Really Advanced Setup

I need to know, i modded my game myself for play with mod with my friend online. If i play with your mod in solo, that will use my modded files for add anything i set in your mod?

And i find a mod(sql) for make aircraft animation more faster but i want to change it directly in my file for make it work in multi. Do you know in which file?

thx

Last edited:
I'm sorry I can't help you with this. I'm unfamiliar with modding Civ 5 for multiplayer. As far as I know for the most part Civ 5 mods do not work in multiplayer. Although people have been able to get some of them to work.

In the past several people who where more familiar with multiplayer than myself tried to get my mod to work with multiplayer. They couldn't get it to work. Where you successful in doing this?

@General Tso Is it possible to create a tab or section for custom setting? Where we could input an SQL function like from the example below?
Code:
-- Increase the max number of religion by 1.
UPDATE Worlds SET MaxActiveReligions = '4' WHERE Type = 'WORLDSIZE_TINY';
UPDATE Worlds SET MaxActiveReligions = '5' WHERE Type = 'WORLDSIZE_SMALL';
UPDATE Worlds SET MaxActiveReligions = '6' WHERE Type = 'WORLDSIZE_STANDARD';
UPDATE Worlds SET MaxActiveReligions = '7' WHERE Type = 'WORLDSIZE_LARGE';
UPDATE Worlds SET MaxActiveReligions = '8' WHERE Type = 'WORLDSIZE_HUGE';

It's been awhile since I worked with Civ 5 but I don't think that could be implemented as an in game option. By the time my mod is running in the game any changes made to the data base don't do anything. If they did I probably would still be working on the mod and it would contain just about every option in the book. Unfortunately once the mods are actually running the database is locked (not sure if locked is the proper terminology but it gets the point across).

Unfortunately once the mods are actually running the database is locked (not sure if locked is the proper terminology but it gets the point across).
Well then it just won't be possible unfortunately. Out if curiosity, have you tried Vox Populi mod yet just to see differences in gameplay? What map script do you usually run with RAS?

Last edited:
I haven't gotten around to trying Vox Populi yet. I bought a VR headset recently and it's been using up a lot of my game playing time.

As far as map scripts go. Other then testing some of the 3rd party maps with my mod I usually use some of the default Firaxis maps for the most part. I used to use Pangea a lot. But lately when I have time I use the Inland Sea map for the most part. One thing I like to do is use the map placement panel in my mod to randomly place resources all over the map (land and coast). So I end up with a map that has a resource on every tile. Makes for some great fun.

I just modified some xml and lua files and i give it to my friend. So we are able to play with the mod together

My question is more about, youre mod use the game file and change values? And you dont have idea in which file i can change the animation speed of the aircraft?

thx

Could you add a part to the main tab where you can save presets of configurations? It would be nice to save a few for quickly reloading for later games.

That's a great idea but at the moment I'm not updating the mod. Sorry about that.

If you are interested there is a way to do that now. It just takes a little work. The settings for this mod are stored in "Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ModUserData\GTAS_AdvancedSetupMod-15.db". You can copy that file to another folder to save the current settings. Then copy the file back to the ModUserData folder to restore those settings. If you decide to store multiple files in your folder you would obviously have to give them different names. Just rename the file back to GTAS_AdvancedSetupMod-15.db when you copy it back to the ModUserData folder. You will need to exit the game, copy the file, then restart the game for things to work. This system also has the advantage of allowing you to send the file to someone else if they want to try your settings.

Last edited:
General Tso,
In an earlier post you had a problem with loading visual studio for modd buddy. Obviously you overcame the problem. How do I? I get to visual studio and I see dozens of apps/programs. Which do I download? Please help.

I apologize but it's been so long since I set that up that I don't remember what I did. And I no longer have the PC that I installed it on so I can't help you directly.

If I remember correctly the tutorials section of this forum was a help when I was setting up the mod development system. Here it is.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/forums/civ5-modding-tutorials-reference.394/

I'm having a massively irritating problem with the map section of the setup; I cannot select map type nor size as its just blank (this also means that the options for the map is blank, but it defaults to continents on standard) selecting anything on the natural wonders does nothing and always goes back to defaults as well as active civilizations is blank. do you know any way to fix this?

That problem is probably caused by a mod or map conflict and/or corrupted data files.

If you are using any other mods or 3rd party maps. Try temporarily disabling all of them and see if it fixes the problem.

If that doesn't fix the problem keep the stuff disabled and try the following while the game is not running.

Try clearing the Civ5 cache:
Make sure you exit Civ 5.
Find the Civ 5 cache folder. It's location might vary slightly depending on what operating system you have. Mine is located at: "Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache".
Delete the cache folder.
Restart Civ 5 in the usual fashion. Civ 5 will automatically recreate the cache when the game starts.
You will have to re-enable any mods that you wish to use.

If that doesn't work you could also try deleting the data base file for this mod.
The mod will then rebuild it next time it's run.
The file is located at My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ModUserData. And the file is named GTAS_AdvancedSetupMod-15.db.
Deleting this file will return all options in the mod to there default settings.

If one of these things fixes the problem then you can re-enable the other mods. Just keep an eye out for any conflicts when you do so. You might want to re-enable them a few at a time then check to see if things are working.

No matter how many files i delete, no matter how many files i change, the map setting is too stubborn to change. That's sad....

Did you edit a mod right before this happened? This happened to me when I edited one of JFD's mods. I was using it and YaEMP. When I tried to setup the game I was getting blank menus. I had to download the mod again to fix the issue.

Thanks for the input SLGray. I hadn't thought of that.

No matter how many files i delete, no matter how many files i change, the map setting is too stubborn to change. That's sad....

Did you disable all other mods and custom maps before deleting the files suggested above?

Top Bottom