Quick Questions and Answers

for the 2nd game in a row I don't get a GP/missionary at the set faith points. there seems to be a 10-12% penalty. it is happening on both Prince and King levels. although i can set to remind me later even though I"m not at Industrial era. What should I look for as a setting? playing G&K

I dont have the answer but I'm looking foward to it...
It ahppen to me aswel quiet often. My reccord being -9 turne before they actualy expand the GProphet. But very ofthen 2-3-4 turns late...

Yeah, before you are able to buy great people with faith in the industrial era, great prophets will not spawn instantly the moment you get to the threshold.
They have a chance to pop up every turn.
The more turns they wait to appear the more faith you lose since you drop to 0 after they appear, it's a bit weird really.
If too many turns pass you should use up some of the faith to buy a missionary or a building.

Also the city center tile bug, where it does not produce anything, can happen on your turn as well. Don't accept what the AI is offering in cities, add the city yourself and press trade.

for the 2nd game in a row I don't get a GP/missionary at the set faith points. there seems to be a 10-12% penalty. it is happening on both Prince and King levels. although i can set to remind me later even though I"m not at Industrial era. What should I look for as a setting? playing G&K

This is actually a feature of the game. I don't know what exactly this accomplishes, I guess they wanted to introduce further randomization in the religion game.
It's very annoying, I have lost last religion a couple of times because of it, but more often I lose good founder beliefs because someone gets a religion or enhances while my 2nd prophet is not spawning to enhance myself.

There is no setting for it, but there is a mod called Fixed Prophets. I think it works in G&K also.

So if you're looking for a specific luxury resource and no Civ currently has it for the resource overview, is there any way to easily locate it on the map without having to look for it manually, if you have already discovered it?

Is it just me, or do the barbarians not attack AI scouts as much as they attack mine? Couple of times, an AI scout has been next to 2 brutes on a plain tile yet neither attacked it. Whereas my scout is attacked on sight by brutes at all times.

Is it just me, or do the barbarians not attack AI scouts as much as they attack mine? Couple of times, an AI scout has been next to 2 brutes on a plain tile yet neither attacked it. Whereas my scout is attacked on sight by brutes at all times.

AIs get a big bonus vs barbs so they prefer your units as they're weaker for them

AIs get a big bonus vs barbs so they prefer your units as they're weaker for them

That's fair, but that should trigger only when they have an option between my units and the AI's right? I'm talking about a case where my unit wasnt within their range. Even with the bonuses, an AI scout will be weak against a brute on plain land.

So I have searched but have been unable to find an answer to this.

If you are doing a one city challenge it is my understanding that you can not keep cities you conquer (I assume there is no annex or puppet button). I also have read that capitals you take just "disappear". What happens to any world wonders that exist in a captured capital then? Do they also disappear or do they become available to be built again by another civ??

You can go here for the modding forum. You should be fine asking your question in the main forum rather than one of the subforums, unless your question is about Lua or DLL modding, in which case, go here.

Is there a thread you can link which shows which Civs are the best for each of the victory types?

Problem: Trying to make a map where natives start in classical age and Europeans start in renaissance but when I try to play the scenario natives have access to modern units, cities dont say "choose production" and the game crashes, how to fix this?

Have you tried different tech trees for the natives and Europeans?

Sent from my ZP951 using Tapatalk
Do you mean checking off techs in the "Edit Techs" to appropriate the natives/European eras? Haven't tried that yet.

19/22 civs are set in the classical age and the rest are in the renaissance but when i play as the civ in classical it says im in information age and I just finished computers.

Fixed it, problem was not going into advanced setup and accessing my map.

Is there a mod that will allow setting auto decline/refuse to common requests like exchanging embassies or open borders? It's just, especially at later game, the turns take so long I like to tab out and read while it chugs away in the background, but these constant and supremely annoying diplomacy screens that are spammed at frequency of 3-4 per turn slow this process down immensely. If anyone knows of a mod that allows setting an option to bypass this conditionally, please let me know.

Top Bottom