Question about Tourism calculation -- is this a bug?

I was just playing a Deity game with Polynesia, trying to see if I can get a CV without warring. I get myself up to 900 Tourism or so (yay Moia!) and then see that Austria is only getting 460 or so Tourism a turn.

With a -9% penalty (-34% for Ideology, +25% for diplomat).

Every other Civ was getting my total Tourism w/proper multiplier.
Every other Civ besides me was dishing out to Austria the proper amount of Tourism (e.g., if they were generating 100 with a -34% penalty, Austria was getting 66.)

So. Austria apparently had some super magical power to protect herself against almost but not quite half of my tourism output.

Any ideas? She was generating an asston of culture, but still ... like I said, all the other civs were hitting her for the correct amount.

Great Firewall vs internet?

Otherwise, idk. Share a screenshot and we might be able to get a better answer.

That would do it. Didn't know the Great Firewall did that. Damn! I should have tried to build it before her.

Really think I would have won if I didn't have to go up against little miss buy-all-the-city-states. Everyone else was already converted or going to ...

I will have to practice a bit with this strategery -- you need a good start, obviously, but it is absolutely possible to hit 900+ tourism without conquering and not have Sistene, the Parthenon, anything in Aesthetics, etc. I definitely like the Archipelago map more than I like any other island map...

Top Bottom