Really Advanced Setup

Again, i did all i think i could, deleted the cache about 4 times, deleted all mods, reinstalled RAS, took out a few custom maps, checked multiple times and it still doesnt work.

Again, i did all i think i could, deleted the cache about 4 times, deleted all mods, reinstalled RAS, took out a few custom maps, checked multiple times and it still doesnt work.
The only other thing I can think of would be to verify the game files for civ 5 in steam. To do that right click on the civ 5 icon in steam and click on properties. I'm not at my pc so I can not give you exact directions. But you need to click on the tabs at the top and look for something about validating files.

Sorry if this has already been asked before, but selecting modded civs in the player panel is broken for me. Whenever I'm not using any modded civs it works just fine.

Thanks for mentioning it. Some modded civs and maps do not work with my mod. I tried to get the code in that part of my mod to work just like the in-game code. Unfortunately there is one or more differences lurking around somewhere so some 3rd party mods do not work.

hmm so many years passed since this mod exists and still no 'hot seat' support like in Custom_advanced_setup mod ? .. Im a bit disappointed ;)

I don't play multi-player myself but I briefly looked into it and it doesn't look like it's possible. A couple of different users looked into it and said the same thing. So while I'm not quite 100% certain about it. It does appear that it's not possible to do that for this mod.

Also I no longer have the PC that was setup to develop this mod. So I won't be updating it again unless I can manage to talk myself into setting up a development system again.

Do to what I mentioned above. Multiplayer for this mod probably won't happen. Sorry about that.

I seem to be unable to choose any of the participating civilizations in a game. After I choose mine, the civilization icon of the others disappears and I'm unable to change anything for them as selecting any civ in the list doesn't have an effect. But even my chosen civ ends up to not even have mattered anyway, becasue I always start the game with a random one. Any ideas as to how to solve this problem?

I've never experienced that problem so I'm not certain of what the solution is. so I'll mention several things.

1. Try clearing the Civ 5 cache. To clear the Civ5 cache:
Make sure you exit Civ 5.
Find the Civ 5 cache folder. It's location might vary slightly depending on what operating system you have. Mine is located at: "Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache".
Delete the cache folder.
Restart Civ 5 in the usual fashion. Civ 5 will automatically recreate the cache when the game starts.
You will have to re-enable any mods that you wish to use.

2. Try deleting the data base file for this mod. The mod will then rebuild it next time it's run. The file is located at My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ModUserData. And the file is named GTAS_AdvancedSetupMod-15.db. This will have the side affect of resetting everything in the mod back to it's default setting.

3. Are you using any other mods? If so, the problem may be caused by a mod conflict. Try using this mod with all other mods disabled. If the problem goes away then start re-adding mods until the problem shows up again. Then you know what is causing the conflict.

Apparently it is caused by a mod conflict. Unfortunately, it seems Really Advanced Setup is not compatible with any of the Unique Component mods(3rd, 4th, 5th). Anyway, thanks for the help

Thank you for this amazing mod General Tso! Can you tell me could there be a mod conflict between this mod and Ynaemp? Because when i use this mod,vop populi and ynaemp i get CTD at around turn 200-300 and without RAS there is no crashes.

Thank you for this amazing mod General Tso! Can you tell me could there be a mod conflict between this mod and Ynaemp? Because when i use this mod,vop populi and ynaemp i get CTD at around turn 200-300 and without RAS there is no crashes.

I'm not aware of a conflict with Ynaemp but unfortunately that doesn't mean there isn't one. (In other words. I'm not sure either way. Sorry about that.)

The only thing I can tell you is that when I made this mod I tried to make as few changes as possible after the game's first turn starts so that my mod would interfere as little as possible with other mods.

im trying to make an all desert map but even while selecting the correct options its still just a normal map including base game maps. is this a bug?

im trying to make an all desert map but even while selecting the correct options its still just a normal map including base game maps. is this a bug?

This mod doesn't create a new map. It only tries to add and/or change things after the game creates the map. I tried to allow the player to change as much as possible without changing so much that it makes the map unplayable. So when changing terrain the mod doesn't make the change if the target tile contains a resource or feature that isn't compatible with the new terrain. For example if a tile contains deer then you can't change it to dessert. So you can usually make a map that has a lot of dessert tiles but you probably can't make every tile a dessert tile.

Another thing to look at. Are you telling the mod to change enough tiles? The average map has at least hundreds and possibly thousands of tiles. I just ran a test to make sure this worked for me. I used the Map Bonus tab. And then added a couple of dozen commands to the Terrain list. Each command changed 100 tiles. That's why I had to add a couple of dozen lines to the list. (100 tiles is the maximum that can be changed with one command.)

I have been using this mod for a long time, with no issues (other than self-inflicted). Thank you for a great mod!

I am wondering if it would be a major effort to add the ability to specify the 'starting continent' when choosing the civs/player? I enjoy letting civs start on any continent, but with wide rifts between. Perhaps a dropdown for "Largest, Not Largest, or Random" on the page where we select players? Of course, it may be that there is no real designation to choose, but it is just a thought/wish from quarrantine.

Stay safe and THANK YOU again for a mod with great functionality!

I have been using this mod for a long time, with no issues (other than self-inflicted). Thank you for a great mod!

I am wondering if it would be a major effort to add the ability to specify the 'starting continent' when choosing the civs/player? I enjoy letting civs start on any continent, but with wide rifts between. Perhaps a dropdown for "Largest, Not Largest, or Random" on the page where we select players? Of course, it may be that there is no real designation to choose, but it is just a thought/wish from quarrantine.

Stay safe and THANK YOU again for a mod with great functionality!

Thank you for the kind words. I'm glad you like the mod.

I agree, and prefer starting in a more isolated area also. Unfortunately your suggestion wouldn't be easy to do because my mod lets the game create the map and place the civs before it then makes it's changes. It was the only way I could find to get the game to do what I wanted for the mod. Also my PC that contained the development system for this mod died some time ago. So when you combine everything together. The change you suggest would take a lot of work, with a good chance that it would not work all that great when it was finished.

If you are interested. There is a piece of software in the tools section of the Steam library called Sid Meier's Civilization V SDK. If you install that and run it. One of the options is called FireTuner. It was designed to be used by the game developers and is a little clunky to use. But you can start the game using my mod, set up the game the way you want (using the mod), and enable the option in my mod that allows you to see the whole map. Then start the game and start FireTuner before doing anything in the game and edit things so that you have an isolated start. Since it's the start of the first turn there are only units on the map and no cities. You can either delete your units and then create them somewhere else. Or delete the nearby AI units and create new ones somewhere else. Of course this causes the whole map to be visible when the game starts which is a problem. But it does allow you to have the perfect isolated start.

Just be careful with the FireTuner. It can be used at any time. And it's to easy to use it as a crutch and use it to change things when a game isn't going well. It can make things to easy and take the fun out of the game.

Bummer. It appears as though this fine mod cannot be used with TSL on a Ynaemp map.

There's a chance that the two mod are not compatible. But with that being said you could try these things one at a time and see if any of them help. (I'd try it with only this mod and the other mods you mentioned enabled.)

1. Clear the Civ 5 cache.

To clear the Civ5 cache:
Find the Civ 5 cache folder. It's location might vary slightly depending on what operating system you have. Mine is located at: "Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache".
Delete the cache folder.
Restart Civ 5 in the usual fashion. Civ 5 will automatically recreate the cache when the game starts.

2. Exit the game and verify the integrity of the game files in Steam. To do this right click on the game in Steam and select properties. Then click on the Local Files tab. There is a option to do this there.

3. Exit the game and delete this mod's data base file if it exists. -> My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ModUserData\GTAS_AdvancedSetupMod-15.db.

Hey, I know this is an old forum. I am a big fan of RAS, however I've been having an issue for a while now where the other AI players wont settle new cities at all! I can keep building cities, but all the other players just sit there with one single city being all useless. Are you aware of this by any chance?

Thank you. I'm glad you like the mod.

I had the problem with the AI not building cities once or twice many years ago. I never did find out if it was a problem with this mod or a problem with the game.

There are some general things you can do when having problems with a mod in Civ5. One of them may fix this problem.

Here they are. (After trying each of these you might want to run a test game while only using this mod. Just to rule out mod conflicts.)

1. Clear the Civ 5 cache.

To clear the Civ5 cache:
Delete the cache folder.

2. Exit the game and verify the integrity of the game files in Steam. To do this right click on the game in Steam and select properties. Then click on the Local Files tab. There is a option to do this there.

3. Exit the game and delete this mod's data base file if it exists. -> My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ModUserData\GTAS_AdvancedSetupMod-15.db.

Top Bottom