RAR mod: Questions and Feedback

KommissarReb

Chieftain
I have a few questions about the Religion and Revolutions mod after playing it for a while.

Foreign Intervention: Why is it that when your king sends you support or foreign kinds send you support, that they give you units instead of sending their Royal Expeditionary Force to help you fight? Is it because the AI wouldn't load their units back on the Man-o-Wars and go back to Europe when they're done or something?

"You're becoming a drain on my military.": I did my best to appease the king and pay all taxes, requests for money, and other demands to make him Firendly. Now, I've noticed the "-1 You're becoming a drain on my military." modifier to his mood went from -1 to -10 when I started rapidly building up my military and Liberty Bell production prior to declaring independence which made him go from Friendly to Pleased. Which thing caused that? I never requested troops from him beyond requesting for military support as an option to him demanding that I declare war on the Spanish colonies (twice).

European Wars: I know this is more of a nitpick than anything, but I personally think that the Kings should be at war with each other when they have their colonies go to war with each other. Especially if they have units in the New World.

Europe Screen background graphic: This is a cosmetic nitpick mostly, but I don't like how its always morning with seagulls in the Europe screen even in October. The only times it's snowy at night is in January of a select few years. How does that modifier work?

Monarch Animations: A lot of the non-stock monarchs (i.e Czar of Russia, King of Portugal, King of Sweden) use animations from Civ IV leaders and not the stock European Kings from Civ 4 Colonization. The reason this is an issue mainly has to do with the animations regarding their rings. The animations just get stuck (from what I remember) and for the Czar of Russia, King of Sweden, and King of Denmark you could just give them the King of Spain's animations. King of Portugal could have King of France's animations, since his animations are similar to those of Samuel de Champlain.

Last edited:
Thanks for your feedback. But why do you post that here? We have our own subforum for RaR!

Which version do you use? It seems that you you an older version. The issue with the monarch animations has been solved long time ago...we have amended the animations - they work as monarch animations very well now

Thanks for your feedback. But why do you post that here? We have our own subforum for RaR!

Which version do you use? It seems that you you an older version. The issue with the monarch animations has been solved long time ago...we have amended the animations - they work as monarch animations very well now
I use 1.0.0.1. I'll make sure to get the new version, but maybe after I'm done playing this one 3-way hotseat game I'm in. The other two I'm playing with wouldn't really be thrilled to hear that we'd have to start a new game all over again because I updated the game. Were the other things I mentioned also addressed/fixed in the 2.5 version?

The other things you mentioned are no bugs. Why do people always think that vanilla features of the game are bugs? :hammer::mischief::D

Foreign Intervention: This is a feature of the mod. The REF will only appear when you declare independence...this is the mechanism of the game.

"You're becoming a drain on my military.": The king get's nervous when his colony starts to build up an own army. Again, this is the mechanism of the game. If the player assembles his army the king fears that independence will be declared and therefore a) increases his own troops and b) the relationship will spiral downward.

European Wars: This vanilla feature would need to be modified. This is currently not the case.

Europe Screen background graphic: It is at it is.

Top Bottom