Realism Invictus

Realism crashes on my pc. I am using a Dell Studio Hybrid. 32-Bit Vista. Any ideas how to fix it? Btw, i have everything set to min in video and was using a standard size map.

Realism crashes on my pc. I am using a Dell Studio Hybrid. 32-Bit Vista. Any ideas how to fix it? Btw, i have everything set to min in video and was using a standard size map.

Your PC has an Intel video chipset. You likely won't be able to run RI on it. You can try turning off frozen animations in video settings, but your PC is below minimum specs.

Hello,
I just want to chime in and say thanks so much for making such a great mod. It seems like a lot of this thread is feedback on specific bugs and recommendations for suggested additions, so just want a post to simply say thanks! I've been a long time Civ player (since the original title) but was disappointed with Civ5 and so glad to find this mod to give new life to civving. It's clear that the RI development team has put tremendous work into this, and it shows!

Your PC has an Intel video chipset. You likely won't be able to run RI on it. You can try turning off frozen animations in video settings, but your PC is below minimum specs.

I don't know about the video card specifics, but I'm also running RI below specs. I find that it works tremendously better to play on a small map compared to standard.

Dear Walter:

Not that you guys have anything to do with it, but would it be possible to change the soundtrack of the modern era? The standard BTS soundtrack is just depressing. I don't know, perhaps it could be replaced by some classical music ou punk rock:D. If it's too much trouble, nevermind. One more thing: do you think you guys will be able to release it before December? Sorry for the question, but all this wait is driving me crazy:crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye:!!!

Dear Walter:

Not that you guys have anything to do with it, but would it be possible to change the soundtrack of the modern era? The standard BTS soundtrack is just depressing. I don't know, perhaps it could be replaced by some classical music ou punk rock:D. If it's too much trouble, nevermind. One more thing: do you think you guys will be able to release it before December? Sorry for the question, but all this wait is driving me crazy:crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye:!!!

Hello compatriot (sorry for the intrusion), this week I was talking to Walter and Hian about the music. This question may be one more component of mod in a version after 3.1.

The release still needs to be resolved some bugs. Check out our SVN, and kills some of your anxiety.

Dear Walter:

The problem with modern music is that it's copyrighted. Therefore, we can't go and add, say, Led Zeppelin or Ramones or Nirvana, however much we like any of those. Since our mod is, so to say, quite popular, and gets, for instance, distributed on DVDs by some gaming magazines, we wouldn't like a cease and desist notice happening to us. Most older music is well past copyright expiration date, and thus open domain.

Remember there's open source music, too. Jamendo.com is a fantastic source. So I guess a just as good argument is whether or not you want to add to the download size of the mod by adding music tracks.

Dear Walter:

You can always turn of the ingame music(ctrl+m) and play your songs of choice instead. Either via the ingame player or an external one

I usually put on some piano music in the modern era. What I use is probably copyrighted, but it must be possible to find some that isn't.
The Western music from Civ 5 is very good for the modern era too, I find.

As long as you're not redistributing that music, you can play whatever you want while you play Civ. As Michkov said, there's the ability to create a custom music folder or just designate a folder you already have set up to play your own music in the options menu.

Another place that has a lot of free music of which most is redistributable is Newgrounds. A lot of their users create music for projects for free, as well.

Cruel:
Valeu, véio. Vou procurar baixar. Obrigado pela resposta. Há um tempo atrás vc mandou um convite ou mensagem para adicionar como amigo ou algo assim. Eu tentei confirmar, mas não sei se deu certo. Se for o caso, por favor entre em contato, que terei prazer em adicionar.

Walter/ Mitchkov/KLarsen:

Good to know I'm not the only one who can't stand the modern era soundtrack. Some nice classical music (non-copyrighted) would be perfect to replace the standard soundtrack. Thank you all.

Well, I must frankly admit this one from my own point of view at least - I don't really care for Civ 4 music, as I generally turn off music in all games and play the music I like in the background instead. That's why I (once again, I'm speaking for myself here, not for RI dev team as a whole) never added any music to the mod.

Well, I must frankly admit this one from my own point of view at least - I don't really care for Civ 4 music, as I generally turn off music in all games and play the music I like in the background instead. That's why I (once again, I'm speaking for myself here, not for RI dev team as a whole) never added any music to the mod.

Like me ! :D I prefer listening the music I like in the background that civ 4 music.

I don't think changing the music will be our first task. I don't think at all....

I actually kind of like some of it, and by that I mean everything but the modern era stuff. I've actually modded my music files and replaced all of the modern with what I think is appropriate for the game. I did the same thing with Civ III. There in lies the big problem though, taste is very subjective and what I think is best others might hate (Even though my opinion is never wrong ;) ).

Played through the couple of times to get a handle on it; all I can say is that this has been one of my most entertaining civ experiences. :)

For the world map I had... issues. The game would crash at the end of a turn, which changed quite a lot over four Earth map attempts. As the English, it crashed towards the middle of the classical era (All the tundra on Ireland and to a much lesser degree, Scotland, feels a bit unbalanced, as they have less room to grow). In my French game it crashed towards the end of the industrial era, and in my German and Roman games it died towards the renaissance. Assuming it has to do with my end, being that others have finished the Earth map? I can't figure out what it has to do with, certainly not to do with system specs though.

I could see units being more affected by the terrain plot their on, such as tanks taking a hit to strength and movement while in tundra, heavily armoured units, like man-at-arms, taking a hit to desert combat. Is the Helepolis not supposed to be able to travel along roads through forests? Or is it just for mechanics/coding reasons?

The Theatre of Dionysus feels overpowered for such an early wonder, a lot of room there to get pretty horrifically ahead of the AI's, might be better with base 2 happy faces?

Thanks for this gem of a mod, keep it up! :goodjob:

I actually kind of like some of it, and by that I mean everything but the modern era stuff. I've actually modded my music files and replaced all of the modern with what I think is appropriate for the game. I did the same thing with Civ III. There in lies the big problem though, taste is very subjective and what I think is best others might hate (Even though my opinion is never wrong ;) ).

Well, one day it would be nice to get personal with all kinds of Civ 4 music (era, diplomacy etc.), but that day might be quite far away...

Played through the couple of times to get a handle on it; all I can say is that this has been one of my most entertaining civ experiences. :)

For the world map I had... issues. The game would crash at the end of a turn, which changed quite a lot over four Earth map attempts. As the English, it crashed towards the middle of the classical era (All the tundra on Ireland and to a much lesser degree, Scotland, feels a bit unbalanced, as they have less room to grow). In my French game it crashed towards the end of the industrial era, and in my German and Roman games it died towards the renaissance. Assuming it has to do with my end, being that others have finished the Earth map? I can't figure out what it has to do with, certainly not to do with system specs though.

There are some CTD issues in 3.01; we have likely fixed (most of) them for upcoming 3.1; my test games at our current internal build haven't run into a CTD for a month or two.

I could see units being more affected by the terrain plot their on, such as tanks taking a hit to strength and movement while in tundra, heavily armoured units, like man-at-arms, taking a hit to desert combat. Is the Helepolis not supposed to be able to travel along roads through forests? Or is it just for mechanics/coding reasons?

Not supposed to. Poor cross-country performance was one of its well-documented features. :)

The Theatre of Dionysus feels overpowered for such an early wonder, a lot of room there to get pretty horrifically ahead of the AI's, might be better with base 2 happy faces?

We already tuned it down for 3.1 (although not like you suggested).

Thanks for this gem of a mod, keep it up! :goodjob:

Thanks. Always nice to hear some positive feedback. Keeps us going.

I actually play the Civ4 music only if I'm playing a european civilization, and then only to the modern era, where I have a separate playlist. For each culture group(Asian, African, Middle East, Mesoamerican etc) I have a separate playlist for each era.

I wonder if it is possible to set up the music for a mod like that in game, culture AND era specific music.

every time I try to start a game, it crashes, sends me to desk-top. Any idea how to fix this? I have the patch, and I have 3.19. I am using windows 7

Top Bottom