Apparently if you buy the ships instead of producing them the Venitian Arsenal will not make a duplicate ship. It has happened to me last game, is it a bug?
I have the same experience with Venitian Arsenal. IMHO it is shood be like it is, otherwise, the player can accumulate a lot of gold and get a large fleet in one turn

I love VA, but since the AI's don't build many ships and don't have a real navy, with the double production of VA, I don't often see a need to buy a ship. What's the worst they can do? You won't lose a city.

OK, let me get this straight, I already have Rise and Fall and Gathering Storm, if I get the Frontier Pass as well will I be eligible for a free Leader Pass?

I now own all DLC sans Leader Pass, but now that I've seen the store page it says that the Leader Pass is free for owners of the Civilization VI Anthology, which I do not own, though I do own all of its component content. Am I still eligible for a free Leader Pass? (It's not showing as such on the Store Page.)

I now own all DLC sans Leader Pass, but now that I've seen the store page it says that the Leader Pass is free for owners of the Civilization VI Anthology, which I do not own, though I do own all of its component content. Am I still eligible for a free Leader Pass? (It's not showing as such on the Store Page.)
You should be. Although I've just had a thought, are you on PC? Consoles don't get it. If you are on PC, try going through the process of buying it (but don't do the final confirmation). I think it may do the check and strike the cost at that point. Don't buy it if it still says it costs though, in that case maybe someone else who has abetter memory than me can help. I think that's what I did.

You should be. Although I've just had a thought, are you on PC? Consoles don't get it. If you are on PC, try going through the process of buying it (but don't do the final confirmation). I think it may do the check and strike the cost at that point. Don't buy it if it still says it costs though, in that case maybe someone else who has abetter memory than me can help. I think that's what I did.
I'm on PC. Thanks, I'll try your suggestion.

Hi. I'm playing as the Incans and am not able to build a National Park. Am I doing something wrong? My city is controlling all the mountain tiles in question.
Spoiler :

Park question2.jpg
Park question1.jpg

[/spoiler}

Hi. I'm playing as the Incans and am not able to build a National Park. Am I doing something wrong? My city is controlling all the mountain tiles in question.
Mountains are inherently impassable tiles, no tile can actually "go over" them, units just teleport between tunnels.

As such, a National Park requires at least 1 flat tile in order for the Naturalist to be able to construct it, so a set of 4 tiles is not eligible to create one.

Why does districs cost more and more production the more research you have done and the more of the same district you have? I could prehaps understand that progress in time eras means that you build more sophisticated infrastructure but still the districs still gives the same bonuses in each era.

Mostly game balance. You production increases massively over the course of the game, and if you kept production costs the same, you end up with everything taking one turn which would defy the point if having production, really.

You can justify it by saying the buildings are more complex and so forth, but really it's to keep the game somewhat interesting.

Agreed.

New question: often trying to play at peace with an AI and too often plant a city too close to another civ and get the warning message: you are settling too close.

The options are
1- sorry, But civ takes this as a promise and too often get a relationship hit for "breaking promise". Hey it wasn't a promise, but it's a game feature.
2- settle where I want
3- ignore.

Question is which is better to keep peace for a time? apologize or ignore? apologize usually entails a 2-3 point relationship hit, when are the other options better, and when worst?

Agreed.

New question: often trying to play at peace with an AI and too often plant a city too close to another civ and get the warning message: you are settling too close.

The options are
1- sorry, But civ takes this as a promise and too often get a relationship hit for "breaking promise". Hey it wasn't a promise, but it's a game feature.
2- settle where I want
3- ignore.

Question is which is better to keep peace for a time? apologize or ignore? apologize usually entails a 2-3 point relationship hit, when are the other options better, and when worst?
Depends on the map. Let's say (hypothetically) that I settled a city to expand my eastern frontier and my AI to the east complained about it. If I settle my next city on my western or northern frontier, away from the complainer, they will say nothing. The "promise" only lasts for 20 turns or so (I think). By the time you're ready to settle eastward again, you may have been judged to have kept your promise.
On the other hand, if there are key resources on the east and you need two cities to claim them, you may well choose to settle your second city soon after the first, take the relationship hit, and have some ranged units ready to garrison those cities.

TY, I checked after more than 20 turns and "settled too close" neg rating -3, does not disappear.
Warmongering is a mess in this version of civ. Once you go to war, there is no reputation recovery possible, unlike other versions of civ. Big negative. Hopefully that will change in 7.

Top Bottom