• Rest of World: Yes

Votes: 61 34.5%
  • Rest of World: No

Votes: 52 29.4%
  • Rest of World: Undecided / won't vote / spoilt vote

Votes: 26 14.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
'We only barely kept the Union! Let's break our promises so that we can get rid of him once and for all!'

Like, punishment can only make a future referendum take place earlier and be less favourable to the interests of Westminster.

God, if this was acceptable behavior for a government, every single U.S. election would require half the country to be punished.

I don't necessarily think it is really acceptable behavior, just that I don't blame them for acting that way. I mean, if I had a friend for a long period of time and all of a sudden, for whatever reason, said he doesn't want to be friends anymore but then came to me a week later asking to borrow money to pay his rent I would tell him to go pound sand.

The logic, of course, being that he cut off our friendship but then asks me for a favor so I feel like he is just using me without any guarantee of reciprocation in the future. Maybe that's how Westminster feels right now. Maybe they are asking themselves why they should invest in Scotland's future if the Scots aren't going to be there to help if England ever needs it.

No, it's more like your friend was seriously considering cutting your friendship, you offered him the money to pay his rent in the condition that he didn't and then didn't give him the money. Understandably the friend will eventually give you the middle finger.

I'd go a step further:

Your boyfriend went on a histrionic manpage while couching the whole episode in an aura of moral superiority, so then you're thinking of ending it, you choose not to as he makes promises to get better, and then he doesn't follow through.

(I couldn't help but be Scotland in this one :D)

Sound and fury signifying nothing. The frigs will be built on the Clyde. The gov wants to make it clear they haven't written a blank cheque. If not the Clyde then Portsmouth is the front of the que. Since if anywhere really was buggered without a by-your-leave in this whole thing its Portsmouth. Outsourcing to Stockholm is never going to happen.
Let's hope not, as I hope to see a British government keep their promises once in my lifetime. (Of course I'd rather not live off the arms trade, but that's another issue).
GinandTonic said:
But if the Scots want to make a case as to how they have been shafted worse than Portsmouth l'ld love to hear it.
Portsmouth's case is mentioned in the article, too. It was bad enough as it was.

I don't necessarily think it is really acceptable behavior, just that I don't blame them for acting that way. I mean, if I had a friend for a long period of time and all of a sudden, for whatever reason, said he doesn't want to be friends anymore but then came to me a week later asking to borrow money to pay his rent I would tell him to go pound sand.

The logic, of course, being that he cut off our friendship but then asks me for a favor so I feel like he is just using me without any guarantee of reciprocation in the future. Maybe that's how Westminster feels right now. Maybe they are asking themselves why they should invest in Scotland's future if the Scots aren't going to be there to help if England ever needs it.
And a state the relies on voter intimidation basically sells the point of the SNP: Britain has never seriously respected the democratic process or the rights of the Scottish people in the first place.

Perhaps they should invest in Scotland's future because they very recently claimed that was what they intended to do. The only one's here who have made any sort of explicit claim of loyalty is the Tory government. They are the ones now breaking that claim of loyalty.

It's not like Scotland could do anything to help England. It's a medieval backwater of the worst kind, the Unionists have been telling us so for months. The air is made of heroine and illiteracy, the only employment is murdering grannies, the diet is so poor people die before they're born, it really is a terrible place, there's nothing it can do to help anybody. We are, as we always have been, at the mercy of others.

Yes. It really is a medieval backwater.

It also seems to be 10 to 3. Possibly in the afternoon.

Ugh. Okay, the lines in the lawn piss me off, so I now support England over Scotland simply because of that.

Top Bottom