Real Life Civ Victory?

PringleBringle

Chieftain
Lets imagine that our existence is actually a heated and extensive Civ 5 or 4 game (I say both 5 and 4 because I would also like to consider victories such as conquest).

So far, in your opinion, has anyone won yet and if so what type of victory? Or if no one has, in your opinion, who will?

Besides US Science Victory ;).

I'd honestly say the US is very close to a culture victory (for new culture system). We turned the Soviet Union to Freedom because of tourism influence and sent archeologists everywhere to ramp up that number as high as we can possibly get it (we sent archeologists in to Egypt's lands and dug up all their artifacts, at the very least). Honestly, North Korea and possibly a few other countries are denying the US open borders, having a differing ideology, and blocking some very important tourism bonuses that would otherwise have resulted in a US victory.

The science victory is building a massive spaceship that flies to another solar system. I don't think we're doing that for at least another several hundred years, if not more. Diplomatic victory is almost impossible right now. The US probably has the most delegates in the United Nations, but China and Russia still have way more than enough veto power to stop the world leader vote from being settled. Domination victory is also more or less impossible right now. World War II is probably the closest anyone has ever gotten to that (Germany), but the world seems to be learning that straight up conquest kind of sucks and isn't incredibly worth doing.

Except England is spamming the US with Great Musicians and denying the US the CV.

Redwings, you do realize hitler capitulated the whole of western europe to the USA. The USA got all that hitler had, they are way further towards domination than hitler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd honestly say the US is very close to a culture victory (for new culture system). We turned the Soviet Union to Freedom because of tourism influence and sent archeologists everywhere to ramp up that number as high as we can possibly get it (we sent archeologists in to Egypt's lands and dug up all their artifacts, at the very least). Honestly, North Korea and possibly a few other countries are denying the US open borders, having a differing ideology, and blocking some very important tourism bonuses that would otherwise have resulted in a US victory.
America being the Cultural Leader? Seriously? ^^ Not long ago your rightwingers were crying stuff like "We don't want free healthcare, we're not Europe!" - if anything, then Europe is slowly getting more and more influential on America, thehehehe. ^_^ ...however, there's no way "Europe" could ever win a cultural victory, America would just use its military supremacy to take over the world.

If usa really was able to influence Russia then what happened to the order? We all thought Russia was order since Russia built the Kremlin and you do need order to build the Kremlin unless the Russian did revolt to freedom. As for usa and the statue of Liberty, you could also say that America used to be freedom but then revolted to order or autocracy even after building the statue. ...

I thought England already won Civ IV's Domination Victory some time ago? :p
Nope, the British Empire "only" had about 23% of the world's land area and 20% of the world's population. The Qing Empire had about 36% of the world's population (source)
America being the Cultural Leader? Seriously? ^^ Not long ago your rightwingers were crying stuff like "We don't want free healthcare, we're not Europe!" - if anything, then Europe is slowly getting more and more influential on America, thehehehe. ^_^ ...however, there's no way "Europe" could ever win a cultural victory, America would just use its military supremacy to take over the world.
Most influential country in the world right now, but I guess anything's possible. Of course, a civ4 cultural victory is probably easier to win, so it's up for debate on who's closest to/already gotten that.

If usa really was able to influence Russia then what happened to the order? We all thought Russia was order since Russia built the Kremlin and you do need order to build the Kremlin unless the Russian did revolt to freedom. As for usa and the statue of Liberty, you could also say that America used to be freedom but then revolted to order or autocracy even after building the statue. ...

Do you honestly think that America is a communist single-party state or a dictatorship? Because that's what order & autocracy are. America is certainly free. And the US is close to a "cultural victory" because they influence literally everybody with the ideas of liberty & freedom. Of course not all states have America's "ideology" but the idea of freedom is there. I mean look at the Arab Spring, that's a "revolutionary wave" for sure.

Space Race:

The US finished the Apollo Program national wonder 45 turns ago but has not built a single space ship part.

A turn or two ago, China started construction of its own Apollo Program national wonder. It remains to be seen if China will follow this up by beginning construction of a space ship part.

It remains to be seen if it will be possible to launch a spaceship in time with two required techs for space ship parts still needing to be researched.

Domination victory: While no one has reached criteria for domination victory yet, several civs have suffered conquest loses.

Cultural victory has been turned off on this server.

Edit: It appears this server has a mod that functions similar to Civ II re-spawn, in that several civs that had earlier been completely wiped out later respawned.

Kim jong un is like "that" one civ with one city left who has no chance of victory but says stuff like "come to beg for mercy?" when you try to offer it an olive branch.

Kim jong un is like "that" one civ with one city left who has no chance of victory but says stuff like "come to beg for mercy?" when you try to offer it an olive branch.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I hate those guys! Recalcitrant to the end...kinda admirable in a pathetic kind of way...however, unlike that one civ with one city, North Korea does has one of the highest-rated armies in the world. Dwarfed by America and China of course, but pretty good--I forget the ranking.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I hate those guys! Recalcitrant to the end...kinda admirable in a pathetic kind of way...however, unlike that one civ with one city, North Korea does has one of the highest-rated armies in the world. Dwarfed by America and China of course, but pretty good--I forget the ranking.

Nah, warriors and archers mate.

Russia wanted to win a diplomatic victory, but its allied City State Kiev turned against it by allying with USA instead and in response Russia annexed the puppet city of Sevastopol. USA and its western allies then denounced Russia for warmongering, thus furthering Russia away from a Diplomatic victory.

Do you honestly think that America is a communist single-party state or a dictatorship? Because that's what order & autocracy are. America is certainly free. And the US is close to a "cultural victory" because they influence literally everybody with the ideas of liberty & freedom. Of course not all states have America's "ideology" but the idea of freedom is there. I mean look at the Arab Spring, that's a "revolutionary wave" for sure.

No and no they're not. .. there are no victories in real life civilization.

greece won a culture victory in 300 bc.

na, they didnt discover all the civs yet so i dont think thats possible.

isnt there a score victory? seems like that is what will determine victory. who is leading in score the way civ 5 calculates it i have no idea though.

Rome thought they won, Britain thought they`d won and now it looks like America think it`s won...

However, if history has shown us nothing else, it`s that no Empire lasts forever.

So I doubt anyone has won anything so far. ;)

Top Bottom