RBC-14G The Barbaric Incans (Age of Discovery - Emperor)

Got it. Tiwanaku will shoot for a settler next turn. The problem with that city is that it sucks for a settler factory. :( I think I will settle the hill S of the lake first, then we need to move on the cows and the grapes.

Unfortunatley, its hit or miss on the tech jump...but we seem to be doing OK for now. Truthfully, we are only in competition with the Mayans and the Aztecs. The Incans can't possibly win, and the AI doesn't know how to bring back the 'treasures' effectively. If I can spare a few workers, we can clear out the jungle tile in Cuzuo and get us up to size 6...heh, we'll see.

I will play my turns in the AM after work. Much too tired right now. :sleep:

I would set Tiwanaku to military production after this settler. ( With the occasional worker thrown in. )

Get the settler to the cows, so we can get a high food city going. Corruption will hopefully not be awful, since we only have three cities.
( Or is there some resource I cannot see on the hill. I do agree on the hill as a settler spot, I just think we should get the cows first. )

Otherwise, good progress. Cusco will be locked in to culture production for a long time now. We have both library and Colloseum now, Cathedral hopefully soonish.

I was thinking of the lake site because it is close, really. Ok, settler goes to cowtown. Getting ready to play now.

Pre-flight check

Downgrade to 1.15b - check :cry:

Heh, the tatoo research is going to bankrupt us in a few turns, will watch that.

Maps are only worth a few gold to everyone, I can wait.

Storytelling is off the table for now, and I COULD trade out blood cult for 3 gold, but NO.

(1)1516 - nothing of intrest, except a lone English maceman wandering aroun Canada. Moving a scout to try and grab a few slaves from the barbarians.

(2)1517 - Tiwanaku granary>settler

(3)1518 - Pikeman attacks...no slave

(4)1519 - workers finish mine, moon in 25, move to clear jungle...
Make about 30 gold off of maps.

(5)1520 - slow down research a bit to avoid losing our treasury

(6)1521 - Jungle choping begun. Only 10 turns. N america is as explored as it can get. Bringing the scout home.

(7)1522 - :sleep:

(8)1523 - Tiw grows to size 3, good settler in 3, MM to avoid rioting
Hmm, 2 workers or storytelling? Both really tough choices. Sell blood cult to the 'tecs for 47g +wm. Take a chance on getting some gold from a barb camp and I GET A NEW WORKER! :D I send him on his way home.

I start some creative math. I can buy storytelling for WM + 11gpt + 1g from france, and a worker for WM + 113g from portugal (cheapest prices!) Starving Cuzco seems appealing, so I move a peasant from an unimproved hill to a gold mountain with a road. I take it. The jungle team will be done in 8 turns, so we can recover a bit of growth and slow down the temple a bit.
*caution - Cuzco will starve soon. Before it does that, move the peasant back to the hills, then over to the open grass to bring us up to size 6. I would like to time the Moon so we can get Monotheism & Theology at the same time, then switch to Monarchy.
The new portugese worker is strapped down to our sacrifical altar, and a high shaman tells me that his soul should get us 40 favors from our God. Hmm. Not now, I say, he has important work to do! The crowds boo as I instruct the worker to clear up the unsightly jungle.

(9)1524 - :sleep:

(10)1525 - slave reaches the jungle, it will be done in 5 now. Scout finds the very end of S America.

After action report: We are in good shape, despite the deal with the devil for storytelling and the new slave. You might need to switch to the Sun temple to delay the Moon (HA!) until Body Ornamentation is complete. The other civs have begun moving in on our territory, too bad we can't afford a military right now. Cuzco is still starving to keep us up in tech. I suggest roading the new grassland, then chop up the one SE of it to bring in irrigation when we get monarchy. The scout "Worker protector" is susposed to protect the workers from ambushes.

The save.

Oh, the reason for NOT building cities on the west coast. Deserts are impassable. Kinda kills our Agri trait...but whatever, at least they can't take away our 3 food hills.

Got it.

Play tomorrow.

Temple in 19 and tattoos in 17, looks liek quite some fine timing.
I wouldn't have gone for tattoos though, but it ought to be good trade bait.

Also, a note, we are saving our sacrifices for the very last turn, if there are no other way to get a technical win. I hope we wont have to sacrifice at all.

( Well, we could sacrifice in an outlying city for an instant cultural expansion.... Just do not sacrifice in our 4K city. )

Grimjack

Actually, we get it right on time after we build cowtown. Instead of milking the cow, work the gold mountain.

RBC14G

Takes a while to get oriented but I think I understand what is going on. Temple of the Moon for Montheism and Theology. Body Ornamentation for military. The settler becomes a gaucho and rides off to herd catle on the pampas.

Cuzco builds culture. Tiwaaku builds military. Cowtown makes babies.

Chasquis heading north and south, slaves chopping,

Tiwanaku equips settler and settler and scout head wast, then south to cowtown
Settler production takes our scientist so research on tattoing goes up and we lose 7gpt. Turn research down to 0 and shift Cuzco to Temple of the Sun due in 30.
Sell WM for chump change (20g) to get some money in the treasury

Aztecs boot our scout back into Texas

Maya start Temple of Sun and the Temple of Moon

Aztecs start Temple of Sun

Trekking
Turn science back up 19 turns at -10

"Our treasury is running dangerously low" moans Dottie the DA. "Shut up and spend" shouts Sapa

Trekking.
Find Arucan camp with 17 fortified pikemen in Argentina
Peddle world map around for another 10g

"Our treasury is running dangerously low" moans Dottie the DA. "Shut up and spend" shouts Sapa

Trekking
Chasqui in south heads for the Andes

The annoyed Aztecs want to extort our treasury and our territory map. Nope and he declres war!! He has a long way to come to get here

Science shut off again.
Our doughty Chasqui takes on a Jag warrior and gets eaten
Found Machu Piccu at the closest cow

Maya are moving close , found Bonampak in Venezuela

The Dutch start Luther's Theses

Sell world maps around and kick up science spending again

Portugese colonist and pike appear in Colombia
Hire a scientist at Tiwa and put the citizen at Cuzco back on the gold mountain

Tattooing due in 9 at -6gpt with 19 in the treasury

Waltzing with the Portugese at Cartegena
Spain builds Magellan

Dance some more

Now Francis plays extorionist. In your beret, Frank, and he declares.

For some reason I can't fathom the treasury takes a huge jump in income. Spend it all on Body Painting

Waltzing with Henry

Waltzing

Turn science back to zero

Henry founds Belem on the coast

Treasury at 20, science back to 60%. Body painting in 4 at +4. Temple of Moon due in 5.

Monte will talk, has Monotheism. when Body Painting comes in might want to try and trade it to Montezuma for Monotheism before ToM finishes. then we can pull Education as well as Theology from the ToM. To facilitate that possibility I have reset Cuzco to ToS and put science back to 100%.

What fun!! I've never micromanaged to starvation before, nor jacked the science slider around so hard, but it worked!

We are cooking right along here. Barracks a-building in Tiwa, granary in Machu Piccu. At war with Aztecs and France and haven't seen hide nor hair of either. Workers whacking jungle.

Shooting for the Moon

LOL! Take us to the Moon, Grimjack!

Good plan to get education, but Monty wants a city for peace right. :( We really need a military, but this scenario makes it so hard to build one...

You can move a peasant to the new grasslands and get Cuzco up to 6, hopefully we can speed up research a bit more. Looks like the Euros are making thier move on our territory...should be an interesting turn of plays. Oh, diamonds DON'T provide lux to us...heh. Luckily grapes still do. I say take the iron area first, then go for the grapes.

Sounds like the boring part of this game is over. Didn't last too long.

I am not worried about losing culturally, but I played the game through...and lost to the Spanish (who had very few cities) around turn 100. :(

Boring? My round was a gas..a little anxiety, a few chuckles..

Huh, what ??

Ooo, it is my turn, and we have two wars going, with our best troop a glorified warrior :)

Sounds like lots of fun, when our opponents have Medievals ...

I suspect I will do some groveling, as we cannot let our best city spend time building units.

So, the spreadsheet will have to appear as well, to check what culture we will have at around turn 100 from buildings.
I do not suspect we have any chance at building enough of a fleet to prevent the white devils from taking our tresures home.

Grabbed it, and will play late tonight. ( In another 12 hours. )

Just remember the bad guys are a long, long ways away and have other nations in between, plus jungle and a few barbarian camps.

RBD14G Incans. 1540

I change the tile Cusco is working, without losing any turns on the Moonshine. We even get a bit of food left over.
I do not like that the demands have started. They are usually followed by more demands. Unfortunately we cannot give our treasury while we are doing negative research, as we then would lose valuable real estate.
I will use another scientist to shave another turn of tattoos, hopefully managing to get clear of demands.

IBT: No demands

1541: I work the gold mines this turn in Cusco, letting me put a citizen back to driving cows, and also letting me go light on research spending.
Aztecs are still the only native tribe with knowledge of Monotheism. I can probably get peace and Monotheism for Tattoos though.

IBT: Good thing I tuned down research earlier. Portugal comes and wants our 18 gold. Request granted. Tattoos come in, and I set empty research on Mono.

1542 Lux goes to 10% and the last citizen gets back to work multiplying. We now have 1 gold, 18 gpt.
Hmm, Aztecs are greedy, and will not allow Monotheism for Tattoos. I suspect they are researching Tattoos by themselves.
Instead I sign peace with Aztecs for 17 gpt and Tattoos. I get Monotheism in the deal though.
Iroq cannot get Tattoos, or they got it this very turn. I sell them MOnotheism for world map and 80 gold. It is cheap, but I reccon they are due to extort something from us right about now.

I spend most of the gold building an embassy in the Mayan Capitol of Chichen Itza. 7 spt, buildign spearmen and jav throwers, with a garrison of eight. They are running 30% science, so I do not suppose they will get any new techs soonish.

IBT: Nothing.

1543 I move a scout into our empty city, allowing me to nix the lux tax, and hopefully get less demands. Moon in two.

1544 Moon is ours. I doublecheck our tech is Theology. I just notice during AI shuffling that France and England is at war, due to France having allied the Aztecs to their cause.
Medieval combat is out there, and hopefully we will get it from Theology.

IBT: The reason war is bad rears its ugly head, as France signs in the Mayans against us. This is one enemy that is NOT far away, and his 2/2 Jav throwers will have fun against our 1/1.
Temple of the Moon comes in. :band: I get Theology, and immediately revolt, and Education comes in.
Start building a bowman in Cusco. We need someone to deal with the Mayans. I may switch in case no mayans arrive.

1545 We drew a two turn anarchy. Made a mistake, as I discopver I cannot establish embassies during anarchy. Oops. I had hoped to sign in the Aztecs for some flak against the mayans.
I get Ball Games, Medieval Combat and 40 gold for Theology from Aztecs
Get ENgineering for Theology from Iros

1546 Our lone scout pillage a road for the Mayans.

IBT: And then it happens, and surprises me greatly. OUr pillaging Chasqui repulses a mayan archer, and we are in the Golden Age. A France Medieval comes into range of our cities, and we are catholic.

1547 France is willing to talk, and 90 + 12 gpt will get us out of their clutches. I will see if it gets cheaper after I whack their Medieval.

1548 I have three Chasqui in range of the Medieval, but in the end one is enough, as the craven troops fall over themselves to be our slaves.
Now peace is 105+11gpt. no troops are visible so I switch Cusco to Library.
Lux is expensive, as our cow town has no roads, and much lux tax is needed to keep all citizens working. I think it worth it because we will need the population for workers/settlers from this city asap.
French has foudned a city very close to us on a nearby iron.

1549 Mayans still do not want to talk. I want to sign peace with them first, as I suspect that would cheapen the peace with the French. Of course next player may chose to continue the war, but it is in my opinion very risky, considering how weak we are from the wonder building.

1550 We have enough money for a partial rush in cusco ( switch granary, rush that, and then switch back to Library.) That would save one turn on the library build, at the cost of us not being able to rush military should we need to.
I would like us to sign peace with teh Mayans, paying them Theology as concession should they want it. Our scouts are too expensive to be used in warfare until we have Trebs, so you may want to build a couple in the next city we found.
Cow town I would like to build a worker before we start cranking settlers, so we can get some roads down there.

Culture 1271+29/turn -> win in 94 turns.

I would use build order library,cathedral, colloseum, university. It may very well be better to use library,Aqueduct, cathedral,colloseum,university

Or if we get a lot of money from some smart brokering, then rushing university gives most culture per turn.

Grimjack

Top Bottom