RB2 - Clueless Catherine Conquers Crowded Continents

Lurker's comment :

Did you two install the free DLC (Mongols)? Because I did - this issue looks a lot like the Collectors/Regular edition conflict, and that was due to an "extra" civilization present.

The 1150_AD + zip savegames cause a black screen and a CTD when loading.
And Mongolia is present.

Okay, so MuLepton has an older Steam version than I do. Some threads indicate that this might be what causes the problems, but then I don't know how to fix that - I cannot revert back to an older version of Steam, and if MuLepton updates to the current version, in all likelihood we won't be able to load the save as well.

It could also be the Mongolia DLC. I don't have it installed (at least as far as I know - who knows what that Steam thing is doing behind my back). I'll install it and see if that will enable me to load the saves again.

It could also be the Mongolia DLC. I don't have it installed (at least as far as I know - who knows what that Steam thing is doing behind my back). I'll install it and see if that will enable me to load the saves again.

lurker's comment: As far as I know, the Mongolian DLC is automatically installed like a regular update. It's at least what happened in my installation. Might be some settings for that.

Well, just let me know if you want me to play the 1150-AD save since it loads for me. It is bad enough that the game play is broken, but when the simple logistics of the game break down, it is time to bargain bin the game.

I'll compare Steam versions and DLC later on tonight, but without a guarantee that will actually solve the problem, you may have to cut in for this one Gold Ergo Sum.

All these hoops sure make the game more interesting, eh? :rolleyes:

It turns out I do have the Mongolia DLC installed, go figure. Sure would have been nice for the game to notify me of this (or even ask me before installing). :rolleyes: I absolutely hate it if programs change things without my consent, if it's not security-related. :mad:

That means I still cannot load the game. Gold Ergo Sum, please go ahead and play the 1150AD save and we'll see what happens with the save next... :wallbash:

Regarding the actual game :crazyeye:, it looks like your main focus will be to get us out of the happiness hole, and maybe you could try to get a boat into the water too, to see what the other continent is doing.

I'm in the same boat at Kylearan. Steam version is the same, and the Mongol DLC was auto-installed. Anyway, let's hope this won't be an issue for future turnsets.

I took screenshots, but none of them seem to have saved. Oh well.

We're at -10 happiness. The goal is to get us into positive happiness.

T175: Raize Hamburg and Antium. Happiness at -2 now.

T176: Change some tiles to speed up Forbidden Palace. Antium grows while being raized. I guess Civ V citizens are so stupid they flock to cities being burned to the ground. :crazyeye: Trade route connected for New York. Munich is captured and raized. GScientist born in Moscow, and I put him to sleep. I continue the process of ripping up every farm in our puppet cities to replace them with TPs so they don't grow.

T177: Tried to let AI kill one of our spearmen. It fails. I rush buy a coliseum in Yaroslavl'. Now at +2 happiness. Capture Akwesasine and raize it. We are now down on the peninsula into Iroquois lands.

T178: Tyr gifts us a knight. :rolleyes: Capture and raize Cologne. All original German cities captured.

T179: Embarking our army to see if I can find stuff across the sea to attack.

T180: Got a social policy. Took Meritocracy. Happiness to +13. Gunpowder in and onto Chemistry for cannons. Finished a bank in Edirne onto a university. Osininka capture and raized. Biz is still alive. I have no clue where his last city is at.

T181: We should plant a city down in old Hiawatha lands for dyes. We get WLTKD in about 8 places when we temporarily hook up the dyes while raizing. Found Hiawatha's size 12 capital.

T182: Dublin gifts us a Treb. So many units. Half of our units are in the middle of the ocean fogbusting and searching for land. Forbidden Palace finishes in St. Pete. Coliseum finishes in Moscow.

We are now at +37 happiness. We are #1 in every important demographic except population (someone off in the fog). We will have cannons soon and a GScientist to grab Artillery down the road. We also have about 1000 gold and make around 150/gpt. We can rush buy whatever we want. This game is over, and I am all spent for now. Someone else can bash on Hiawatha.

Attachments

• RB2 1220 AD.Civ5Save
    1.3 MB · Views: 272
:wow:
47 happiness in 10 turns, awesome :)

I completely forgot that you don't get unhappiness while razing cities anymore when I played :smoke:.

Guess the only "exciting" thing that's left is finding out who else is out there...

Nice turnset Gold Ergo Sum!

Unfortunately Civ still crashes when I try to load the turnset. :mad: Maybe Kylearan has more luck than me, but this is getting rather ridiculous.

Thanks Gold for playing the turns - I know you've stopped playing Civ 5 completely, so kudos to you for trying to bring this SG to completion nonetheless! :goodjob:

That the save still crashes for SleepingMoogle doesn't sound well though. I'll try to load it myself tomorrow and see if I can play. If not...well, I guess that's game over then. Which would be sad - even though this game is won, I would have liked at least to see how the other crowded continent has fared, and also might have had fun establishing a foothold there.

It's not much of a succession game if half of the team can't even access the save anymore, is it? :(

Maybe Kylearan and me can fill some kind of advisory role from here on, but mostly depends on whether or not Mu and Gold are up for continuing the turnsets. I can't think of any other options to keep this going for now.

I suppose that in a way it's appropriate that the game may end much like Civ 5 turned out to be. Perhaps Firaxis will fix this bug sometime and at that point I'll probably pick up the game just to finish it. But until then, I think I'm done with Civ 5.

Thanks a lot to everyone for playing, lurking and giving advice. Hopefully we'll all see each other again sometime soon! :)

Well, I think Gold pretty clearly said that he doesn't want to play anymore - his posts at RB reflect that as well. Unless a few lurkers want to take over, this isn't be much of a succession game anymore.
It's a shame, since it was fun! Hopefully Firaxis gets their act together - at least the latest announcements re: patch sound like they're listening to feedback and working on improving things.

Anyway, I'd like to thank my fellow players for allowing me to jump in! Hope to see you all around! :)

I would've played out the string on this SG if we had a full crew, but I don't see the point in just trading it back and forth between two people. If the bug gets fixed, I can be reached by PM and will finish the game out. I stick with commitments that I make. But as Kylearan said, Civ V has defeated me.

I would've played out the string on this SG if we had a full crew, but I don't see the point in just trading it back and forth between two people.

Sciz and I ping-pong RB1, but the monotony is broken by sunrise089 occasionally pretending to claim his turn. In UF1, a different pattern has emerged. Methos posts every 3-4 days he can't get it for another 3-4 days. Its been...18 days now and yet no one has been willing to step in and play. Gee, I wonder why :rolleyes:?

Darrell

Good to see that the Civ5 enthusiasm is contagious! I'm glad everyone is enjoying the Civ5 experience! :lol:
For me, there was little doubt about it once I stepped in...
But discovering your site and the successions games around here hass just made my days longer (and my nights shorter).

It seems the DLC save bug is a serious one though :(.

Top Bottom