Reality War MOD

ok ok ok....hold on this has gotten waaaaay outta hand.....i wont go off on my tangent about the knights vs corba helicopter deal (i guess you guys would tell the helicopter was flying to low or something ...i cant belive i witnessed that 1).........im saying...you guys are really going outside what was originaly stated...im not trying to start a fight...i am a war veteran iv seen that stage....all im sayin is that a certain FEW *FEW* things that do not....and will not make sence ....i dont want a run down of every scenario that can happen because ill be the expert here...of course tanks need air food ammo ....we know that...im really flabergasted that all you people think 18th century technology can defeat 20th century....im talking about the actuall things at hand for the defending unit...theres no way a archer/knight/musketman/ can defend a city vs....helicopters/tanks/marines/etc./ the fact that even 1 unit is lost..is disgusting...but when i play its a common occurence....if you dont know what im talking about or dont have a mod for this...dont post here i dont wanna type fight....

ok ok ok....hold on this has gotten waaaaay outta hand.....i wont go off on my tangent about the knights vs corba helicopter deal (i guess you guys would tell the helicopter was flying to low or something ...i cant belive i witnessed that 1).........im saying...you guys are really going outside what was originaly stated...im not trying to start a fight...i am a war veteran iv seen that stage....all im sayin is that a certain FEW *FEW* things that do not....and will not make sence ....i dont want a run down of every scenario that can happen because ill be the expert here...of course tanks need air food ammo ....we know that...im really flabergasted that all you people think 18th century technology can defeat 20th century....im talking about the actuall things at hand for the defending unit...theres no way a archer/knight/musketman/ can defend a city vs....helicopters/tanks/marines/etc./ the fact that even 1 unit is lost..is disgusting...but when i play its a common occurence....if you dont know what im talking about or dont have a mod for this...dont post here i dont wanna type fight....

If you were a war veteran, you'd be supporting our points then.

Just because you can't counter what we say, doesn't mean we're absolutely wrong and should leave the thread if we don't support you :rolleyes:

I've looked around. Most of the mods add some features to combat (Dales Combat Mod), or expanded WWI-II+ units (Wolfshanze mod), none do what you want.

If thats really what you want unzip the attached file, go to
Code:
My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CustomAssets\XML\Units
You'll likely need to go to customAssets, make a folder called "XML", go into that directory, make a new folder called "Units".

Copy/Paste CIV4UnitInfos.xml into your newly created "Units" folder.

This file will give a -25% STR penalty to Rifleman/Redcoats and Grenadiers vs Armored (Tanks).

EDIT, test and see if it works. I'm actually not sure if you can put a negative number in ... now that I think about it, every other unit gets a bonus to something else, not a penalty. Well either way, it may work :)

Attachments

• CIV4UnitInfos.zip
    20.5 KB · Views: 47
There are even a few battles, where the American riflemen are defeated by the Indians, in history. Obviously, the Americans won 95 percent of the time, but there were a few exceptions where the Native Americans with just bow and arrows won.

Civ Rev has fixed the problem you speak of with the "overkill" and I'm sure they'll add that feature into civ 5 and civ colonization:). The spearman joke has been exagerated. They make it sound like, spearman beat tanks the majority of the time. Tanks beat spearman almost all the time. Just the fact that the mere possibility of a spearman beating a tank is ridiclious. Although, there are a few exceptions where it isn't. Say, an elite group of spearman guarding a city are attacked with a heavily damaged inexperienced tank unit. The truth is, that fight would be about 50/50, and thats accurate IMO.

im really flabergasted that all you people think 18th century technology can defeat 20th century

It can't and it doesn't in the game. If you've got musketmen and cannons and the other guy has MBTs, you'll lose. There may be a fluke once in a hundred games where one of your musketmen takes out ONE redlined tank. Is this implausible? Not at all. There are a thousand reasons that might have happened, just a fraction of which have been discussed already.

but when i play its a common occurence

Common? I'm going to call BS on that, unless you're running around trying to take over entire civilizations with a single tank that's down to 1 or 2 strength.

To me, a tank in such a state represents a unit that's so demoralized, so short of parts and ammunition and supplies, so damaged, that it could be defeated by the terrain, let alone hostile action.

Finally civ isn't a wargame. It favours gameplay and balance over realism. If you want a wargame that represents modern combat accurately, go play SPMBT or Gary Grigsby's World at War or something like that. There are lots of great wargames out there. Don't play civ, that's not what it is about, and its format simply isn't suited to realism. It's a strategy title, not a wargame title.

@ JujuLautre : From what I understand, if a unit is significantly stronger than its opponent it can rout them. Its unknown whether some of the combat mechanic churns in the background first or not.
The stronger unit runs the opponent right off the tile, I believe they can run off cliffs or run out into the water and drown too hehe.

The Knights chopping down helicopters is unforgivable. You have a valid point there. Its possible, although very unlikely for a musketman archer or knight to beat marines, or tanks. This could only happen if the marine or tank is almost dead as it is, and they're up against a very elite group of say, musketmen and they are lead by a great general (I mean that both in game terms, and literally, by great general.) And then on top of that, they are defending a huge city. And if you ask me, a heavily damaged group of inexperienced marines for instance, would not stand a chance against a metropolis, even an undefended one. Never mind if it has some crack-shot musketmen defending it.

I may be a few years late on this. Is there a mod with a tank(or any other higher tech. example marines will kill muskets etc.) that will defeat a musket man or a longbowman or a grenadier that throws a makeshift bomb and blows up a Sherman or a Panzer tank...I refuse to play with the madness anymore...Is there a mod were a reality is set in...and a tank can chew up almost anything it comes in contact with...i know personally...Any help out there fellas...

one tank could take out all the musketmen/machine gun men in the world...a group of marines can take out all the the catipaults or musket men in the world etc..do you get what im saying...i spell horrible sorry

I tried, but I sincerely don't.

...theres no way a archer/knight/musketman/ can defend a city vs....helicopters/tanks/marines/etc./ the fact that even 1 unit is lost..is disgusting...

Oh, I continued to read and I truly understand now. You mean that if a single tank unit invades a whole nation which doesn't have a single tank or anti tank unit it should single handedly steam role all of it's cities, buildings and, if it pleases the tank, citizens too; of course, because the invaded millions cannot pierce it's armor.
That is undeniably unrealistic.. even clumpsy or..... just.... idiotic.

By the way, what is that intriguing "overkill" thing OldShcooler ?

CivRev will have a feature that makes a unit to autolose against a unit far stronger ( 6:1 IIRC )..... IMHO it is a completely stupid idea ( like if history didn't had lots of examples of people fighting against odds... the history of my country , for a example , has the grand total of 0 battles in superiority )..... Maybe our friend will like it more of it.

BTW my impression is that our friend bought the game few days ago and does not know how to strip defenses.... That , added to a CG III musket and a abuse of blitz/limited healing, will surely lead to a abnormal hi-tech unit lost.

one tank could take out all the musketmen/machine gun men in the world...a group of marines can take out all the the catipaults or musket men in the world etc..do you get what im saying...i spell horrible sorry

Pry open the hatch and kill everyone inside. If you had endless hordes of undead zombies you could do it. Sherman tanks sucked anyways. Designed to take out fortified infantry positions of the only country on earth that had anti tank rockets at the time. They should change the graphic.

Incidentally, the Panzer was inferior to the tanks used by the French and British during the war, and the only reason it was so famous is because the Sherman was a pea shooter. Why it is their unique unit is a mystery to me.

it took awhile but thanks very much Balderstrom i tinkerd around with it....i dunno if i did it right...havnt losed a tank yet tho...thanks also for looking ricci....it gets pretty annoying when i cant strech pazners to do some ass wooping when i really need it...yea the knights vs helicopter thing almost made me use the cd as coaster...thats just hog wash....and for the one guy frekk saying "civ isn't a wargame"? the hell it isnt...if thats how i wanna play thats how i wanna play....Ask sid i think he'll agree with me... but Balderstrom it seems like you have a understanding of what im trying to say..can you fix the air units problem to maybe?...iv noticed any redline chopers can die at the hands of knights/archers stuff like that....(i understand losing it to a sam) can you take a look into that?

Oh, I continued to read and I truly understand now. You mean that if a single tank unit invades a whole nation which doesn't have a single tank or anti tank unit it should single handedly steam role all of it's cities, buildings and, if it pleases the tank, citizens too; of course, because the invaded millions cannot pierce it's armor.
That is undeniably unrealistic.. even clumpsy or..... just.... idiotic.

By the way, what is that intriguing "overkill" thing OldShcooler ?

If you have enough of a technological advantage over your opponent in battle (such as your chopper versus a knight) combat will not even happen. You will automatically win the battle without even fighting.

Top Bottom