Quick Questions and Answers

I'm sure I read in past patch notes that the 'worker asking for orders every turn even though there's no enemies in the vicinity' bug had been fixed, yet my workers exhibit the same annoying behaviour regardless.

Is this still an issue for everyone?

Running Vanilla Civ 5 here.

Mind blown! So I'd need to basically drop a settled closer to it?

I never knew that.

Yes. If you really want to work that tile, you'd need to build a new city up to 3 tiles away from it. You need to know yourself if it's worth to found a new city just to work that tile.

AI Enemy is in danger of winning the diplomatic victory on in the next vote; I can't finish my VC before that. So are there any other options apart from buying out one of the City Sates he has allied? What happens if I conquer one or two of those CSs?

I tried the very same but that was no good idea. I declared war on that CS to conquer it, so that the AI loses votes. But as soon as I did a horsehockystorm broke loose. Everyone denounced me, and said I was picking on weaker nations. I don't recommend doing it. It's better you buy them.

I'm sure I read in past patch notes that the 'worker asking for orders every turn even though there's no enemies in the vicinity' bug had been fixed, yet my workers exhibit the same annoying behaviour regardless.

Is this still an issue for everyone?

Running Vanilla Civ 5 here.

I can't answer your question, but have another related question: What is the latest patch for vanilla Civ V and can somebody point me to a link for it? :) Once I've installed it, I can also let you know if I still have that problem. I also keep getting graphic bugs.

Edit: Thank you for your reply to my earlier question, beetle

The patch should install by itself through steam.. If you have steam and go to multiplayer, the patch should automatically install by itself.

Do you know of a mod that places civs to their historical location on Earth map? (Sorry, if I posted it to the wrong place)

Do you know of a mod that places civs to their historical location on Earth map? (Sorry, if I posted it to the wrong place)

I think that the game has the option to do that without mod. Try to look on the advanced setting when you are setting up a new game.

How come the reformation belief on a religion doesn't work on the city that I want to buy great people in? I had to the glory of god reformation belief in a religion in a capital but I couldn't buy a great person.

It seems that the only person that can take the reformation belief is the person who made the reformation belief in the piety social policy.

If all your cities are already following an AI's religion, but there is still one religion that can be founded, are you still able to found a new religion if you are able to generate enough faith?

If all your cities are already following an AI's religion, but there is still one religion that can be founded, are you still able to found a new religion if you are able to generate enough faith?

Yes, your great prophet should have that option. Then you just have to protect your fledgeling religion against the pressure of the established one.

I think that the game has the option to do that without mod. Try to look on the advanced setting when you are setting up a new game.

The option you're thinking of is "start bias" which only puts civs in semi-historical terrain (such as England starting on the coast). As already mentioned: not the same thing.

Yes, your great prophet should have that option. Then you just have to protect your fledgeling religion against the pressure of the established one.

I can confirm that was possible; actually, I was eventually able to both found and enhance a new religion using stolen prophets :) So, even though the enemy prophets were already assigned to another religion, I could still use them like they were mine. Of course, I could have also used the 'spread religion' option with them, in which case they would have acted as per their original religion. Funny detail, this :)

Why is it that after Enhancing Religion and setting the Faith Purchase option to Remind Me Later instead of Prophet or Missionaries, the game still auto-purchase Prophets?

Why is it that after Enhancing Religion and setting the Faith Purchase option to Remind Me Later instead of Prophet or Missionaries, the game still auto-purchase Prophets?

That's a game feature but IMO needs to be fixed. Doesn't work as intented, really.

It works as designed. Until you enter the Industrial Era, you can't prevent Great Prophets from autospawning. Spend your faith on other things (religious buildings, missionaries, inquisitors) if you don't want GPs.

I have no coal. One of my Ally CS has a mine on coal but i cant have some, do they have to discover that tech? Why cant I have it?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

What are the rules when plundering a trade route....????

Is seem as easy as move your unit on the trade route (with movement to spare) then plunder, but sometimes it is suddenly gone and when your expecting a 100 gold that can ruin your entire game.

My most recent experience I declared war with by moving into enemy territory onto the caravan... and after confirming the "War" declaration the caravan was gone.

I have noticed this many time in past games. It seem like the rules are different for the AI and the player. If you declared "War" when a trade route has a connection with your city you should receive the "PLUNDER". It always happens when the AI does it to me!! Notification: "Your trade route has been plundered".

I understand that if a caravan/cargo ship is on its final turn for reset to a new location. This makes total sense to me, and I take this into consideration when I attempt a plunder and also my timing to declare war to assure I don't jeopardize my trading fleet.

CAN I GET SOME FEEDBACK, OR CAN YOU DIRECT ME TO A SOURCE THAT GIVES THIS INFORMATION. I would appreciate any help....Thanks!

I have no coal. One of my Ally CS has a mine on coal but i cant have some, do they have to discover that tech? Why cant I have it?

NKVD...Good Question, I have had that happen to me in the past as well.

ALSO,

When striving to get a religion the mouse cursor place over the :c5faith: symbol reveals that I require 200 faith for the next great prophet. Many times blow by that number, and get as high as 250ish before my great prophet appears,...even more disappointing is that when I receive the prophet faith is back to Zero.

Those turns make a huge difference, especially when 3 Civs get a crack at their choices before you....Frustrating! Please Help if possible. Thanks

Top Bottom