Real Life Civ Victory?

America - Leading civ right now. Highest score. Finished Apollo Program. Most Influential culturally. Strongest military.

Arabia - Was very dominant in the Medieval Era and Early Renaissance Era. Conquered Egypt, Morocco, Spain, Babylon and Assyria and some city states with Camel Archers. But, too much unhappiness from conquests and all civs and city states have been liberated. Was conquered by the Ottomans, but has been liberated by England. Currently has a very strong economy thanks to Double Oil and Double Luxuries from Bazaars and trading with lot of civs and city states. Has spread it's religion to many civs and city-states. Unfortunately they are not close to any victory type at the moment.

Assyria - Conquered Babylon and Egypt in the Classical Era thanks to Siege Towers. Was very strong back then, but then it was conquered by Persia. Switched various civs controlling it, but finally Liberated in the Atomic Era by France. Very small today, big unhappiness problems so a lot of rebels everywhere.

Austria - Was conquered by Germany early on. But, liberated somewhere in the Medieval Era. Was very small, but started developing very quickly, going tall and started allying to a lot of city states were Germany was. Conquered the city states of Budapest, Ragusa and Zagreb (I know there is no such city-state in game, but let's pretend it exists). Went to a lot of wars with France and Ottomans, some cities were switched between them, but ultimately became part of Austria. Took some cities from Poland. Was a very powerful nation, high score in Industrial and Modern eras. But lost some cities to Rome, and city state allies conquered by Germany. Declaration of friendship and defensive pact with Germany, took Sarajevo from Ottomans. Attacked the city state of Belgrade which was allied with Russia. Russia declared war on them, but Germany joined because of the Defensive pact. Was successful early in the war but ultimately lost, all city states were liberated, and Austria became a small civ. Was briefly annexed by Germany, but liberated quickly. Mostly leans to Cultural victory, because it has high tourism and a lot culture making it hard to influence.

Aztec - Developed very slowly early on, a lot of warmongering, but fell to Spain in the Renaissance Era. Liberated in the Late Industrial Era. Started developing a lot, but lost a couple of cities to America. Still has some problems with happiness and rebels. Not close to any victory at the moment.

Babylon - Was strong early on, great tech lead, but fell to Assyria in the Classical Era, liberated by a short time period, but then fell to Persia. Then switched different rulers: Greece, Persia, Arabia, Ottomans. Liberated in the Atomic Era by England. Went to war with Persia and America. Now, relatively small and not close to any victory type.

To be continued.... again....

"America - Leading civ right now. Highest score. Finished Apollo Program. Most Influential culturally. Strongest military."

and minus 500 gpt

In regards to America space program. Publicly its sent the first satellite out of are Solar System last year. It also has a few public mars colony projects in the work by American companies. Lastly in 1995 Ben Rich who was CEO of Locke Skunkworks at the time said "we have technology to bring et home." Being skunkworks is known as one the players in the black budget world, I find it harder to believe that we don't have a man ship that could leave are solar system at this time.

"America - Leading civ right now. Highest score. Finished Apollo Program. Most Influential culturally. Strongest military."

and minus 500 gpt

It really depends on what the gpt in Civ represents. I've often thought about the level of abstraction in Civ economics. After all, it doesn't literally represent the national budget, does it? The gpt isn't tax revenue, it's the nation's wealth, right? Something more like GDP.

In that case, then the U.S. would have a lot of gpt.

Currently America is closest in terms of culture victory, but it won't get there since no country has ever achieved Civ victory conditions. Probably the only region left where they aren't listening to American rock music and wearing American blue jeans by the majority is the Islamic world. I don't see that changing to America's favor, but one didn't expect the communist world to eventually come under American cultural influence either. America may have the best chance of pulling off a science victory and, depending on whether you view the UN as a tool of America, diplomatic victory.

However USA chance for victory may be over, now with the rise of China and other countries, it will be hard to compete with countries that have three times the population or even more.

Do you honestly think that America is a communist single-party state or a dictatorship? Because that's what order & autocracy are. America is certainly free. And the US is close to a "cultural victory" because they influence literally everybody with the ideas of liberty & freedom. Of course not all states have America's "ideology" but the idea of freedom is there. I mean look at the Arab Spring, that's a "revolutionary wave" for sure.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oops, Sorry. I forgot "tourism" can affect their own population IRL.

Well, in civ term. I think Order China and Freedom Russia start building and trading with non-order major civ and city-state. Russian are revolt to Freedom due to self-inflict deficit and dismantling - neglect of culture. America might sold blue jean (which I actually wearing) and music (which I can't stand most of it.) to good portion of the world before 2000. But powers around the world start to catch up with American's declining "awesomeness".

EDIT : V @Denkt
V USA "had" influenced, actually. Maybe because there are no great communist bloc around to make other nations fear.

(we sent archeologists in to Egypt's lands and dug up all their artifacts, at the very least)
Well this is clearly not true. France dug up quite a lot almost before US was a nation.

Top Bottom