Question: Giving Away Cities for Science Victory

YourHarry

Chieftain
Had 10 cities. Was going for science victory. Had a couple of space ship parts built. Had 2 Great Engineers and was about to buy the third one with faith, to rush build the last 3 parts. Also had 3 Great Scientists saved. I was going to bulb GSs, obviously.

But even after bulbing, I would have been ~12 turns away from the last tech required. I decided to donate all my cities (they were generating science w/ science focus). With each city increasing science by 5% (1.05^9 = 1.55), giving away all cities would make the GS 55% more powerful. The remaining science after 3 bulbings, was enough to be covered by the capital bpt in 3 turns. So I expected to finish the game in total of 4 turns.

But NO. It doesn't work. GIving away cities does not lower the costs of techs! WHY?

I guess it is like social policies...once you get cities your cost goes up. But when you lose/sell them, it does not go down. I guess they consider it an exploit... Not sure why when there are more exploitative things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess it is like social policies...once you get cities your cost goes up. But when you lose/sell them, it does not go down. I guess they consider it an exploit... Not sure why when there are more exploitative things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang I didn't realize that giving away cities don't lower the cost of social policies. How about if your city is cpatured? Or if you raze the cities you capture after annexing them?

Dang I didn't realize that giving away cities don't lower the cost of social policies. How about if your city is cpatured? Or if you raze the cities you capture after annexing them?

razing on the turn of capture does not increase policy or tech costs.

Top Bottom