Quot Capita

I am now playing in year 1906 in a very stable game until now, as I end the turn the game just waits for other civs and never comes back.
tried to reload and happened again.
Tried to reload some turns before but it happened again onceI reached 1906.

I had that issue with a multiplayer game once, which reoccurred even by reloading or dropping back a few turns. I have no idea how to solve that, I'm afraid :(

I am getting an error loading this mod.

It goes something like this...

XML Error

There are more siblings than memory allocated for them in CvXMLLoadUtility::SetVariableListTagPair
Current XML file is: Modules\units\greatbombard\greatbombard_civ4unitinfos.xml

It continues on a second error popup.

Tag:ROUTE_PAVED in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is: modules\units\greatbombard\greatbombard_civ4unitinfos.xml

The mod loads the rest of the way when I click ok but I thought you ought to know about this Avain.

Ill let you know if it causes problems.

I get the identical 2 errors

Elrikk.

Thanks for these reports, guys, I'll check them out!

Thanks avain,

I'll upload my savegame in order to help you find a solution (if any on sight!:D)

if not, it would be good to know at least which component causes this issue. I think it's something related to revolution DCM (most probably Barbarian Civ), as I have experienced many troubles with that component when playing, for example, rise of mankind (which i quitted because I couldn't finish a single game because of continuous CTDs).

Thanks again

Cheers,
Nem

Thanks avain,

I'll upload my savegame in order to help you find a solution (if any on sight!:D)

if not, it would be good to know at least which component causes this issue. I think it's something related to revolution DCM (most probably Barbarian Civ), as I have experienced many troubles with that component when playing, for example, rise of mankind (which i quitted because I couldn't finish a single game because of continuous CTDs).

Thanks again

Cheers,
Nem

Ok. Please also state which options do you use if it's different from the default. I'm not encouraging play with the Revolution and barbarian components, but simply because I did not have chance to try them out, and to be honest I think I prefer to play without those - thus the default settings are off for them.

thanks avain,

you will find the save game attached, in the turn after which the game stops working. To be precise, the game does not freeze (e.g. you are still able to scroll through the map or go to main menu, save/load games and exit to main menu/desktop) it simply...stops progressing. I saw some other civs having their turn completed, but a certain point it does not move forward.

Here are my game options:

custom game
standard map ("big and small" map type)
10 opponents AI
victory tipe: all
revolution on
barbciv on
dynamic civ names on
start as minors on

hope you can shed some light on that, especially because I thought I finally found a stable mod to play...

As i wrote in previous message, I think it's something related with revdcm/ barbciv but cannot be more precise (i saw somone else having this issue in the betterAi related forum but they did not get anymore info)

I am now starting a new game with barbciv off to see if something happens..

thanks in advance for your time

cheers
Nem

Attachments

• Frederick AD-1906.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 127
Avain, I downloaded this mod and installed in and then started it up, but when it gets to initialize engine I get an exe runtime error. I do have 3.19 installed.
@Nemesys does it still say waitng for other civilizations? I think this a REVdcm bug as other Rom players have had this happen. There is a way to work around it but I am not sure what it is.

Avain, I downloaded this mod and installed in and then started it up, but when it gets to initialize engine I get an exe runtime error. I do have 3.19 installed.
@Nemesys does it still say waitng for other civilizations? I think this a REVdcm bug as other Rom players have had this happen. There is a way to work around it but I am not sure what it is.

thanks NBAfan,

yes tried again last night and could not get past 1906.

I think is is something related to better AI component since the game stops while other AIs are playing their turn...

the strange thing is, those revdcm related issues always happen in late game stages, even when playing Rise of Mankind those never happened before reaching 20th century; so I think that there is something also related to the "size" or complexity the game reaches at a certain point..don't know, i'm not a technician just an enthusiastic end user, but i hope those problems can be overcome. :blush:

I'm worried by the fact that even RoM forum is full of those discussions but still those bugs remain unsolved..

By the way, you said you red something about getting past this problem, if onl you could tell me which forum to look at I would really appreciate that!

Cheers
Nem

Hi,

The light bomber looks like the fighter. Playing persia.

Edit: Forget it.

@Nemesys I think it has something to do with using the civ changer to change to an AI civ when the waiting bug happens. It is in the ROM fourm somewhere, but I don't know where.

Try a custom game with an advanced start.

Is the combustion technology missing from this mod? I was playing yesterday and when I got oil and continuous track, I was unable to get combustion researched. It wasn't even present in the big picture, as far as I could tell.

hey :)

Just read a little in your forum. I'm a RoM player (modmodder ;)) and I think the problem about the "Waiting for civ" bug is related to an AI that loads units onto ships (dont know which component handles that. my guess would be BetterAI) The problem can be solved by deleting the fleet in world builder from the AI that "Waits". To find out which AI that waits a simple solution can be applied. Put a galley from each civ into your territory and see which moves last with View enemy/friendly moves turned on. Its usually an AI that recently declared war.

Just a question : I read that you have WoC. Did you fix the multible choice events?

Just read a little in your forum. I'm a RoM player (modmodder ;)) and I think the problem about the "Waiting for civ" bug is related to an AI that loads units onto ships (dont know which component handles that. my guess would be BetterAI) The problem can be solved by deleting the fleet in world builder from the AI that "Waits". To find out which AI that waits a simple solution can be applied. Put a galley from each civ into your territory and see which moves last with View enemy/friendly moves turned on. Its usually an AI that recently declared war.
Thanks for the info! (actually I know you are a modmodder as I've seen a couple of nice modmods from you!)

Just a question : I read that you have WoC. Did you fix the multible choice events?
Nope, but as I hear glider1 got/will get a fix incorporated in a coming next version of RevDCM

Hmm, my cousin and I were playing a game multiplayer over the internet, and around 1850 AD, things started to go really slow taking turns. It kept giving us the 'waiting for other civs' message, and I kept getting a message saying it was waiting for player 1 (my cousin). Is this the same problem as listed above? Or is it because we were playing MP?

Downloading this now. Does the Leaders of VD pack work for this?

Edit: Scratch that. I see that it comes with it.
Do the other VD civ packs work with it? Cuba, Polynesia, etc.

Edit 2:
Mod doesn't run for me. I'm using 3.19, I didn't change any of the files or attempt to include anything not installed, yet it crashes about 1/2 of the way through loading, during the uncached XML stage. (Well, XP says it needs to be closed, technically.)

reporting an error i found while browsing through some files avain.

Code:
<UnitArtStyleTypeInfo>
			<Type>UNIT_ARTSTYLE_[B][COLOR="Red"]GREMAN[/COLOR][/B]</Type>
			<StyleUnits>
				<StyleUnit>
					<UnitType>UNIT_TRENCH_INFANTRY</UnitType>
					<UnitMeshGroup>
						<EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_TRENCH_INFANTRY_GERMAN</EarlyArtDefineTag>
						<LateArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_TRENCH_INFANTRY_GERMAN</LateArtDefineTag>
						<MiddleArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_TRENCH_INFANTRY_GERMAN</MiddleArtDefineTag>
					</UnitMeshGroup>
				</StyleUnit>
			</StyleUnits>
		</UnitArtStyleTypeInfo>

GREMAN should be german

Just tried that and it worked!

I had to go through worldbuilder and look after that damn ethiopyan fleet moving towards america, erased that and the game went on just fine...

I really have to thank you for your suggestion, since I really did not want to abandon my game..

So to all of you guys experiencing this issue, I reccommend you to follow vincentz's advice on how to get past it. I hope the issue can be solved "offically" by the revdcm/better ai authors, as I saw also zappara from RoM asking for a fix on their forums...
I hope it gets fixed since I realy don't linke to manually alter the game, feels like cheating..

thanks anyway

Cheers
Nem

Hmm. If I install it in the MyDocuments BTS mod folder instead of the Program Files folder, I get one xml error before the crash (something involving an airship.)

Edit: Correction. It crashes halfway (during uncached XML) under MyDocuments BTS, and 2/3 of the way (during the Engine section) under Program Files.

Edit 2: Nope. Alternates, actually. It'll crash at 2/3s one try, then 1/2 the other try.
Also, not selecting Leaders of VD and the blood thing still lead to this. Looking through the thread, I see I'm not the only one experiencing this issue.

Top Bottom