Recommendation to build a city here?

Ceterius

Warlord
Does the game take unrevealed resources into account when it recommends spots for new cities?

Does the game take unrevealed resources into account when it recommends spots for new cities?

My knee-jerk response would be "no." My analysis is that, if the game did take unrevealed resources into account when recommending city sites, then that would be wrong; wouldn't it make you feel kind of dirty to find that your "recommended" city was surrounded by iron, oil, coal & aluminum?:p

Yes I'm willing to bet that it does, given circumstances like the case above which has happened with me aswell, that tundra spot ends up having 3 difierent Oil spots around it. Aside from that, I see no reason why the AI wouldn't be looking at the map data World Builder style, which does show you where everything is going to be. It seems like going to the trouble of changing that wouldn't be worth it.

But this is just speculation...

This doesn't exactly speak to the vanilla game, but I do know for a fact that in Graves' "History in the Making II" mod, where absolutely no resources are revealed until certain techs have been researched, the recommended city sites are always spot on.:)

A bit off-topic but I usually let my starting warrior explore the first 3-4 moves automated because it will invariable beeline to the closest goodie hut. Same thing going on here, apparently.

And when the city site symbol disappears and your settler is advised to go elsewhere, it indicates there's a new barb camp generated near the old site, so send a warrior along.

A bit off-topic but I usually let my starting warrior explore the first 3-4 moves automated because it will invariable beeline to the closest goodie hut. Same thing going on here, apparently.

And when the city site symbol disappears and your settler is advised to go elsewhere, it indicates there's a new barb camp generated near the old site, so send a warrior along.

This is all so poorly done.

I also hate knowing this because now I won't be able to resist doing that with my warrior :mad:

Top Bottom