Question Regarding Treasury Earns 5%

Does anyone happen to know if the Wonder affect "Treasury earns 5%" stacks or not? Ie, if one owns several wonders with this flag checked, would one earn 5% (up to 50 gpt) for each Wonder, or only the initial 5%?

So, if I understand this correctly, giving several unique wonders of this type to a civilization that otherwise would not generate very much Commerce would be a way to give it some boost, correct? I mean, your base GPT would have to be fairly high to begin with before you reach the +50 GPT ceiling.

That is if a civilization without these wonders has a GPT of 100. So, one wonder with this effect is an additional 5 GPT. Therefore, ten wonders of this type would be the full 50 GPT - again assuming a 100 base GPT.

So a much smaller, much poorer, more infrastructural lacking civilization might bring in, say, 10 GPT base. Given ten wonders of this type, its GPT would only be increased by 25 - but that 25 would be a very significant increase.

Unless anyone else knows of a better way to reach this goal?

I'm pretty sure it is 5% on the gold that is in your treasury, not the gold per turn you are making.
So if you have a treasury, and you have 100 gold in your treasury, you will get an extra 5% (5 gold) that turn.
So to get the max 50 gold each turn with a treasury, you would need to maintain a 1000 gold in your coffers at all times.

I suppose this helps having more than 1 treasury (if the %'s accumulate), because with 2 treasury bldgs, you only need to maintain 500 gold to get the 50 each turn. With 10 treasury bldg's, you only need 100 gold to get the 50 xtra each turn.

If this is wrong, please let me know... but I think that is how it works.
Help file states: enables 5% interest generation on all gold in a civilization's treasury.

So this could be very helpful in scenario's where money doesn't flow in like mad crazy.

Tom

@ tom: Hmmm. Upon review and some testing I believe you are correct. For my purposes its a similar affect, but good to know :goodjob:

@ Oz: WOW! Thanks, I'd never seen that before! :lol:

:eek: :eek: Never knew that existed either! Quite informative. However, dear Oz, do you keep track of all these things???

Tom

Well labelled & organized bookmarks & d/l-s over the course of 8 years - how else?

;) ,

Oz

Somehow I've always imagined Oz flying back and forth between various threads, commenting, correcting people, and dropping links to important info from the heavens :lol:

Top Bottom