Questions that arise during the game

Hafenguy

Warlord
Hi, in every RI game I have some questions and I will try to ask them directly here.

Where would you place the city?

One on 1,3 or is there also room for 2 on positions 2 and 4?
There is a river on 4 and since I am Seafarer and still need science cities, I would prefer that. Or would it be more important to have two food ressources in one city?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 44
I think it would be easier to help if you took a screenshot; it's a bit difficult to tell what the terrain is. Is that tundra?

Much better! I personally would go for 3, since 4 is a little too close to the existing city for me. Unless I was trying specifically to get resources, though, I'd probably not build a city with so much tundra regardless.

Mhhh. But 4 has 5 grass plates and a river.
In vanilla, I would put a city on this place.
Is that different in RI?

It's in german, sorry.
But I guess it is understandable as well. By mouseover at the Health Icon on my City screen it Shows that I get + 9 health by boni. Can anyone tell me what this boni is?

And another question: What does the number on the unit icon mean?

Attachments

• IMG_20240326_221444405_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240326_221444405_HDR.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20240322_102630093.jpg
    IMG_20240322_102630093.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 20
Hi, in every RI game I have some questions and I will try to ask them directly here.

Where would you place the city?

One on 1,3 or is there also room for 2 on positions 2 and 4?
There is a river on 4 and since I am Seafarer and still need science cities, I would prefer that. Or would it be more important to have two food ressources in one city?
If you really would ask me, I would jump to edit mode, extend that river northwards, then place the city below 3. Lol jk

It's in german, sorry.
But I guess it is understandable as well. By mouseover at the Health Icon on my City screen it Shows that I get + 9 health by boni. Can anyone tell me what this boni is?

And another question: What does the number on the unit icon mean?
The +9 is from resources you have access to.

See how you have multiple units selected? The number on the promotion's Icon is how units in the group have that promotion.

Ahh great, thank you very much.

That reminds me of another question:
Is there somewhere to read how many units of the same type you get to get the next support level?
I think I have seen that I sometimes need 2 battering rams to get siege support 2 and sometimes 3 battering rams are needed.

Ahh great, thank you very much.

That reminds me of another question:
Is there somewhere to read how many units of the same type you get to get the next support level?
I think I have seen that I sometimes need 2 battering rams to get siege support 2 and sometimes 3 battering rams are needed.
Support works from raw strength and is dependent on the unit receiving it. A str 6 swordsman, for example, will need a combined strength of 6 from other units to get a level of support.

Ahh thanks, now I see things more clearly :)

Attached you can find a Screenshot from the Religion window.
I guess it is not RI specifically. But can anyone tell me what is the meaning of the "X" "O" and "-"?

Attachments

• IMG_20240207_111921324.jpg
    IMG_20240207_111921324.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 25
Top Bottom