(Question) Promotions and Magic Sytems

Ptkgames

Chieftain
Hi there,
First: im new here so please excuse if i didnt understood the structure of this forum and posted this in the wrong section.

To my question/idea

I recently played Civ5 and modded around a bit(Custom civs, a working hero system; nothing to great) then i remembered Fall from Heaven for Civ 4.

I remember it used Promotions to introduce Magic, but i do not remember/completely understand how.

So the idea/plan is the following:
Units having a Caster promotion gain access to Magic Promotions (via promotionpreq) and then...?

I reckon i need some sort of script or workaround to allow the game to associate the promotions with their corresponding Abilities/Spells

And then i need some ways to define them(abilities/spells) and their effects and add corresponding buttons in the UI.

It is still a rough concept in my mind but i hope i can, with your help, get something "working" out of it. thanks in advance if anyone makes themselves the work of reading and thinking about this.

LG
Ptkgames

Take a look at the "Éa Fantasy Mod Project" under the "Civ5 - Project & Mod Development" sub-forum, as that was adding a lot of magical stuff IIRC

Top Bottom