• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

Okay, I'm really confused. I've built the Apolistic Palace, I've spread the religion (Hinduism) to everyone, I won the vote so I could determine resolutions, but the menu to pick resolutions isn't coming up, even after waiting for several turns - every so often we have to vote for the resident, though. And nobody's discovered Mass Media yet. What's causing this?

I answered this to someone not long ago. Resolutions won't be available unless under certain circumstances - no forced peace without a war first, for example.

I answered this to someone not long ago. Resolutions won't be available unless under certain circumstances - no forced peace without a war first, for example.

So how come Religious Victory isn't coming up? What circumstance stops this from happening?

EDIT: Haha, silly me. I forgot to spread it to someone :p

EDIT: Actually, I've done this, and it still hasn't worked. Um?

Isn't that Spore? :p

Not really. When you're still at a microscopic level, you only control one organism. It's only when your creature evolves into a sapient species and forms a tribe that the game starts to resemble Civ.

I want a microbial strategy game.

Not really. When you're still at a microscopic level, you only control one organism. It's only when your creature evolves into a sapient species and forms a tribe that the game starts to resemble Civ.

I want a microbial strategy game.

*420-Smoke-Filled freshmen dorm* "Man, aren't we all, like, just, like, microbes on a plate, Man. Like the universe, Man, it's like, huge, and we could be, like, just clingin' to the gravy on His plate, Man. Pass the Fritos, Man".

I know that this really isn't what you guys answer, but, is there a good tutorial for adding a new unit into BtS?

@bestbrian: lol. Exactly.

@22bebo: check the Creation & Customization forum.

Okay, I'm sure there is a simple answer, but I just don't get it...
In my current game I keep getting UN Resolutions that pop up asking the world to vote on certain things, i.e., Nuclear Proliferation and Universal Suffrage. So myself and the rest of the civilizations vote...and the numbers just don't add up? For example...nuclear proliferation, (no nukes!): "1088 votes (voted yes) - Required 895-1755". Now this says to me that there were1088 votes for YES, please let's not allow nukes in this world EVER! The next part of the line says 895 votes required...then why did the resolution FAIL? The 895 required votes were met, and then some?
This happened a couple of times along w/ some other things, like Universal Suffrage. Now, I don't mind that the nuclear proliferation kept failing, 'cause I gots lots of nukes, and I'm gonna use 'em, but for the life of me I don't get the math. What am I missing?

If someone defies a resolution it doesn't pass even if it has the required amount of votes. The defier gets 5 unhappiness in all his cities, though. :)

Very trivial but I'm working on a mod...What happens to a missionary on board a Caravel when the Caravel is upgraded to a Frigate in an ocean/coastal square? Or does the game not allow an upgrade in this case?

Hello,

my english is not very good and so I have so trouble to find a answer on my question. :( Would be great if you could help me please:

How can I install this cityset at my Civ 4? I really don't know how to install it. *shame* I'm talking about this one, it's really beautiful: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=13147

Is it only for my civilisation or for all? I would like it that it is only for my egyptian Civilisation.

Thanks and sorry. :blush:

Very trivial but I'm working on a mod...What happens to a missionary on board a Caravel when the Caravel is upgraded to a Frigate in an ocean/coastal square? Or does the game not allow an upgrade in this case?

He can move off it just like it was still a caravel. I have found this to be very useful if you have a tendancy to leave old ships around without upgrading them. I have loaded 2 advanced units onto a galley, upgraded it to a destroyer and sent it to defend an isolated city faster than any other unit could have got there.

Okay, I'm sure there is a simple answer, but I just don't get it...
In my current game I keep getting UN Resolutions that pop up asking the world to vote on certain things, i.e., Nuclear Proliferation and Universal Suffrage. So myself and the rest of the civilizations vote...and the numbers just don't add up? For example...nuclear proliferation, (no nukes!): "1088 votes (voted yes) - Required 895-1755". Now this says to me that there were1088 votes for YES, please let's not allow nukes in this world EVER! The next part of the line says 895 votes required...then why did the resolution FAIL? The 895 required votes were met, and then some?
This happened a couple of times along w/ some other things, like Universal Suffrage. Now, I don't mind that the nuclear proliferation kept failing, 'cause I gots lots of nukes, and I'm gonna use 'em, but for the life of me I don't get the math. What am I missing?

What Silu and rolo said was correct. Parenthetically, I would add that in my experience, if one nation has nukes, at least one of the non-nuclear AIs will vote to defy a motion to ban nukes. Presumably the 5 :mad: isn't as frightening to them as it is to face a nuclear-armed opponent without ever having a chance to build their own nukes.

Why is my name Tame-Tk-TK2 in the Civ lobby?

I thought it had something to do with expansions, but even playing vanilla it shows as this.

Also, why can't I play nextwar epic mod if I install blue marble? Online the lobbies just do not show up, but blue marble is just a texture replacement, wtf?

I was wondering, what is the best and most realistic map script?
I tried fractal it's ok but it sometimes generates one continent like pangea and I tried custom continents but it generates too square continents. I don't like that.
So what do you guys suggest?

OK, I'm confused. I just established my 3rd "Legendary Status City" and I did not win? I am playing a marathon game, w/ ALL victory conditions selected and for some reason the game continues w/ no acknowledgement of my accomplishment. The 3 cities all surpass the 150,000 culture points needed, so I am confused as to why no win?

Top Bottom