Random Rants LXXIII: "You've had this place redecorated, haven't you? I don't like it."

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm going to be suing the previous owner of the house I bought for an undisclosed problem that is going to be about a $10,000 to $15,000 repair. Fun times. At least I've been told by my lawyer that we have a pretty strong case and the judges tend to be very buyer-friendly in cases like this.

So I'm going to be suing the previous owner of the house I bought for an undisclosed problem that is going to be about a $10,000 to $15,000 repair. Fun times. At least I've been told by my lawyer that we have a pretty strong case and the judges tend to be very buyer-friendly in cases like this.

You have evidence that the previous owner was aware of the problem?

@Commodore: You sure about your case? IIRC, in Minnesota the law is pretty unforgiving about post-purchase discoveries. Unless you have clear evidence the previous owner knew of the problem and intentionally tried to hide it without attempting a repair, the law basically says caveat emptor. Some purchase contracts require the seller to repair certain faults if discovered within a certain length of time, but that would be contract dependent.

Also, what about your lawyer's fees, expenses, costs, and so on?

You sure about your case?

My lawyer seems pretty sure about it. We contacted our real estate agent about it and she put us in touch with a lawyer who specializes in real estate cases, so if he says we have a good shot, then I'm going to trust his judgement.

I mean, if you are going to be paying the lawyers fee, they wouldn't exactly be saying "No, go away, terrible idea, don't pay me money."

I mean, if you are going to be paying the lawyers fee, they wouldn't exactly be saying "No, go away, terrible idea, don't pay me money."
But ‘no, go away, terrible idea, pay me money’ wouldn't be off the table. Just make doubly sure that you don't get strung along, Commodore.

Y'all left errrka hanging and now she's already a post up

I was at a bar the other night celebrating with coworkers. It was very loud and I was trying to have a private conversation with one person in particular. I thought I was being quiet enough that only he could hear me but at the end of the embarrassing story another coworker at the other end of the table shouted 'And then you did ____ ?! '

Everyone heard the story I didn't mean to share with everyone. facepalm

I was at a bar the other night celebrating with coworkers. It was very loud and I was trying to have a private conversation with one person in particular. I thought I was being quiet enough that only he could hear me but at the end of the embarrassing story another coworker at the other end of the table shouted 'And then you did ____ ?! '

Everyone heard the story I didn't mean to share with everyone. facepalm
That happens to pretty much everyone, at some point.

You should invent the Cone of Silence. :p

I'm back at work today, I completely squandered my whole staycation last week.

I spent half an hour trying to figure out why the furnace wasn't coming on before noticing that the big red switch on the side was in the off position.

Heh. Sounds like me.

I'm back at work today, I completely squandered my whole staycation last week.

:shifty:

Frighteningly enough, this is something my gf could be saying right this very minute.

Fortunately, there are other things you've said that are inconsistent with her, so I know you are you.

Yes, such as MaryKB saying she's about to get married, which I *think* you'd know if you were her boyfriend.

Edit: ooh new thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom