quick cities

mainerunr

Chieftain
OK, I'm curious, I havent really had much of a problem until diety but it seems like the AI always manages to build 4-5 cities by the time I have 2. is there a good way to just hammer out a few settlers to get a few cities up and running (and grab the good spots of land?). I mean the last two games I played I got plopped between 3 other civs and they just started hammering on me just about right off the bat and I ended up doing everything I could to defend my two cities while they had tons (the Brits always seem to end up with 5+ cities real quick). Obviously, war production from 2 cities doesnt keep up with 3 civs that have 4-6 cities each and eventually I fall behind on tech then lose.

(I'm also struggling to decide what civ I like playing the best. I havent dropped the PS3 into the DMZ so I havent played online yet...router only has 10 slots for port forwarding and they're full but that's another issue)

Just build more settlers :) Research Code of Laws, get Republic, and build a bunch of settlers.

Just build more settlers :) Research Code of Laws, get Republic, and build a bunch of settlers.

Yep. I usually tech for archers and then tech for republic (unless I'm playing an offensive Civ). That's the simplest and best way to expand while keeping your city growth (both individual cities and the total number) at a steady pace.

Top Bottom