PH S21E02: There is a Title

I'm up for another game. As someone who appreciate the roleplaying side of OW, having some sort of player-enforced variant sounds fun. A few random ideas, most of them bad:

1) Pacifist run - cities aren't allowed to build anything under the military category
2) Warmonger run - no founding, only conquering! Not allowed to use settlers
3) Celibacy - no marriage allowed! We have to rely on "adopt an heir" events to continue our legacy
4) Barbarian run - no workers allowed! All tiles must remained unimproved

5) Holy wars. We disable all win conditions, and can only claim victory once our chosen religion has spread to every single city on the map.

Reactions: PiR
I mean, we can technically combine all of them together. Trying to conquer cities with nothing but militia sounds pretty tough though :lol:

:lol:

i came here wondering who's turn it was... :hammer2:

I'm up for another game. As someone who appreciate the roleplaying side of OW, having some sort of player-enforced variant sounds fun. A few random ideas, most of them bad:

1) Pacifist run - cities aren't allowed to build anything under the military category
2) Warmonger run - no founding, only conquering! Not allowed to use settlers
3) Celibacy - no marriage allowed! We have to rely on "adopt an heir" events to continue our legacy
4) Barbarian run - no workers allowed! All tiles must remained unimproved

5) Holy wars. We disable all win conditions, and can only claim victory once our chosen religion has spread to every single city on the map.

I like that one.

It can even be combined with number 2 :D

so, i also had another idea for a win w only 3 cities that have to legendary before we win, so it looks like we've got a really good set of ideas, but i think PiR's got the right idea: a great game is combining them...

i feel like there could actually be three games:
1) Pacifist run: no military, only 3 cities, must be legendary before we win;
2)warmonger/holy war: found a holy city; go to war (seems tough, i like it :D )
3)celibacy/'barb' run: we're just so apathetic, we don't want to get married, don't want to improve things

edit: further thoughts?

So we deactivate all winning conditions on the game and agree on our own?
I like the holy war, but as we cannot raze cities (unless this is OCC?), we have to convert them when conquered!

So we deactivate all winning conditions on the game and agree on our own?
I like the holy war, but as we cannot raze cities (unless this is OCC?), we have to convert them when conquered!
I usually leave on the victory conditions, and try to win one of them despite the variant restrictions on ourselves. speaking of which, re: Holy War, i was thinking:
ruleset said:
* no building settlers
* we must found a religion, ie, be a civ w a cleric family and have that family settle our capital
* we can only conquer cities that follow our religion BEFORE we conquer them (we're liberating them!)
in this, i think a DV is most likely to happen, but i think it may be fairly tough :D

Top Bottom