R.E.D. modpack

No objections from me.

Does this mean an update will be released soon? And if so, how soon? : )

waiting for a few answers on that subject, then maybe next WE :D

Any objections if I use 4th generation jet fighter models for ethnicity ?

The in game model is a 5th generation model, but currently only the US have some in service...

No prob :p. On the other hand, at the moment the unique jets of 5th generation are F-35 and T-50/PAK-FA (and these aren't in army yet).

I will be finishing a unit pack by this weekend. Just letting you know before you update and see new units posted.

And I also vote "yea" on the jet fighter diversity.

I will be finishing a unit pack by this weekend. Just letting you know before you update and see new units posted.

And I also vote "yea" on the jet fighter diversity.

thank you, I'll wait for it then :)

(and in fact I'm in the middle of converting some code for the WWII mod that may report the planned release of next version by 2-3 days anyway)

Well, after a long hiatus of not playing Civ 5, I return to news of yet another update of R.E.D. Can this weekend get any better :p? Also, on the whole variety front, would it be possible to add new units unique to every civilization in the game, all of them with different models, but similar stats to add some more variety? Like putting the M4 Sherman with the M3 Stuart in the US's WWII era tank selection and they'd have minor differences between them?

Yeah, what happened? It's been more than 2 weeks since we had any progress reports. Not the longest this has ever been for a mod, but it seemed like we may have been getting an update a few weeks back.

Yeah, what happened? It's been more than 2 weeks since we had any progress reports. Not the longest this has ever been for a mod, but it seemed like we may have been getting an update a few weeks back.

Umm... too few new units released?

It's been delayed by one evasive game-breaking bug in R.E.D. WWII.

But I may put it aside to make the new release, just need a few free hours one of those evening.

It's been delayed by one evasive game-breaking bug in R.E.D. WWII.

But I may put it aside to make the new release, just need a few free hours one of those evening.

Well, you certainly seem to have a lot of projects going on. Your WWII mod so far is also extremely good, so good luck!

Ok, here it is, v.24 is uploaded on Civfanatics' Files Database.

R.E.D. Xtrem also updated to v.24, remember to install it after R.E.D Modpack to not mess with the formation file.

The usual change log (I hope I didn't forget some) :

v.24 (Jan 28, 2013):
- Update and add units from JTitan's Ethiopia pack (including new crossbowmen, knights, pikemen, spearmen, horsemen, ...)
- Add Snafusmith's P-40 to Egypt and Ottoman (Turkey)
- Add Snafusmith's F-15 for America
- Add Snafusmith's Mig-29 for Russia (USSR), India, Persia (Iran), Babylon (Irak), Inca (Peru)
- Add Danrell's F-16 conversion for all other nations
- Add Bernie14's Great War Infantries for Arabia, Austria, English, French, Germany, Greece, India, Italy, Japan, Ottoman, Russia, America
- Add Bernie14's Hungarian Riflemen & Hussar for The Huns

As it's a bit rushed, I'll let you do the beta testing before putting it on the workshop, TIA :D

- Add Bernie14's Hungarian Riflemen & Hussar for The Huns

Umm, I guess you added these units: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=484807
First of all, I'm not sure if you should mix up Hungary and the Huns this much.
(Yeah, I know you added all the hungarian units there... but I still don't think it's a good solution)

But even if you do that: the rifleman is Austrian, it was made for them as a new UU
These two units was made for mods which want to include Hungary as a separate civ.
So Huszars are only availeable for Hungary. Austria has the normal Cavalry unit, while this Landwehr Infantry is their UU

The Huns --> Magyars --> modern Hungarian path is a bit controversial, but the legend is well established (it's even part of the Hungarian national anthem). Besides, how else are you going to be able to ascribe modern units to the Huns?

Top Bottom