[Question] Does Nationalism stack with the Ottoman's UA?

It should but no sure about it. At least it stacked with Germany's UA back in G&K.
That basically means all sea units are maintenance free if you play as ottomans :D

More interesting question is does Elite Forces(Wounded Military Units inflict +25% more damage than normal) stack with Japans UA?

Do you keep your ranged(or other) units below full health so they inflict more Damage when playing as Japan if you have EF tenet?

It should but no sure about it. At least it stacked with Germany's UA back in G&K.
That basically means all sea units are maintenance free if you play as ottomans :D

More interesting question is does Elite Forces(Wounded Military Units inflict +25% more damage than normal) stack with Japans UA?

Do you keep your ranged(or other) units below full health so they inflict more Damage when playing as Japan if you have EF tenet?

that would make japan pretty fun to play, damage all your units to make an army of glass canons! :lol:

Japanese UA doesn't stack with Elite Forces, so avoid picking that tenet as Japan.

Ottoman UA should stack with other maintenance reduction boosts. Never tried it though. Greece UA can stack with other less relation decay boosts so I would assume the same for the other UAs that can have a cumulative effect.

Any information as to why it doesn't stack, or mods that can fix that?

Because Japan UA simply removes the penalty damaged unit have, elite forces does the same but only partially. In any case the removed penalty can't be changed into a bonus.

The wording of elite forces is confusing, the main point is that it doesn't provide bonus to wounded units, rather it slightly reduces the penalty wounded units take.

then why dont injured units do 25% extra damage as Japan with that tenet? I know, it would be OP, and a million other reasons.

No more OP than Ethiopia's 20% bonus. The unit would have to be wounded to get the 25% which means it'd be vulnerable to focus fire. I never did like how that policy/tenant didn't affect Japan.

Elite forces is designed to partially correct for damaged units. It doesn't mean that a unit with a little bit of damage would have greater combat strength than a fully healed unit. Otherwise, you would want to have units with 5 HP of damage walking around instead of fully healed units.

The reason it doesn't do anything for Japan is that Japan already does this. What it would need is an entirely special ability just for Japan in order to function properly. I could see not wanting to do this, but it's worth pointing out that Venice does get a special ability for Collective Rule as a social policy, so it's not unprecedented to give Japan one as well.

Top Bottom