Question about relic faith output (Poland/Reliquaries).

contrasupra

Chieftain
I also posted this on the Civ sub reddit, so apologies if you're seeing it twice. I'm playing with Jadwiga and founded a religion with the Reliquaries belief. In most of my cities, relics give 18 faith per turn. However, I just tried to put a relic in a city I captured from Egypt (Memphis), and it only gives 12 faith per turn. Memphis has my religion, so I'm not sure why I'm not getting 18. The other Poland bonuses (+2 culture, +4 gold) seem to apply, as does the triple tourism, so it's only the faith that is not as expected.

I originally thought this had to do with captured cities, but I just converted another captured Egyptian city (Ra-Kedet) and it gave 18 faith per turn as expected. So this is a Memphis-specific problem. One thing's for sure - I apparently built Mont St. Michel in the worst possible city, lol.

Any ideas? Screenshots of my great work and religion screens are attached.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-25 at 9.36.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-25 at 9.36.50 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 106
  • Screen Shot 2017-06-25 at 9.36.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-25 at 9.36.58 PM.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 134
  • Screen Shot 2017-06-25 at 9.46.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-25 at 9.46.34 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 52
How much faith does it get in the temple in Memphis? I'm wondering if it's the city or the wonder that's misbehaving. Also, who built the temple in each of the captured cities? It sounds like you built the wonder, right?

I ask because there seems to be some weird/buggy behavior related to buildings that get increased yields from great people and whether the city and/or building was captured. Assuming there isn't some known rule that we're completely overlooking, your issue could be in the same category.

How much faith does it get in the temple in Memphis? I'm wondering if it's the city or the wonder that's misbehaving. Also, who built the temple in each of the captured cities? It sounds like you built the wonder, right?

I ask because there seems to be some weird/buggy behavior related to buildings that get increased yields from great people and whether the city and/or building was captured. Assuming there isn't some known rule that we're completely overlooking, your issue could be in the same category.

It gets 12 faith in every available slot in Memphis. I'm pretty sure Cleo built the temple (not 100%, but pretty sure). I definitely built the wonder.

It gets 12 faith in every available slot in Memphis. I'm pretty sure Cleo built the temple (not 100%, but pretty sure). I definitely built the wonder.
So, it seems to be city-related. Was Memphis converted before you captured it? I'm trying to figure out a difference between the two captured cities, in case it is a reproducible bug.

So, it seems to be city-related. Was Memphis converted before you captured it? I'm trying to figure out a difference between the two captured cities, in case it is a reproducible bug.

Nope - I captured it super early and converted it a while later. Egypt founded her own religion, but in the interim (between capture and converting it to Shinto) all of her cities were converted to Islam (Arabia's religion).

Top Bottom