Questions to the Masters

poldbops

Chieftain
Civilization Revoluton is the first "civilization" game i played. I pretty much new to the whole civilization thing so i learned playing it "guerilla" style. I came up with this strat:

I start creating 3 wariors, form them to one army, then explore. ( i know, i waste turns but there are times barbarians kick my butt or encounter enemy warriors immediately)
By the time my warriors are veterans, and when i have an idea where an enemy civ is, i return them back to the city.

I set my cities to science, build my 1st library then learn techs in the quickest order i achive feudalism.

I now have knights to defend my cities from attackers (by this time, enemy civs are already all over me).

If i realize that my cities could stand alone against them, ill learn techs like invention, gunpowder, steam power, metallurgy, then finally combustion. (i skip some techs)

Then i build Leonardos workshop to have hordes of tanks. By this time, the enemy civs fire at me with arrows and i fire back with firepower! From here i decide what victory i want.

Sometimes, i dont use great thinkers to settle on cities. I use them to complete the techs. Makes things a lot quicker

This strategy works for cheiftain, warlord, and, king difficulty.

I don't know why but when i battle against emperor, i am only in the process of building my first library when enemy civs swarm me with legions.

How the heck could i be faster or at least as fast as the A.I. on emperor and deity mode?

Thanks in advance

Top Bottom