Questions I used to know

Once you have a scenario or game loaded, select Game in the top menubar and choose Graphic Options. There are separate checkboxes there for Animated Units and Animated Terrain which may have defaulted to being turned on (checked) if you reinstalled Civ2. I think if you uncheck them, the game will remember those settings across all scenarios or games that you play.

Actually, both are blacked out. Unit animations are disabled because the Sprite Override flag is checked in the Units_Advanced field of the Rules for each unit. I normally add a copy of the Static.spr to my scenarios to stop the animated terrain. I was hoping there was a more comprehensive solution for all the converted scenarios I've downloaded, but adding the sprites is not onerous. Thanks.

Isn't it Resource.spr that affects animated terrain? It looks like most of the ToT scenarios I've downloaded include a tiny Resource.spr file already. But I honestly thought that would only matter if the box in Graphic Options was checked... I guess I don't understand what those Graphic Options checkboxes do, if they don't provide a one-stop-shop to disable animations across all games.

Top Bottom