• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Realpolitik CIV - An Interactive AAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
We actually have a standing DOW from Russia? *Evilgrin* Finally......

PREPARE YOURSELVES MEN! THE TIME OF THE GREAT LIBERATION IS AT HAND! LET'S US STORM NEW HORIZONS AND NOT STOP TILL EVERY RUSSIAN THERE IS RED WITH THEIR OWN BLOOD INSTEAD OF THEIR COATS!

FOR THE KHAN!

Yes. After more important matters are dealt with. Like the Vikings. Retaking Ireland is certainly a noble cause, but that does not mean that it is the highest priority for England. Once the Vikings are humbled, we can deal with the remnants of the Russian empire at our leisure.

I think Ireland's recapture for the Khan should be the first priority.

We don't want an enemy's capital right on our doorstep and it will not be a huge time drain on the Viking expedition. Take down Russia's base in Ireland and they have to go the long way around to attack our mainland.

We use the forces we have to take Ireland while we build up the extra troops needed to take down the Viking.

EDIT: Thanks LH

Ah...I remembered when England used to be a backwards country making up just Iberia, Gaul, and Britain. Back then, talks of "attacking the Vikings" or even "invading Rome" would've seemed absolutely silly. :lol:

Are you people crazy? I'm gone for a day and people start talking of giving Ireland back to the khan, and even attacking nidaros before Ireland. Insanity!

First off, why the he'll should the khan get Ireland? Its an English colony!

Second, Russia already has an invasion force ready from preparing to help Ilduce. If we don't take out Ireland, the isles will be occupied. Would you rather have nidaros or London?

Are you people crazy? I'm gone for a day and people start talking of giving Ireland back to the khan, and even attacking nidaros before Ireland. Insanity!

First off, why the he'll should the khan get Ireland? Its an English colony!

Second, Russia already has an invasion force ready from preparing to help Ilduce. If we don't take out Ireland, the isles will be occupied. Would you rather have nidaros or London?

We don't have to invade Ireland to stop the invasion. We can simply keep a contingent available on the home island to destroy the enemy as they land, and have Caravels on hand to sink enemy transports.

New Horizons is close, yes, but proximity alone does not make the Russians a threat. We know that Moscow is under Arabian occupation. This must mean that Peter has lost many of his core cities (any that remain are relatively distant). New Horizons, while a fairly decent city, is just one city. We have a lot of production capacity on the home island and in Iberia. New Horizons alone cannot match that. Assuming we assign our western cities with adequate defense, we can win a battle of attrition while we strike the Vikings, who are in a better position to fight a long-term war.

Of course, the exact tactics we must use determine how large the invasion force is and how far away it is. Unless I've missed something, we have not been informed of this yet. I'm under the impression that the Russians simply have an expeditionary force. It seems strange to me that they would devote a great deal of their army against us even as they are losing ground to the east. They were probably also counting on some assistance from Ilduce and his followers.

Beware! Walls of Text can cause irreparable Brain Damge! :ack:
OOC:

@Fargle-
RETAKE OUR IRELAND
is my ralleying cry. I completely agree that the time has come to stain the red empire with blood, restore our Noble Allies to power, and end the oppressive occupation. TO IRELAND. For the GLORY OF OUR COUNTRY AND THE KHAN. :king:
Thank you

@TT- Lighthearter said at the time the bullet could kill her so I wouldn't be to hopeful, what I saw sounded ( :confused: read?) fairly grim. I wouldn't assume she's coming back, certainly not anytime soon. :sniper:

@-ono-neko- :trouble: The Bloodlust. Blood. :scan:
I agree with pretty much everything you said. Taking out :viking: will be easiest while their army is in India :backstab:. Germany should need little help, we have an army their as part of our agreement. The Circum-nav bonus is very useful, particularly on a map this big. However, we likely have little to fear from Russia, their being :hammer: by Arabia. Their main danger is being how close they are to our capital, because we don't want to lose that.

@Whosit- I agree that a two-front naval attack now is suicideal, but as Arya points out the Russians are a serious threat to London right now, and defending it is a high priority.

@Aysee- True. You may be right that we woould have a better opportunity right after they finish. I didn't know the war with India, involved Arabia, but that means good :backstab: opportunities. I agree we should try to prop up India, but I have little IC justification, so I won't be pushing for it.:dunno:

@Greukiller- Europe's definately good land, but China and India are strong as well, and Africa is big enough to be a pain. Besides, I'm not sure this map gives us OIL in the north sea like Earth18 does.

@Ravus- I liked the Books, they did seem like accurate summaries, and the lack of obvious bias was nice. I'm Glad to have been able to help force you to maintain your position. You make a good pope. I :lol: at the Irony of my joining to late, whilst being upset I couldn't become an apprentice to the dark lord:eek2:; i mean benevolent pope, and learn all the tricks. :mwaha:
Yes Ireland is going to be a heated topic by the looks of things, but I reckon taking it before the vikings and returning it to the Khan who would be in our debt, Fargle's at least, since he risked political fire by offering asylum, and has been a staunch supporter of the khan's right to his land. I'm sure we can persuade him to at least accept a Protection pact and open borders.:deal:
I agree on your assesment of the powers :goodjob: , although I don't see any mention of the Americas there. I completely Agree we need more Land, We have to gain security from the emerging superpowers.

Totally Moral? :scan::undecide:

DT
Crusader for the Cause :jesus:

Edit: wow that took forever to write
@whosit2- I think we should at least land a coupla redcoats on Ireland to distract troops there from more invasions. Your'e right theres only 4-5 Russian Units landed, but there aren't many defenders in the isles if I remember correctly

@whosit2- I think we should at least land a coupla redcoats on Ireland to distract troops there from more invasions. Your'e right theres only 4-5 Russian Units landed, but there aren't many defenders in the isles if I remember correctly

Hmm... we have adopted Nationhood, so we can draft some Redcoats in threatened cities. If the Russians have already landed, that may be necessary. However, if it's only 4-5 units, it's not a major threat. Dropping a couple units in Ireland could make for a useful distraction, so long as they fortify their position rather than attack.

Definately Fortify them. Attack would be:suicide:. It's nice to know we can draft in Emergancies. Drafting protective/Charismatic redcoats rocks:rockon:

Edit: @Fargle below: sorry, I love smilies. : ) I edited this post first because i couldn't get the picture to work

DT

Oh hot damn Taqat. Reformat your post. It's basically unreadable, and stop using so many damn smilies.

Also, we shouldn't even consider invading Vikingdom until we see Ragnar's response to this. If he's not going to get involved (recognising that Peter is massively depleted and may not be worth coming to the aid of) then what reason do we have to attack him when we could devote our resources to wiping out Russia entirely?

EDIT: Ninja'd I mean the long post further up. But the point about the smilies still stands.

Also, we shouldn't even consider invading Vikingdom until we see Ragnar's response to this. If he's not going to get involved (recognising that Peter is massively depleted and may not be worth coming to the aid of) then what reason do we have to attack him when we could devote our resources to wiping out Russia entirely?

Because Russia is pretty much a rump state now. Taking out the Vikings and leaving them as a rump state would make us the Hegemon of Europe.

Why waste men and resources invading Vikingland when we can just ally them? With Russia gone, they would be isolated in Europe, and surrounded by the much more powerful England. If Ragnar is an intelligent man (and I assume he is), he would see reason and become our ally - or, at least, not an enemy.

Why waste men and resources invading Vikingland when we can just ally them? With Russia gone, they would be isolated in Europe, and surrounded by the much more powerful England. If Ragnar is an intelligent man (and I assume he is), he would see reason and become our ally - or, at least, not an enemy.

Because it's sometimes best to take down a powerful man who in the past have shown us little love then rely on the idea that after isolation, he'll ally with us. He could align himself to Arabia and then we would be screwed.

I Agree. There's no Garantee Ragnar will become an Ally after we Aid in the Destruction of his oldest freind. And if he helps the already powerful arabia we're in big trouble. It's better to take him down now and secure our flanks forever. It should also be noted Poland/Greece is a viking Vassel, and we should take their lands if we ever want to expand further east. I think several of us do.

DT

Because if we take Ragnar's land, it'll be much more profitable to us than if we just peacefully coexist with him. It will take a bit of investment but it will pay off.

Have you seen most of Ragnar's land? Best solution would be to knock him down a peg and then force him to capitulate.

Very well. I try to avoid war if I can... But God forbid a civilization finds itself in my crosshairs.

Then we must do our utmost best to aim you with care. :mischief:

Have you seen most of Ragnar's land? Best solution would be to knock him down a peg and then force him to capitulate.
True, most of his land is in Scandinavia, which isn't exactly the best land on the map, but it's still pretty good, with a lot of resources. And he has some land in Europe as well. The main reason I want him gone (or at least far out of the way) is because if we leave him there, it's inconvenient to continue to expand east, because he'll be sitting in the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom