[Vanilla] Random crashes and freezes on ending turn

sultanofdudes

Chieftain
Hi

I am playing unmodded CIV 6 on patch 1.0.12.9. I am experiencing random crashes and freezes on turn ends. The crashes happen at random intervals, not constantly, but every 30 turns or so. I have tried to replicate my exact moves before ending a turn when the game crashes to see if something I did could replicate the problem but it did not work.

I have read of similar problems on reddit but the solution that was provided there was to map quicksave hotkey to "return"/"enter" and so quicksave every turn by ending the turn with "return" while also disabling the autosave. This did not solve the problem for me, hence I came here.

My specs are: intel core i7 CPU and NVIDIA geforce rtx 2060 GPU. I dont think this is a hardware issue but what do I know.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks

My general advice is to first verify the integrity of your game files through Steam.

If that doesn't work, next try deleting the Mods.sqlite file @ "...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods.sqlite" and the three debug files in "...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Cache".

If that still doesn't work, try uninstalling the game making sure to delete any leftover files/folders in "...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI" and "...\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI", and then do a fresh install.

And, finally if none of that works you can submit a support ticket to 2K/FXS here. They'll likely ask you to submit information like the diagdx, GraphicsOptions, and logs that can be found by following the instructions here.

My general advice is to first verify the integrity of your game files through Steam.

If that doesn't work, next try deleting the Mods.sqlite file @ "...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods.sqlite" and the three debug files in "...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Cache".

If that still doesn't work, try uninstalling the game making sure to delete any leftover files/folders in "...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI" and "...\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI", and then do a fresh install.

And, finally if none of that works you can submit a support ticket to 2K/FXS here. They'll likely ask you to submit information like the diagdx, GraphicsOptions, and logs that can be found by following the instructions here.
Thank you, I'll try that.

Top Bottom