Quick Questions and Answers

No, they are not. You must roll your own map to submit a game for any HOF purpose. From HOF rules:

Only random maps may be used that you have generated yourself. You may not share maps with other players. You may only use each map once. GOTM maps are not acceptable.

Does anybody know what turn is the Time victory on Quick? I am in the middle of a game and I can see already. I will have to avoid the culture victory by gifting and conquering back a city, and that requires precise timing to maximize the score. But I don't know how many turns I have left.
Edit: found out, t330. 2050AD of course.

Is there any point in faith if all you can use it for is getting more faith (IE I earn loads of faith but this doesn't seem to translate into any real game benefits)?

Is there any point in faith if all you can use it for is getting more faith (IE I earn loads of faith but this doesn't seem to translate into any real game benefits)?
:c5faith: can be used to purchase any type of great person(except GG) from the industrial age onwards. You have to complete(BNW) the appropriate tree, or take the glory to god reformation belief(BNW). The :c5faith: costs are 1000, 1500, 2500.... for each type

No, they are not. Gifting heavily-promoted units wastes the promotions, sadly. If Ottomans captures a Nau, it would gain the prize ability since that comes from the UA. Since 0 xp privateers have 1 promotion, gifted/prized privateers will have that. There are several other units that have 0 xp abilities that look like promotions.

Yikes. Kinda hoping that gifts would boost their defenses more. Well, at least we now know a place to dump "bad" Kris Swordsmen, right? :D

Do CS also suffer Resource Penalty or are the gifts considered "resource-free" like those gifted by Militaristic City-States?

since it was a modding question at first here and that is wrong i know a question i can ask here then what is the best way to do your research ingame

i learned you can hold shift and pick your own research path is there a certain method to picking a research path when you settle your first city or is it like i always did figure out what i need as soon as possible first lol.

also what is best to que in your first city first, i been doing liberty policy to get a free worker and settler so i find myself going monument scout warrior warrior warrior warrior worker then unloking granary and putting that after all the warriors an stuff.

basicly just a general question of strategies that work best from person to person might be interesting to find out then

This is not the thread for questions about modding. I see you have also posted these questions in the Creation & Customization forum, which is the right place.

oh ok sorry thanks i thought it was modding questions as well like generalized durn it lol and i went and asked the thread to be deleted and removed all the text thinking i was wrong lol

since it was a modding question at first here and that is wrong i know a question i can ask here then what is the best way to do your research ingame

i learned you can hold shift and pick your own research path is there a certain method to picking a research path when you settle your first city or is it like i always did figure out what i need as soon as possible first lol.

also what is best to que in your first city first, i been doing liberty policy to get a free worker and settler so i find myself going monument scout warrior warrior warrior warrior worker then unloking granary and putting that after all the warriors an stuff.

basicly just a general question of strategies that work best from person to person might be interesting to find out then
This probably is better in strategy and tips forum and depends on difficulty level, civ, terrain and VC you are going for. But quick answer, valid for almost all VCs and difficulties: build order: scout monument scout shrine granary or archer if immortal/deity. Science: Pottery/animal husbandry/archery/lux.

I have lovely borders characterised by a really good chokepoint that pretty muc cuts the map in half. I am probably in a position to take ethiopia's capital and I think that this is needed to curb them early on (diety they have 18 pop my capital has 9) the question is what can I do that will hurt them long term without hurting my lovely borders? Can I reduce it down to 1 pop with no buildings and sell it back to them?

Sure.

Note that you can only sell buildings with a maintenance cost. If any no-maintenance-cost buildings survive city capture, you can't sell them off.

What can I do that will hurt them long term without hurting my lovely borders?

Cap should be in a great spot, why not keep it?

Can I reduce it down to 1 pop with no buildings and sell it back to them?

Only if you annex it, which really does not seem worth it to me. How about selling it to another civ?

I read somewhere that the Cover promotion does not protect you from city ranged attacks. Is it true?

Cover protects melee units from city bombardment, but not ranged units.

Is 34 always the minimum number of votes needed to win diplomatic victory no matter how many CS were captured?

In this game (standard size, 8 civs, 16 CS) only 9CS were left. 3 were taken by me as Venice and the rest were occupied by AI. Basically it meant that it was impossible to win diplomatic even with all CS allied and with spies in every capital. I would have to liberate a few CS to get extra votes (not the easiest thing to do on deity with so many warmongers :p)

Attachments

• venice_diplo.jpg
    venice_diplo.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 216
Is 34 always the minimum number of votes needed to win diplomatic victory no matter how many CS were captured?

No, every time a CS is eliminated, the count needed to win goes down by 1. Eliminating a major would also reduce the counted needed to win by 1.

Resurrecting a city state / major increased the count needed to win by 1.

Post Fall 2012 patch, it's expected that you have Globalism, turn all spies into diplomats, and have your ideology be the world ideology to get sufficient votes.

Note that after election world leader vote, those coming in first and second gain 2 votes so you will eventually have enough votes to win Diplomatically.

I'm a newbie, but enjoying learning. Will improving tiles early in the game eliminate the possibility of finding resources there later? If I farm a desert, can there still be oil there when I research biology?

No. Tile improvements do not affect whether a strategic resource will later be revealed on that tile. If and when it does, you just dispatch a worker to replace the existing improvement with the appropriate improvement for that strategic resource.

Am I correct in assuming that: If I get only a pantheon and don't manage to grab a religion, then I cannot spread the pantheon to any of my cities that do not follow this panheon (and therefore don't get the bonus in those cities)?

Top Bottom