Realism Invictus

State Atheism was removed simply because it wasn't adapted to our feeling about the Religion Civics.

What if you don't get the chance to have any religion. What are the possibilities with the new version? Are you just kinda screwed, or is there any substitute civic when not having a religion; i mean other than paganism?

Have you ever thought about or have plans to include a Javanese/Malay civ? Are their enough unit models available?

Have you ever thought about or have plans to include a Javanese/Malay civ? Are their enough unit models available?

We really hope to add some derivative civs from outside Europe. The main problem is the lack of quality unit models. :cry:
As an example, Khmers aren't a full civ in RI. Simply because we don't find enough quality stuff to add this very very interesting civ. :(

To be clear, we hope to add at least one civ in South East Asia. But....no quality models at that time and not enough time to create them by ourselves. :cry:

What if you don't get the chance to have any religion. What are the possibilities with the new version? Are you just kinda screwed, or is there any substitute civic when not having a religion; i mean other than paganism?

Don't be afraid. The civic were reworked with the new version. We even receive feedbacks from players that use the SVN version.
You have various possibilities if you don't have any religion, too much or don't want to have one.
Beeing Atheistic is also a possibility in RI. :)

Don't be afraid. The civic were reworked with the new version. We even receive feedbacks from players that use the SVN version.
You have various possibilities if you don't have any religion, too much or don't want to have one.
Beeing Atheistic is also a possibility in RI. :)

I've tried to run a sorta RP Pagan Egyptian game, but then I started getting religions from my neighbors infecting my cities, so I chickened out and grabbed Sun Worship or whatever it is called.

It probably could be done a lot better in the Americas, where all you have to do is hope none of your neighbors found a religion...

das kapital is not very useful...

state planning has major benefit which you need the tech for anyway, and welfare state is not good until you get the buildings for bonuses

About later era horse units w/melee-type weapons that don't advance into combat;

The only one I can recall w/certainty is the English Light Brigade. With less certainty, I think the Polish Uhlan and Arabic Camel riders also do this.

Due to the large number of games played, and the consistent way that they've been set up, my own impression is that the units that do this are late game horse units that have melee-type weapons, that are "parallel" to most other horse units using guns. Late Renaissance/early industrial periods, when most horse units are shooting, there are still a few that are using swords and lances. These few seem to be the units not advancing into combat. My impression is that a "category" of late horse units is set up to stand in place and shoot their guns. The units that don't advance, despite using melee-type weapons, are possibly within this "category," which would explain why they don't advance.

Hope this helps.

Check the greek medieval medium cavalry unit too.

I've tried to run a sorta RP Pagan Egyptian game, but then I started getting religions from my neighbors infecting my cities, so I chickened out and grabbed Sun Worship or whatever it is called.

It probably could be done a lot better in the Americas, where all you have to do is hope none of your neighbors found a religion...

I did exactly that with my Aztecs. Not on purpose though, I didn't get to be first with founding any religions, neither did my neighbors. When finally I met civs from abroad after a while Taoism spread to two of my cities. By then I had learned about State Atheism and grabbed it before more religions could 'infect' my cities further. The way you learn this stuff just show the strength of RI, there are so much to learn and take advantage of. I have yet to be disappointed just a wee bit

Gotta say this is a hell of a mod.
I just love the approach, being fun and realistic at the same time.

I have one huge complain though (but with a possible solution, bah, 2 really):
-Unit icons are not consistent.

For example, some modern infantry units icons are the chinese player model from Battlefield 2 and others are from a Insurgency (HL2 Mod) poster.

What I propose is to make a version alike to the promotions. A color background with a stylized weapon of the unit. If it's a vehicle, then the outline (color filled of course) of that vehicle.

Or just wait until you have time to put the corresponding icons/pictures.

I don't know you, but for me, seeing an A7V being represented/icon'd by a Mark VII

Hi All.

Pulling my hair out here!!! I want to Nuke the Dravidians but can't build any nukes.
Seems that I need a Nuclear Research Facility, but can't bloody find one. I know it's a National Wonder & I should be able to build it after researching Nuclear Physics.
I've got uranium to play with also. Is there a glitch in the game or am I a useless moron?:crazyeye:

Hi All.

Pulling my hair out here!!! I want to Nuke the Dravidians but can't build any nukes.
Seems that I need a Nuclear Research Facility, but can't bloody find one. I know it's a National Wonder & I should be able to build it after researching Nuclear Physics.
I've got uranium to play with also. Is there a glitch in the game or am I a useless moron?:crazyeye:

Maybe you are. ;)

Take a look to the pedia. To build such a wonder you need a Great Scientist.
Nuclear Research Facility can only be build by consuming a Great Scientist.

Your mod is avesome. Very well balanced.

1 You should look at the total war concepts maybe some of it is worth to import http://www.civilization-totalwar.com/index.php?page=concepts&lang=en

2 Do you plan lanuch a version with Revolutions?

3 Bug i think. I play on huge map and every task i get tells me that i should build 32
buildigs of one type ex. 32 theathres or 32 forges but i dont have so many cites so it is imposible to accomplish any task

Hi, trying to load the mod on a different computer (so I can finally have audio). I can load vanilla Civ4 and also a couple other mods, but some reason, i can't load Realism Invictus. I keep getting the error setting parameters. This computer screen has different dimensions from my other crap pc, so anyone have any ideas how to fix this? Thanks.

I've downloaded this from sourceforge.net, and am unable to install it. The installer fails during its integrity self-check at about the 95% point.

I've downloaded it twice with the same problem.

If it makes a difference, Windows 7 Enterprise N x64.

Your mod is avesome. Very well balanced.

1 You should look at the total war concepts maybe some of it is worth to import http://www.civilization-totalwar.com/index.php?page=concepts&lang=en

2 Do you plan lanuch a version with Revolutions?

3 Bug i think. I play on huge map and every task i get tells me that i should build 32
buildigs of one type ex. 32 theathres or 32 forges but i dont have so many cites so it is imposible to accomplish any task

1. It is a good mod in its own right, but we have a somewhat different concept for our development. We rarely borrow from other mods directly.

2. Yes, it's in the FAQ.

3. Yes, it is like this for both World Maps. I believe we fixed that for the next version.

Hi, trying to load the mod on a different computer (so I can finally have audio). I can load vanilla Civ4 and also a couple other mods, but some reason, i can't load Realism Invictus. I keep getting the error setting parameters. This computer screen has different dimensions from my other crap pc, so anyone have any ideas how to fix this? Thanks.

What are the specs? Also, have you installed it or just copied your existing version from the other PC?

I've downloaded this from sourceforge.net, and am unable to install it. The installer fails during its integrity self-check at about the 95% point.

I've downloaded it twice with the same problem.

If it makes a difference, Windows 7 Enterprise N x64.

If it fails integrity check, you don't have a full download. Try another mirror (Sourceforge has lots of them, you can choose them when you download). Also be sure that you have enough HDD space for the installer.

I saw that Ungomma has attempted to merge and fix some turn speed issues with the K-Mod. I wasn't able to do so and was wondering what files Ungomma changed to do this. I'd like to see them. In addition, now that I have finished the Sack City Mod, I'm going to finish the Super Workers Mod (aka Unit XP).

I saw that Ungomma has attempted to merge and fix some turn speed issues with the K-Mod. I wasn't able to do so and was wondering what files Ungomma changed to do this. I'd like to see them. In addition, now that I have finished the Sack City Mod, I'm going to finish the Super Workers Mod (aka Unit XP).

You can take a look at the SVN revision 3871. The process of merge is not yet complete.

i'll never know if it's any good or not; i haven't done half-hour downloads since i had a dial-up modem

Top Bottom