree, the associated Builds do, and you can stop those with
Code:
      <ShowInPedia>false</ShowInPedia>
      <ShowInTechTree>false</ShowInTechTree>
cf. the Samurai fishing boats

Top Bottom