Quick Questions and Answers

Why would my scout receive 100gp? Not that I am complaining, but it didnt move, just on the start of the turn...

Were you at war with someone? If so, your scout must've stood on the path of their caravan, plundering it for 100g as it moved through the tile that your scout was on.

Were you at war with someone? If so, your scout must've stood on the path of their caravan, plundering it for 100g as it moved through the tile that your scout was on.
Im replaying Gandhi Christmas special, everyone is at war with me.. yes, thank you, I think that would explain it, i will look to plunder some more..

Does the +2 science from the Messenger of the Gods pantheon get multiplied when you build libraries, universities, observatories, etc? I'm wondering if it might actually be a decent pantheon when you're going Sacred Sites and have a dozen or more tiny cities. But if it's just +2 *after* all the multipliers, it sucks except for a very short period in the classical era, and even then it's not great.

Should I raze or puppet this city? On one hand it has a good population and improved resources, on the other hand by razing and resettling towards the south I'll be able to get El Dorado
Spoiler :

1706623321737.png

Hey everyone. I am new to this community but fan of the game for more that 1 decade. As CIV 5 is my favourite.
Does anyone know how to make the game utilize better my pc's funds?
I have seen many mods aiming to reduce AI activity but none to modify the game's engine.

Hey everyone. I am new to this community but fan of the game for more that 1 decade. As CIV 5 is my favourite.
Does anyone know how to make the game utilize better my pc's funds?
I have seen many mods aiming to reduce AI activity but none to modify the game's engine.
If you're talking about settings to improve the performance of your computer then turning down the video settings helps. Also, install it on an SSD. I've heard that the video settings that seem to make the most differnce in performance but still look ok on low are the shadow quality settings. I also play with Leader Scene Quality and Texture Quality on low. Also, Anti-Aliasing off and VSync checked. The rest of the settings are on medium. Turning on Quick Combat and Movement helps as well as not zooming out too far. And the map size affects it too - my computer drags on Large maps in the late game. I just tried different settings until I found the best combination of quality and speed. Here's a couple of links to other threads in CivFanatics:

Anyone know what happens in this situation?

I was at war but just peaced out. Then the AI throws down a Citadel 2-tiles from my city. If I throw down my own Citadel next to the AI Citadel and bring it into my territory, what happens with the AI Citadel? Does it become mine and it will damage the enemy? Is it still his and it will damage my units? If so, can I pillage it when its in my territory? Its Shaka so I need to do something soon, we have like 6 turns of peace treaty left and I know he'll be attacking again soon after.

Anyone know what happens in this situation?

I was at war but just peaced out. Then the AI throws down a Citadel 2-tiles from my city. If I throw down my own Citadel next to the AI Citadel and bring it into my territory, what happens with the AI Citadel? Does it become mine and it will damage the enemy? Is it still his and it will damage my units? If so, can I pillage it when its in my territory? Its Shaka so I need to do something soon, we have like 6 turns of peace treaty left and I know he'll be attacking again soon after.
I can't say for sure, but I had the same situations vs Shaka. The difference was I pillaged his before I built my own citadel but once Shaka's citadel was in my territory I repaired it and it was mine, therefore I think if you capture the land then the citadel will be yours and you will not be able to pillage it anyway.

If you're talking about settings to improve the performance of your computer then turning down the video settings helps. Also, install it on an SSD. I've heard that the video settings that seem to make the most differnce in performance but still look ok on low are the shadow quality settings. I also play with Leader Scene Quality and Texture Quality on low. Also, Anti-Aliasing off and VSync checked. The rest of the settings are on medium. Turning on Quick Combat and Movement helps as well as not zooming out too far. And the map size affects it too - my computer drags on Large maps in the late game. I just tried different settings until I found the best combination of quality and speed. Here's a couple of links to other threads in CivFanatics:

Hello

Please let me thank you for answering my question.

Actually I was talking about speeding up the turns. It seems that CIV5 is not well written in terms of programming.

My pc is really powerful so I don't face any lag as far as it concerns the graphics.
The only problem I face is on the time taken to process the turn for each AI player, especially after the World Congress is founded.

Top Bottom