Rallying call for Rhye's and Fall of Civilization

I realized I forgot to state a civ preference in my email. It actually doesn't matter to me which civ I get, I'm happy to help with any one of them.

Just noticed in the patch notes for the upcoming patch they state that they increase the minimum space between cities to 3 tiles (from 2) how will this affect the mod if at all?

Not at all. You can always revert city spacing to any number you choose.

How will unit stacking come to play in this mod? It'll be hard for European countries to have large armies with such small space.

How will unit stacking come to play in this mod? It'll be hard for European countries to have large armies with such small space.

I believe that Europe has been enlarged and therefore no need for unit stacking. I also believe that most wars involving europe will take place in America or Africa anyway.

Aren't there mods that enable stacking?
Also, because of the complexity of Civ 5 leaderheads, don't get caught up in making them all match, just slap the nation's flag as the leader and feel free to create civs.

Especially the vikings.

Ugh. Even in civ4, flags as leaders is VERY ugly. In civ5 it would be much, much worse.

Agreed. No one's expecting a Manet, but I'd like to stare at something other than a flag when sipping the weak and bitter tea that CiV calls diplomacy. Though, admittedly, the original point that aesthetics for the diploheads are a low priority does make sense.

Ugh. Even in civ4, flags as leaders is VERY ugly. In civ5 it would be much, much worse.

I am very good at art, so yeah, expect a Rubens. How about I make entirely new 3d custom leaderheads for each era/civ? So let's say for Persia it would start with Cyrus or someone and end up with Ahmadinejad. They wouldn't be animated like they are in V, they would just sit there breathing and staring you down. I'm trying to get a contract to make a realistic 3d movie from Paramount Studios and this would be a good portfolio piece to prove I can do it.

What I will do is just make a generic 3d male and female model and change the face/clothing to match the specific person I am trying to represent. Then it's just a matter of building and texturing the scene which shouldn't be too hard. I'm pretty busy right now, but I can probably complete them within the next 8 months or so.

I'm thinking a lot of leaderheads, like maybe for the major civs they change based on what social policies are selected. For instance Germany could have either Hitler or Hindenburg in the industrial era depending on whether they go with freedom or autocracy.

How will dynamic names work without religions and civics? Or will it be there at all?

How will dynamic names work without religions and civics? Or will it be there at all?

I hope civics get added back in. I disagree with the Civ 5 developeers; civics added more flavor than SPs did. Perhaps we can do governments, like the Call to Power mod is doing right now.

Hell, I'll even make animated victory screens if you want Rhye's. Just tell me what you need and you'll have it within a year.

Wow! Those are really good! I can't wait to see the leader heads!

May I ask something, are the colonies, (the EXACT LOCATION OF THE COLONIES)
going to be included? And are the city names going to be given their romanized
names first and then translated later on to their natural names?

Top Bottom