RandNES 1: Dawn of a World

Oh, sorry. I'll do yours right now. I'll have the party updated within 10 minutes.

Edit: Wait...i don't even see orders for you. Did you still want to (re)post them and I'll update the post? I could've sworn i saw your orders...

Hmmmm. My academy completed gives me no EP?!?!?! It took me 3 ordersets and around 24 EP to complete!

You didn't say anything when i showed you the update in a private message earlier :p but you're right, so fixed it.

Solid first update guys :), I'm just wondering though, how are we going to keep track of stats? since we can't really keep them on the first page or anything.

I asked random to update the first post, which i guess is the best we can do for now. We'll have to figure something out

Oh, sorry. I'll do yours right now. I'll have the party updated within 10 minutes.

Edit: Wait...i don't even see orders for you. Did you still want to (re)post them and I'll update the post? I could've sworn i saw your orders...

Oh... Maybe I forgot them because of the mini-updates. You can go ahead and store the EP and I'll spend it this coming turn.

Yeah, i guess that's just as much my fault because i didn't realize, otherwise i would've messaged you. Sorry!

Yeah, i guess that's just as much my fault because i didn't realize, otherwise i would've messaged you. Sorry!

I'd advise asking BSmith to do something about it.

I don't know who that is. Sorry if I'm missing a pop culture reference or something.

He's the moderator. I'll ask him myself.

I swear I haven't started drinking yet, but...i don't get how that would help me not realizing that he didn't post something.
Or did you quote the wrong thing and you're talking about updating the first post when you're gone for a month? Because I guess that could work.

I swear I haven't started drinking yet, but...i don't get how that would help me not realizing that he didn't post something.
Or did you quote the wrong thing and you're talking about updating the first post when you're gone for a month? Because I guess that could work.

I think I misunderstood what you were asking. Yeah, I was asking the moderator if he could somehow let you edit the original post so my absence during the next month won't be an issue.

I think I misunderstood what you were asking. Yeah, I was asking the moderator if he could somehow let you edit the original post so my absence during the next month won't be an issue.

So I've talked to the moderator, and this was what he said:

The only way would be for me to copy a post of theirs and put it in the thread at the beginning. Then they can edit their own post. Can only do that with one of them of course, so let me know which one is the "lead". I can probably make the edits on Monday as I am not at my computer until then.

So you should probably work out who gets the beginning post, make it, and ask BSmith1068 (the moderator) to move it to the front.

Yep, I will do the 1st post

I have to copy a post that you made at the same time that the first post would have been made in this thread, then move it to this thread and then edit it so you can put the new info in.

Unfortunately it seems that the find posts by user function only returns the last 300 posts, which for you takes you to late January. Can you find me a post by you that is earlier (but in the vicinity) of the first post in the thread? I'll copy and move that post for you.

What do you mean? I find a post in this thread around late January?

No, find any post by you made on or before the date/time the first post in this thread was made. I can then copy that post and move the copy here, so it fits in with the proper date/time and will be the new first post of this thread. We can then edit the entirety of that post and make it the new OP.

RandNES I: Dawn of A World​
Current Era: Early Bronze Age
Current Year: Unknown
Current Update: 6

Pre-Game:
Update 0
Stone Age:
Update 1
Update 2
Update 3
Update 4
Update 5
Early Bronze Age Transition:
Update 5.3333...
Bronze Age:
Update 6

Hello! I am not mrrandomplayer. I'm Pole475 and Awesome and I now run this NES, RandNES I. As for all people who have already read the OP, Please read through the eras because they have changed.
I wish the best of luck to mrrandomplayer on his other NES and I hope that this NES will still be as active as before.

What's the premise of this NES?

Good question, hypothetical person who asked me! This NES is loosely based on the Civ 4 mod Rhye's and Fall of Civilization (more precisely RFC RAND or Dawn of Civilization), which simulates history through the dynamic rise and fall of civs from 3000 BC to the present day. However, this NES will use a random map.

How is this "history simulator" engine going to work?

It will be done by era. At the beginning of the game, we will be in the Stone Age with only 3-6 civilizations and VERY basic stats. However, later on, the era will advance to the Bronze Age, with more advanced technology, stats, and decision trees. Here are the foreseeable eras for the game, the amount of updates, and the recommended player size. ALL OF THESE ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Stone Age: 5 updates, 3-6 players, very basic (a few EP a turn, few decision paths, little military technology )
Bronze Age: 7 updates, 6-12 players, slightly more advanced stats (basic trade routes/economies, more decisions, more military technology, naval technology, etc)
Iron Age: 7 updates, 12-16 players, somewhat advanced stats (more trade, many more decisions, serious warfare potential)
Early Middle Age: 7 updates, 14-18 players, Kingdoms now start to emerge with internal threats as well as external.
High Middle Age (Rennaisance): 10 updates, 16-20 players, when kingdoms start to become more cultured and legacies emerge.
Late Middle Age: 5 updates, 16-20 players, the period between the culture of the renaissance and the promised riches of the new world.
Colonial Age: 10 updates, 20-24 players, Colonization begins and empires emerge conquering the new world.
Industrial Age: 12 updates, 20-24 players, Nations now have the decision to make about the upkeep of heir colonies and if the want to let the colonies go and be independent.
Modern Age: 15 updates, 23-26 players, conflicts become more global and modern, as world wars will start to break out.

Do I have to start in the Stone Age?

No, of course not. You can start any time you want to. There are certain advantages and disadvantages to different starting times, though.

Like what?

If you start earlier, you will have more of a choice of land and you will have more influence on history overall. However, you are more at risk of falling behind technologically, instability, and newer civilizations taking bites out of your territory, especially if you are more imperialistic. If you start later, you will start with more technology, military, and territory, but will have fewer choices for land and be subject to modeling your application on previous history.

What if I want to ditch my old/weak/unstable/boring civilization and make a new one?

Go ahead. Your old civilization will become an NPC and you can roll up a new application for the era. No powergaming and exploiting that, however.

Current Player Template for Bronze Age Civs (new players use this):
-Name/Player: Pretty obvious
-Starting Location and Color (show on map): Pretty obvious as well, except you won't be able to claim much territory.
-Government: Despotism (you will have more options later)
-Unique Power: You are allowed to make up one unique power for your civ. It does not have to be statistical and probably shouldn't be, but I will always take it into account where it matters. I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO VETO ANY OVERPOWERED UPs and require you to think of a new one.
-Cities: Name your capital and other city and put them on the map in the format here:
-Name:
-Size: 1 (no extra EPs)
-EP produced per turn: 10 (5 + 5 from Palace)
-Maintenance: 0
-Unique Features: Palace (+5 EP per turn)
-Name:
-Size: 1 (no extra EPs)
-EP produced per turn: 4 (5 - 1 for maintenance)
-Maintenance: 1
-Unique Features: None
-EP per turn: 14
-Stored EP: 0
-EP Spending: This is where you'll list your EP spending. You don't need to put anything here right now.
-Army Size: Split 7 between army and navy. Army can't be less than 2.
-Navy Size: See above. N/A if you're landlocked.
-Description: Describe your civilization. It doesn't need to be more than a few brief sentences.

Player Stat Template for Stone Age Civs (not needed anymore):
Spoiler :
-Name/Player: Pretty obvious
-Starting Location and Color (show on map): Pretty obvious as well, except you won't be able to claim much territory at first.
-Government: Despotism (you will have more options later)
-Unique Power: You are allowed to make up one unique power for your civ. It does not have to be statistical and probably shouldn't be, but I will always take it into account where it matters. I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO VETO ANY OVERPOWERED UPs and require you to think of a new one.
-Cities: Name your capital and put it on the map in the format here:
-Name:
-Size: 1
-EP produced per turn: 10 (for the capital)
-Maintenance: 0
-Unique Features: Palace (+5 EP per turn)
You will also list other cities here in a similar format, but you don't have any.
-EP per turn: 10
-Stored EP: 0
-EP Spending: This is where you'll list your EP spending. You don't need to put anything here right now.
-Army Size: 5
-Description: Describe your civilization. It doesn't need to be more than a few brief sentences.

Will there be more statistics/features?

Yes, some of them are hidden statistics known only by me (stability and espionage are the two I can think of off the top of my head) and others will be added as the game progresses.

Will orders be public or PM?

All orders except for espionage orders will be public, but as the game progresses, orders will start to be made private.

The rivers are in the climate map. Settling near a river will help you out a lot in the early game. One last thing: Before you chew me out on my horrible and unrealistic mapmaking skills, while this is a world-simulator, this is not "Strictly-Realistic/Perfect-MapNES". While some of the errors are due to my clumsiness with Paint, I am not an expert on realistic worlds in terms of climate and elevation. Please just ignore my errors and enjoy the NES for what it is!

Also, please no metagaming with full knowledge of the map. It is neither balanced nor fun.

So just roll up an application, put your nation on the map (for newer players: use the Update 5 Map for your map!!!) (not very much territory, on the political map please! Also, not on the New World), and I will begin in a bit!
Political map:
Spoiler :

Religious map (blank right now):
Spoiler :

Elevation map:
Spoiler :

Climate map (with rivers):
Spoiler :

If anyone wants to join, new players are welcome to fill out an application or ask to join as an existing NPC state.

Top Bottom