Questions & Answers

Question! I play vanilla civ- does the vanilla version of RFC have World Congresses? They never seem to occur. Is this a bug, or is it a feature not included in the vanilla?

It's definitely in both. The main differences between the two are related to the hard cap on the number of civs in vanilla.

Please help me! I have just downloaded Rhye's and Fall for Warlords, and when I try to load the mod it shows this message:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: ...mes\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Civ4Warlards.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I had a similar problem right now, as I didn't look right when I downloaded the newest version. I accidentally tried playing rhyes in warlords with vanilla version... ;)

that might be the problem with you too... ;)

mitsho

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: ...mes\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Civ4Warlards.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Yeah, I've seen that error message before. I think it is the warlords with vanilla error message, as I've made the same mistake... Make sure you drop the mod into "c:\...\civilization iv\WARLORDS\mods" directory... OR whatever directory you use. If you put the warlords version into the "C:\...\civilzation iv\mods" it won't work... You also have to load the mod with the Warlords CD in the drive... I wish there was a way to load right to the mod though. The way I do it now is load up Warlords, then load a mod, and then it restarts... Is there a way to skip a step there?

You also have to load the mod with the Warlords CD in the drive... I wish there was a way to load right to the mod though. The way I do it now is load up Warlords, then load a mod, and then it restarts... Is there a way to skip a step there?
You can do exactly that by changing the default loaded mod in the Civ4Config.ini file.

[...] Who plays regular civ anymore?! :)
I tried to play regular civ just to compare with RFCW last week, I just plain simply couldn't spend more than five minutes on the game :lol:, it felt quite strange to see that the Arabs were around but no cities of mine flipped to them.

I sometimes think that if RFCW was advertised along with the Civ4 poster in any game-store, the sales would be doubled :). Just think about how fortunate we are :mischief:.

What is the icon beside each civ in the score table mean? It has a blue bar, either straight or curved up or down, and a red circle.

It measures stability. When it's curved up it means you're solid, flat means you're stable and down means unstable. If you get too unstable you could collapse and lose every city but your capital to independent civs.

Varies from one programmer or group to another. IMO, Rhye does it whenever he checks new code into the source management system. Other people may do it when a major upgrade is finished or when a release-candidate* is available. Still others may wait for an actual release. The last possibility is obviously not his style.

* A release-candidate is a piece of code which is functionally complete. It may have known bugs but it is given to testing to check for the possibility of others. There may be several iterations of candidates before the actual release is made. Each one would typically have its own build number. As Rhye does his own testing, this would appear to not be the case here. Maybe though.

I have observed something very interesting when I started to play as China.

I wanted to win by the UHV, but I didn't know how many cities I needed with temples to build two pagodas and academies. So I failed one of the goals. But that's not the point.

Later i noticed that I had completed one goal, which one? The on about losing cities to barbs and mongols. Now, the mongols never spawned? I prepared a huge army for them, but they didn't spawn.

So I switched to debug mode to see if there's something else unsual.
Turns out, France and Turks also didn't spawn. Well, either that or Rome conquered France (never seen that before), and Greece conquered Turkey (never seen that either).

So I have a very unusual world now. A bug?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=149409&stc=1&d=1173360594

Attachments

• interesting game.JPG
    interesting game.JPG
    227.8 KB · Views: 232
Top Bottom