Realism Invictus

new svn - I had very few problems with mod - no errors or anything. But now - my units were for a while invisible, then visible and then civ stoped working and fell down.

hey autor, dont forget that horse husbandry is a milestone in agriculture - look how slow rise a population without strong animals to plow crop fields.

maybe some kind of buff? like workers make 25% - 50% faster improvements when they have acess to horses?

Two more little graphic bug :

- was making a carth path, on tree tile. First did no problem, the connexion with the second was good, but when i make the third, the second one (in the middle) transformed in a red dot. Alt/tab did resolved the bug.

- was looking in the city scree, press escape to go out, and i was back on the map... but i still had the city screen on. Meaning i could move units or give order to worker, but i had the two blue rectangle on each side with the city info. Alt/tab corrected the bug, but the game crashed a few seconds later.

HI guys!!!

Congratulations on excellent job on this mod which really revitilizes civilisation 4 game and gives it a whole new prospective!!!
Problem is this.... it crashes when fun starts.... :sad::sad::sad:
Please find a way to fix that maf problem that really devastates such a perfect achievement.

(i got a relative strong pc with 1 gb dedicated vram -quad core - and 4 dd3 gb ram so the hardware is not the problem... as long as my saves reach 4 mb the game starts to crash and that hearts :sad::sad::sad:!!!)
i got 64 bit windows 7 as os ..... Please i beg you help us to finish our attaimpts .... its so unfair to play a game for weeks and suddenly all our effort ...puffffff!!!!

thanks in advance!!!!!:goodjob:

I haven't had a whole lot of time to play civ the last year or so, but have recently been getting back into it. I really like all of the new changes and small tweaks. Great job on the new leaderheads. They look great! The great works are absolutely fantastic. I'm not sure exactly what was done with cultural boarders, but culturally powerful cities no longer totally swamp everything around them which is nice. It's a good balance.

hey autor, dont forget that horse husbandry is a milestone in agriculture - look how slow rise a population without strong animals to plow crop fields.

maybe some kind of buff? like workers make 25% - 50% faster improvements when they have acess to horses?

I would say, horses are powerfull enough in military direction. And if your civs uses pastoral nomadism they give nice hammers and food too. Also - cows and other animals can be used to crop fields too.
(btw game still unplayable for me, fast crashes after that new graphic svn update)

Discussing SVN version here.

Could you make the C2C revision an OPTIONAL revision? Like a setting in the play now/custom map list?
The C2C revision actually crashes the game for me and I have to forcibly remove the update every time I want to update the SVN version of the game.

Discussing SVN version here.

Could you make the C2C revision an OPTIONAL revision? Like a setting in the play now/custom map list?
The C2C revision actually crashes the game for me and I have to forcibly remove the update every time I want to update the SVN version of the game.

It is now optional as of r4924.

Would anyone have any interest in a mod of this incredible mod that essentially opens up all the AI only civilizations? I love this hard mod but didn't like the idea that you could only play a handlful of the cultures. I went back through and opened up all to play and then mussed around with them to make them playable -- more than just being able to pick them, I have given those civs a unique way to play the game.

For example, The Bantu King is unable to make settlers but they start with 10 axemen. You can only conquer other nations to gain cities. The AI struggles with this, but they eventually will conquer barbarian, AI, and I dare say my cities on occasion.

American Indians also have a much slower path with penalties on spying and research, but have forces that do well in their respective terrain.

I lay no claim to anything in my mod, other than I have hacked wonderful XMLs. The original creators get all the glory for this great mod.

- The infoscreen over a salt resource shows that it requires Stonecutting, but in fact it is enabled now by Pottery with building the Salt Pit only.

- Skirmisher units dont have to require Woodworking, as previous must have tech Bronze Working already has Woodworking as a prerequisite.

I really enjoy current games playing large world map :)

Just upgraded to SVN a few days ago and have played a few games. And met a really frustrating feature/bug.

Should each open border grant +1 (or thereabouts) culture to a city? It's happened in several games I played (and I play with max civs, so 33 at the moments) and either my cities or another civ's cities got insane culture boosts from open borders. This has had a negative impact in both situations.

In one game I settled a city as a defensive bottle neck city... And within two turns it hit fledgling culture levels, and within a few more it hit the next stage, overwhelming another civ's borders, leading them to declare war on me and become a gamelong enemy. The city wasn't intended to as an offensive city, just a defensive one, but ended up sparking a war because of culture boosts.

And in a current game, one civ settled a city 4 tiles away form mine and is no overwhelming my city's borders... despite the fact that my city is also a holy city and has a few culture buildings.

Is this intended behavior, or a bug, or did I mess up a setting somewhere? It's been incredibly frustrating to play around.

- Greek Pagan Temple Temenos gives 1 :culture: to Egyptian Obelisk. Is this intended?
- Meditation requires Mysticism although previous tech Philosophy already requires it too

- Greek Pagan Temple Temenos gives 1 :culture: to Egyptian Obelisk. Is this intended?
- Meditation requires Mysticism although previous tech Philosophy already requires it too

Austronisian also works with obelisks, not monuments for some reason.

As an aside, I would be interested in looking at that modmod.

Even with packing art assets, the SVN version of the game still takes 5+ minutes to load. Is that expected behavior?

[Y];13948604 said:
Even with packing art assets, the SVN version of the game still takes 5+ minutes to load. Is that expected behavior?

it takes just 30s for me

Top Bottom