Quick Questions , Quick Answers

Not any I recall.

Are there any units that can transport ships/boats over land (like log rollers)?
It's a bug that might be fixed now, but not so long ago ships' cargo volumes were so small that they could load onto all sorts of land transports.

Are there any units that can transport ships/boats over land (like log rollers)?
Interesting concept but none currently, no.

Nope. BUT....if you string palisades/forts together you can cross a land bridge that way. Not sure about wooden towers, but they may work as well.

Nope. BUT....if you string palisades/forts together you can cross a land bridge that way. Not sure about wooden towers, but they may work as well.
Only to a limited degree. It won't allow you to make a canal across a thicker region of land.

It's actually kinda interesting what it does in the code. It allows this:
W=water F=Fort (note that forts count as cities so should behave the same whether the F is a fort or city)
WFW - this would allow you to cross through
WFFW - this would allow you to cross through
WFFFW - this would NOT allow you to cross beyond moving into the first coastal shore tile
WFFFFW - Nor would this.

Basically it's allowing the water domain unit to cross into this fort/city tile as long as that fort/city tile is no further than adjacent to a water domain tile but as soon as the tile where the fort or city is located is NOT adjacent to a water domain tile, the ability to move a ship into it disappears.

I made a tag for improvements bCanal or something like that, which would allow for the tile to be contained by a naval vessel no matter how far away from water it is, but we haven't worked out the artwork and how to apply it so it angles properly so we can actually do real canals, so it hasn't been used on anything yet.

Good info.

Basically it's allowing the water domain unit to cross into this fort/city tile as long as that fort/city tile is no further than adjacent to a water domain tile but as soon as the tile where the fort or city is located is NOT adjacent to a water domain tile, the ability to move a ship into it disappears.

This is how I remember it: when building a coastal fort or city, a "port" is automatically built with it. The port gives the tile the ability to hold water units. Build an inland fort, then no port, no water units can pass.

Only to a limited degree. It won't allow you to make a canal across a thicker region of land.

It's actually kinda interesting what it does in the code. It allows this:
W=water F=Fort (note that forts count as cities so should behave the same whether the F is a fort or city)
WFW - this would allow you to cross through
WFFW - this would allow you to cross through
WFFFW - this would NOT allow you to cross beyond moving into the first coastal shore tile
WFFFFW - Nor would this.

I made a tag for improvements bCanal or something like that, which would allow for the tile to be contained by a naval vessel no matter how far away from water it is, but we haven't worked out the artwork and how to apply it so it angles properly so we can actually do real canals, so it hasn't been used on anything yet.
Hmmm......Have you tested this with cities that also have Town wells. Is the range of "water" extended by the city's town well? Also we now have terrain and or features that act as "bodies" of water for irrigation and farming, like bogs and marshes. So a city close to a coastal city could also thru building Palisades and/or Forts extend the range of ship "porting"? By meeting the "water" requirements thru these city buildings and terrain/feature improvements?

Hmmm......Have you tested this with cities that also have Town wells. Is the range of "water" extended by the city's town well? Also we now have terrain and or features that act as "bodies" of water for irrigation and farming, like bogs and marshes. So a city close to a coastal city could also thru building Palisades and/or Forts extend the range of ship "porting"? By meeting the "water" requirements thru these city buildings and terrain/feature improvements?
Fresh Water and Domain Water are two very different things. Fresh Water relates only to improvement prereqs.

There used to be way to invert the meaning of Shift key when it came to city production queue, so if you didn't press it, a building or unit was added to the queue instead of replacing the current build. Now the option does nothing. Has it changed to something else or could it be brought back? I use queues excessively and would love if I didn't have to keep Shift pressed.

EDIT: I realized I hadn't updated my game in a while so I did and now the option works again! Hooray, thanks to whoever fixed it!

Last edited:
Would it mess up balancing or cause overflow issues if turns in the end game eras covered a larger duration of time (ie the "end of history" being in the 100s of thousands, or even millions AD)? Just thinking that it would be cool to have a million year old civ colonizing the stars, after taking a million years real time to reach that point in game.

Would it mess up balancing or cause overflow issues if turns in the end game eras covered a larger duration of time (ie the "end of history" being in the 100s of thousands, or even millions AD)? Just thinking that it would be cool to have a million year old civ colonizing the stars, after taking a million years real time to reach that point in game.
No - it would require lengthening game turns after the modern era significantly and I do think it's something we should do at some point.

What exactly do diplomats do? I haven't trained any yet. The pedia doesn't state what actions they can perform.

Are there any map scripts with an option to increase/decrease the size of regions (e.g larger/smaller deserts, jungles, tundra, etc.)? Or is the size of regions limited to different scripts (e.g large regions from World, small regions from Worldbuilder)?

What exactly do diplomats do? I haven't trained any yet. The pedia doesn't state what actions they can perform.
I don't remember now about the wikipedia, but I remember a Great Diplomat showing up in my rennaisance or industrial era, and his capability of researching a tech was close to 0, unlike other Great People. I don't know if this was intended or a bug or a forgotten thing/value.
Also if I remember correctly, they can force a truce/peace signing during a war, and that can be helpful sometimes.

Nothing yet. WIP from DH that has been suspended. I'm not sure what all was planned for them but I hope to see them someday.
Are there any map scripts with an option to increase/decrease the size of regions (e.g larger/smaller deserts, jungles, tundra, etc.)? Or is the size of regions limited to different scripts (e.g large regions from World, small regions from Worldbuilder)?
It would be so nice to be able to get more control on these. Agreed.

Hello. Please tell me if there is any map editor for this mod in addition to what is present in the game?

Hello. Please tell me if there is any map editor for this mod in addition to what is present in the game?
Just the worldbuilder.

Has the Cultures Resources changed? Do I now need to build the culture wonder and then "active culture" in a city?

Has the Cultures Resources changed? Do I now need to build the culture wonder and then "active culture" in a city?
Base cultures work differently now.
Just build base culture buildings.
Culture wonders are unchanged except adjusted base culture requirements.

Is there any reason as to why not all buildable buildings show up at the start of the turn in the popup on the right side of the screen?

I was wondering why i couldnt build some buildings i researched. I then examined the city and went into buildings tab and there were a lot of them there that I could build but they didnt show in the popup ...

Im on latest SVN

Couple of screenshots:
https://ibb.co/BTZjRcs
https://ibb.co/z24Gyr3

Top Bottom