Raging Barbarians in FF

OK, thanks. I was finally able to free some of my guys from the barb onslaught and had them take out the remaining 2 AI civs. This was before Turn 400. I am still a little mystified as to why the barbs kept coming at me (more than 200 turns) and ignoring those 2 civs as they continued to expand with their one-defender cities. Usually, you get pounded for awhile, then they go after someone else. But, in this game I continuously got it.

As a note, even without Raging Barbarians activated I had much the same experience recently in base FfH when I was playtesting some features. Had the Barbarians flooding in on me quite non-stop. Not sure if they bothered with anyone else at all as everybody else managed to tech up quite nicely (short while later I had Hyborem smacking me from the other side)

I'd been reading this for a while, wondering what the hell you guys were talking about, and then started a game on the Erebus map..... Jesus, was not prepared for that rush lol. Never had it happen on the Perfect World map I usually play on... Could it possibly something with the map itself? What maps do you have this problem on?

Edit: Could possibly be the mountain chains funneling them into people... Every map I've started, I'm surrounded by mountains with only one path into the main continent.

I'd been reading this for a while, wondering what the hell you guys were talking about, and then started a game on the Erebus map..... Jesus, was not prepared for that rush lol. Never had it happen on the Perfect World map I usually play on... Could it possibly something with the map itself? What maps do you have this problem on?

Edit: Could possibly be the mountain chains funneling them into people... Every map I've started, I'm surrounded by mountains with only one path into the main continent.

Yeah, Valkrionn, you hit on a point I mentioned in my first post in this thread. I always mention the size and type of map I use - Huge/Fantasy Realm (mostly land). It could have something to do with the map type and size, but I am still of the opinion that it has more to do with WHEN the main barb force appears, and, to a lesser extent, your game speed. I think Turn 40-50 in an Epic Speed game is just too soon. The AI is totally unprepared and is wiped out in short order. Also, it really ruins the fun early exploration game as you are forced into a defensive turtling very early.

Are you saying you use your world map with the raging barb option on and don't see them appear early and take out AI civs? Maybe they are just spawning on one continent on your map and wreaking havoc there as opposed to having one land mass to operate in?

I don't often use maps with a lot of water on them, but maybe I should try one to see what happens.

Top Bottom