No, I mean the lines that appear when you choose the trade route. Sometimes they stay visible permanently and make a mess of the map.
It's when you have a trader selected. It's like when you have a religious unit selected at the end of your turn and the whole map has the religious lens. If you have a Trader selected at the end of your turn, the trade route lines will be shown all the time until you select a new unit or city.

It's when you have a trader selected. It's like when you have a religious unit selected at the end of your turn and the whole map has the religious lens. If you have a Trader selected at the end of your turn, the trade route lines will be shown all the time until you select a new unit or city.
Maybe I was not able to express myself clearly enough (English is not my native language): The problem is, that the lines often stay visible even if the trade routes are already selected. By now I am 100% sure that this is a bug.

Yep, that's a bug. I've found it a few times myself. Happens after you assign the trade route, but the view doesn't go away.

It always goes away after either re-assigning another Trade Route, or at the beginning of the next turn for me, though, so I don't get that bothered by it. There are more pressing issues, after all.

Hi everyone! Does someone here knows if the game is allowed to continue after the year 2050? Because i like to play domination games, trying to fight against the civs with my army during all the years to get their capitals, but i was playing with Germany, with just the domination victory activated and in the year 2050 the game just finished. And more than that, i wasn´t able to even click on "continue game". Can someone here explain me how this works? Because in CIV V i remember to enjoy a lot with long games and see how the world was changing with all the nuclear wars and stuff. Help please.

Only when setting up a game, via the advanced setup. If you scroll down in the right panel, you'll see an option for turn limit. Just choose "No Turn Limit".

Forgive if already asked.. but there are over 400 posts.. so I can't read them all.

whats the difference between Spread Religion and Evangelize Belief for an apostle?

Spread Religion is just like the Missionary ability, you use it to convert some citizens from one city (yours, City States or from other players/AI).

Evangelize unlocks one additional belief for your religion. It consumes the Apostle, and may unlock 2 more beliefs. Dunno how many Spread charges are needed,or if you can do it with an "injured" Apostle, though. I always use it right away since I like having the additional beliefs.

So I just captured a city from Brazil and it created a Redcoat. It also created a Redcoat when I settled a city a few turns earlier. Am I really just now noticing this or is it new or what? I can't believe after 100+ hours in this game I would just be noticing something like this.

Take a look at Victoria's special ability ;). It also applies, from what it seems, to captured cities.

When looking at "view report" it says under "resources" that I've got access to niter and horses through "Great person". I do not have the resources within my borders. I've also checked my cities. I've used the engineer that gives you walls (twice). I think he was named James of St Georg. Can the use of him have given me access to these resources?
Maybe I'm missing the obvious, but I would be grateful if anyone could explain to me how you can get access to strategic resources through great persons. I'm playing with the latest patch.
Regards
Hagbard H

When looking at "view report" it says under "resources" that I've got access to niter and horses through "Great person". I do not have the resources within my borders. I've also checked my cities. I've used the engineer that gives you walls (twice). I think he was named James of St Georg. Can the use of him have given me access to these resources?
Maybe I'm missing the obvious, but I would be grateful if anyone could explain to me how you can get access to strategic resources through great persons. I'm playing with the latest patch.
Regards
Hagbard H
Look through the list of all the great people you have recruited (that OTHER tab on the great people screen). It shows the benefits incurred.
If it doesn't provide the answer you sought, it will have at least provided you more enlightenment of the game. ;)

Are you friends with Hattusa? That's all I can think of.
That's it. Thanks Rossticles! (Hattusa unique bonus "Provides you with 1 of each strategic resource you have revealed but do not own".) Some of these unique city-state bonuses are really powerful!
Funny though that it says "Great person" as source under the resources-report. A bit confusing I think.
Thanks also to Jaybe. I had yet to find that OTHER tab. ;)

Regards
Hagbard H

Something odd happened in my latest game that I haven't been able to figure out. I was playing as Germany and I declared war on the Valetta city state. I attacked the city several times and ended my turn. Then on the next turn my units were automatically bumped outside the borders and peace was enforced. I could not declare war again for 9 turns. I tested this several times with the same result, but when I waited several turns first before declaring it allowed me to continue the war. Is this a bug? I could not find any references to this in the manual or civilopedia.

That happens when the suzerainship of a CS changes (including going from someone being suzerain to no one being suzerain) -- the CS automatically makes peace (without your consent).

That happens when the suzerainship of a CS changes (including going from someone being suzerain to no one being suzerain) -- the CS automatically makes peace (without your consent).

Thanks! I knew I was missing something. I have found the in game info for Civ 6 to be very lacking so far. This forum is much more helpful.

How is this possible? On turn 263 there were no barbs in sight near the city and no barbs huts on the continent. Then, on the very next turn 264, one of my cities has 3 barb AT Crew plus Artillery surrounding one of my inland cities. I was doing a "mobilization" war against the Kongo dude at the time. Does he have some magical voodoo trick? Or can he recruit some Great Person to do this magic? Amazing. Ruined my game.

How is this possible? On turn 263 there were no barbs in sight near the city and no barbs huts on the continent. Then, on the very next turn 264, one of my cities has 3 barb AT Crew plus Artillery surrounding one of my inland cities. I was doing a "mobilization" war against the Kongo dude at the time. Does he have some magical voodoo trick? Or can he recruit some Great Person to do this magic? Amazing. Ruined my game.
That must have been one unhappy city to have been the recipient of so many goons!
That's how it works: you have to monitor the happiness/war weariness of your cities, particularly when you have been at war for several turns. Last tab in the Reports.

That must have been one unhappy city to have been the recipient of so many goons!
That's how it works: you have to monitor the happiness/war weariness of your cities, particularly when you have been at war for several turns. Last tab in the Reports.

I did not know that could happen. I thought war weariness just slowed the economy, not cause a barb attack! I did some checking. This city and all those around it began the war at -1 amenity level. This was a mobilization war that is supposed to cut your war weariness by 25%. After 25 turns of the war, my other cities were at around -2 or -3. This city was at -6. The attack came at -6, so I guess that is the magic number to watch out for. The only difference I can figure is that this city has a holy site (former Aztec capital). My conclusion is that this is the reason its citizens became more war weary. They are holier than my other heathen cities, and so hate war. True?

Top Bottom