RB1 - Cuban Isolationists

Hi All, I just recently installed Civ 4, and in looking for some helpful tutorials I ran across this thread linked from... somewhere! Was from a good intro to the game, walking through a start with lots of helpful screenshots and explanations and really helped me figure out the complicated beast Civ 4.

Anyway, I have spent about the last week off and on, at work mostly, reading this thread. I swear reading this thread is almost as addicting as actually playing... maybe because I felt I was kind of playing along, and hitting that 'One more turn' button, or in this case, the next page button :)

So thank you Sulla and Sirian for a wonderfully entertaining game and writeup, sorry for the thread necro, but I learned a -LOT-. Like not instantly promoting my units after battles (saving them instead for on-the-fly healing :) ) and the glory that is the Hydra!

(also, was pleasantly surprised to see I was registered previously... Can I have the award for 'oldest registration without a first post'? :p)

Thanks :) I'm still confused as to what Realms Beyond is (yes i managed to figure out that's what RB meant) but not sure if it's a mod or a set of rules or what. It's all super confusing still! :)

Well nifty! I guess I am a kinda-'member'? I played D2 single player (offline by myself) because I didn't want to deal with cheaters and hacks and stuff. I also tend to keep myself honest when playing too but hey my game my own rules right? :p
Nifty nifty.

I oringally posted this on Jan 13, 2006, 06:34 PM, but it still fits. See the original post for the full writeup.

Welcome back my friends to the thread that never ends.
We’re so glad you could attend
Come inside! Come inside!

Hm but looks like Epics and Adventures are played on a much higher difficulty than I am comfortable with (yes, i get my butt handed to me even on Noble :( though I still trying! Once I start doing well enough on Noble I'll move up a difficulty).

So I'll stay out for now but thanks :)

Don't worry :) Before his and other SGs (that I only read because of this) I used to find Warlord (I think, whatever the second difficulty level is) a challenge. This helped me understand new features (and features from Civ III), so I quit trying to play "civ II with updated graphics", and started playing "Civ IV".

Quite probably the greatest thread on CFC, for Civ IV at the least. There is no fifty odd page thread (when I read it) I would read through.

Probably they could had fulfilled their variant if this wasn't vanilla..... AI in BtS is far more prone to let cities go than it was in vanilla ( not that you can buy them , like in Civ III , though :( )

This would have been even better if the Combat V guy was named Mario and the Commando guy was named Samus (can't really think of anybody for Link).

This game was an A+ for me. It's weird that I'm the only person around here that seemed to like it.

I wish I could take part in a SG like this, but everything seems to be BTS these days. My mac and I are stuck on warlords.

Top Bottom