Ramesses II (Industrious-Deity series)

Explorers are meant for those guarded huts, they have str 4 after all. They also start with woody I so if you have a big landmass to explore you only need a barracks for a woody II explorer to quickly map it out. The 2 movement points can be especially useful if you lack horses.

I find it broken that explorers can't be upgraded. They SHOULD be able to transition into airships.

On thesame lines; Am I the only one here who wonder why there's not spy sattalites in the game after the apollo program? Why are there still unexplored patches of land on the world after I've been to space? Didn't the apollo program in Civ2 give you a complete world map?

Try researching Satellites.

It SHOULD be easy enough to Mod that in; a simple change to Civ4UnitInfos.xml ?

Couldn't there be technical issues with turning a land unit into an air unit? It's kind of unprecedented. Have to make sure its in a city at least.

I don't see how this can be unprecedented considering a horse-archer or war-chariot is upgradable to a jet.

I don't see how this can be unprecedented considering a horse-archer or war-chariot is upgradable to a jet.

Helicopters are still essentially land units though. (have movement points and can't go over water for instance)

Helicopters are still essentially land units though. (have movement points and can't go over water for instance)

Besides, if you can ride a horse you can fly a helicopter. :p

Turns 200-210
Spoiler :

Woohoo, now that our SoL came in, we get our free FORGE-POWER.
Anyhow, looks like I didn’t have to rush it after all, at turn #202 we gave Monte the IDIOT 155 gold, and he took it for peace. What a sucker...
Unfortunately I feel very, very wasteful now with that GE, but we were really in a bad spot there, and had to play it safe. Our SSE really isn’t going as well as we planned, it’s just turning out now into something else. Such is life in the deity lane...
Anyhow, some bad news. Just when I found a nice spot where Oil was present, and was already getting a settler ready to take it, Zara beat me too it, so it was lost. Grrr, I even had roaded to it also, haha. What a waste... This was going to cause me much, problems later on.
And on our last turn, Cyrus just comes out and offers us MT. Great! I don’t plan on using it yet, but maybe I can trade it around, haha.

Turns 210-220
Spoiler :

Well, some of our veteran units from our war with Monte-The-Idiot are now put to good use to capture another barb city. Hopefully this will cut down even further those pesky barb units that are still springing up all over the friggen place.
On turn #212 we also make a defense pact with Hannibal.
Turn #218 Cyrus completed the Kremlin.
At the end of this turn-set, I recreated my defense pact with Cyrus as well, AND I made one with Zara to top it off. Now if some of those super aggressive maniacs sneak-attacks me again, they are REALLY going to be in for it!

Turns 220-230
Spoiler :

On turn #223 we ran into De Gaulle, who it seems Zara may have created.
Also, I popped another GM, and used him for a golden-age to help speed up creation of Broadway.

Turns 230-240
Spoiler :

We end up finishing Broadway, it’s ours.
We then traded around for steam, and find out terrible news. We not only have no copper, and no oil.. but we also have no coal. This means, after we get IronWorks, it will only run up to 50% efficiency.
Also... De Gaulle ended up creating mining inc. Very silly since he has such a small empire.

Turns 240-250
Spoiler :

Quite a lot of wonderbuilding going on this turnset. 4 of them!
My capital was busy completing the IronWorks, so I had three other cities work on the three Radio wonders. And I completed all of them this turn.
Here’s a shot from Fish-Corner City, the same turn that Iron-City completed Eiffel. Rock’n’ Roll was also putting in the last hammer this turn.
Anyhow I made a silly error. I popped another GM and was debating on what to do with him, so finally settled instead of saving for my run to computers. What I should have done is keep him because I could have taken a shot at Sushi, after all I was heading up that way anyway. So now I was stuck with no GM, oh well.. time to get Pacifism ready and see how to correct this problem. Sometimes I am just not thinking right...

Turns 250-260
Spoiler :

Boy if you thought I made an error before, I really made one now. I ended up researching refrigeration, THINKING I was going after Medicine. Ahah! What an idiot I am. Anyhow, time to fix that by trading it to Zara for Medicine...
Hell, I was able to trade it to others for a bunch of other great techs and stuff, so maybe it wasn’t such a bad mistake after all.
On turn #254 we discovered aluminum near Iron City. Phew... We may have been screwed out of copper... We got screwed out of Oil.... We got screwed out of Coal... We got screwed out of Uranium...but at least we got one source of aluminum!
On turn #256 we got our GM and now to set it up in our planned Wallstreet city. Now lets see, do we chose Sushi or.... Cereal.
Anyhow, we completed 1 corporation and 4 more wonders this turn.
  • Sushi
  • Hollywood
  • United Nations
  • Forbidden Palace
  • Moai Statues.

We actually had built Moai in more than one city so we got some extra money. And while the last hammer went into the UN on our last turn, it technically doesn’t come operational until the start of turn #261

Turns 260-270
Spoiler :

I am competing with Cyrus for Secretary. Cyrus wins because Zara backstabbed me and voted for the other guy. Arghhhh...
But speaking of backstabbing. Stupid Khmer declares war on me. Actually, he DoW’ed on Hannibal, which forces me into the war against him. Strangely, I just got a -3 penalty for a DoW on him, when it was HIM who did the DoW. Seems to be a bug here, I didn’t do anything wrong. Anyhow, what a freiken ******! I got draftable infantry, and he’s still stuck with muskets.

Muskets???

I know god damn well if I try to bribe him to attack anyone I get the “We are worried about their strength.” Yet HE can DoW himself on two superior nations? I just don’t get this stupidity.

Needless to say, I ended up capturing that silly (and useless) city he planted down on my southern tile ages ago. I guess it won’t be totally useless now that I have sushi to bring in food to it. But what an idiot...
Anyway, looks like Zara, Monte, Toku, Saladin, etc. Decided to get tangled up in another war of their own...

Turns 270-280
Spoiler :

That stupid Khmer may pillage some sea-food but that’s about it. I have no worries otherwise. Anyway....
We finish off a couple more very big builds here.
In the capital we put our last hammer into the INTERNET, and in our Fish-Corner city we finish of T3GD. Of course, we put in a bit of extra cash to help out. No sense in taking a risk and losing it here, since we have enough cities where the wonder becomes quite important.
I’ve had my tech turned off for quite a while now, and will probably keep it turned off for the rest of the game. This sort of diminishes the value of the SSE, but if we had lost the internet race we’d of course have to keep research on. It’s hard to predict these points ahead of time on deity...
Anyhow, I saved a few turns after here before continuing, so I’ll stop the write-up for now.

So i'm guessing UN or space for your victory? With those power ratings i'm not sure domination is possible but I don't play at deity so I could be wrong.

So much land and no coal, copper, uranium or oil. That really sucks to be honest. Lets hope you get lucky and pop a source. Great game so far.

Turns 280-290
Spoiler :

We get a -1 relations with Zara event, and he also came demanding laser. I can’t remember if I gave it to him or not.

Shortly after, I got a + from all leaders due to a daring pilot.

And then, the UN stopped the war against Hannibal.
Also, with very low odds we popped a ******ed great artist again. ARGGH, this gene pool really doesn’t work anymore.

Anyhow, we ended up planting down our LAST city of the game. I figure there is good room in this spot use, and it may just help in flipping Hannibal's city over to me.

The bad news, is it is costing us an ABSOLTUE FORTUNE to get oil. We are so screwed in resources here, it’s just ridiculous. I had to trade off lots of health, happy, and tones of gold to Cyrus just to get a single strategic resource. It’s crippling us bad, but we have no alternative. Missing out on that oil spot to Zara earlier is just crippling us here. Some pretty bad resource generation went on this game but there is nothing I can do unless we want to world-edit-cheat it now.

Turns 290-300
Spoiler :

Our opponent Cyrus ended up completing the Space Elevator before us. Well, I could have possibly prevented that if I decided to beeline toward it earlier, but at the time I was thinking on just going all-out domination instead of the race. Well, it’s gone now, but at least we got 815 gold from the hammers put into it. The sad part is this pays for only about 1 turn of oil for us. That’s how bad we’re getting ripped off.
Another big problem was we got screwed in a bad capital placement. Not that much production, AND it was in a location that made it impossible to build the SE, so we had to build that elsewhere.... without any capital civics.
In other news, we completed both the Apollo Station, and the WallStreet.

Anyhow, at the end of this turnset, Hannibal DoWs on Monte.

Turns 300-310
Spoiler :

We pop a Great Spy, and will save him for a final golden age to couple with other GPs.
Cyrus is on his last turn researching fusion. Looks like things are going to get very interesting here. Anyhow, we are paying top dollar for that oil from him, which will be our nice ace-in-the-hole in case anything goes wrong.

And actually, it looks like things COULD go wrong, Hannibal sure is completing parts fast now.

Turns 310-320
Spoiler :

Hmm, Cyrus now has researched the last tech needed for his last part. I guess it is finally that time now where we start to give him a few little..... set-backs.

Idiot AI’s are just too stupid to know how to handle counter-espionage.
Ohh, and look, some team declears war on Monte.

Anyhow, we ended up burning 3 great people this turnset in order to speed up our own ship parts so we can get ready to fly the hell out of here...

Turns 320-330
Spoiler :

On turn #324 we shoot off with only 12 turns to victory...
But we are in a problem here. Hannibal launched just ahead of us in the que, so he will technicaly win. This is partly my fault, I really didn’t optimize my builds that well, for example I could have launched one turn at least quicker. The problem is, I was sort of hoping on letting Hannibal catch-up and bypass me, so that I could add a little drama here. Otherwise, I will end up sitting on my hands for a lot of turns while just waiting for my ship to arrive and doing nothing else.

But now... the tension is on! I have to at least attack someone now, and capture a capital just to have a hope of winning this one. See how much more fun it is now when you mis-manage on purpose?

Turns 330-336
Spoiler :

Well, on turn #332 we were 4 Turns to victory, *caugh *caugh...
And we start of with a BANG!

No nukes needed, simply a naval bombard followed up by raider tanks, and then CG mechs to hold. Yeah, yeah, I simply could raze the city, but there is no need. I want to just HOLD the city till the end.

And that I did, killing a lot of Hannibals other units on the counter-attack.
And funny thing, Cyrus DoWs o Monte, which is too late to do anything.

And of course, Khmer ends up attacking me.

Turn 336
Spoiler :

Khamer’s attacks no good, he had to take my capital and didn’t even come close...

So conquering a city capital AFTER an AIs launch will destroy the ship and make them reset it? If you conquer the city Before the AI launches does it destroy the ship parts? I had a game last night w/ Toku and the last important AI was Pericles. He had 5 or 6 parts built and I conquered his captial just to stop his cultural victory not really for his ship. The victory screen still said he had the parts built even though I razed his capital. Was this a bug or is that just how it works. I typically don't declare war to stop teh ship, but rather use spies to sabotage parts because it is easier.

EDIT: grats on win.

Well played Obsolete, whos next? I like Louis for this kind of game too. Are you planning to do any non-IND leaders? How about a PHI, like Freddy ?

So conquering a city capital AFTER an AIs launch will destroy the ship and make them reset it? If you conquer the city Before the AI launches does it destroy the ship parts?

No, I found this weird paradox out in that old Deity-of-Random thread. You can only destroy the ship by taking the capital AFTER it launches. If you do it before, they get to keep all their parts. I don't think they even have to re-build the Apollo station either, despite many on the forum have claimed this is the case.

Well played Obsolete, whos next? I like Louis for this kind of game too. Are you planning to do any non-IND leaders?

Hmm, maybe I can try some of the french leaders. I guess I'll try something else instead of the lighthouse, maybe I'll try and fool around with that silly AP thing. I still don't really understand how it works, it seems to always bug up on me when I try. Anyhow, I'm just sticking with industrious here, since it's getting the lowest rankings on the forum here.

Anyway, I forgot to add, this game bugged up on me. For example, Cyrus completed his Space Ship, but DIDN'T BOTHER LAUNCHING! I ran across this bug way back from one of the WarLords walkthroughs. Looks like it hasn't been fixed. Seems if 1 or 2 people launch, other AI's just don't bother doing so despite completing all requirements. I don't get it. Sometimes they launch, other times nothing happens...

Hannibal doesn't declare war at pleased :). Obsolete was friendly with Cyrus and Zara so only remaining threat was from Sury. I just now noticed this. That is incredible diplomacy.

Top Bottom