Reformed Beliefs (i.e Ners and Buffs to Existing Beliefs)

TheMarshmallowBear

Benelovent Chieftain of the Ursu Kingdom
What do you guys expect?

Also, do you think we'll see NEW beliefs for the original types (Pantheons, Founders, Folloowers, Enhancers etc.)

Quite frankly I can't help but feel that Pilgrimate needs to be Tourism related.

And we could use a bit more of beliefs, but basing the fact that we only got 9 or 8 reformation beliefs I see that as unlikely (seeing as that still keeps the number of max religions at 8 without glitching the game)

Well, like I said Pilgrimage should have something to do with Tourism seeing as the idea of Pilgrimage is to visit the Holy City.

There could also be more culture-related and maybe science-related beliefs, I don't think we have enough of them (well, mostly science._

What I expect is that none of the existing beliefs will be changed at all.

Even though either the Tundra one needs a buff to include Forest or alternatively Desert Faith needs a nerf to exclude Flood Plains.
The other pantheons producing faith appear ok as is to me. And so does the extra hammer for sea resources.

For founder beliefs its clear that Tithe, Church Property, and the +1 happiness in religion are the only ones worth using.

It's even clearer that either IP or RT should always be chosen when enhancing if still available; and if not chances are its because you were late to enhance and thus need Messiah.

In the happiness category, the one requiring Gardens needs to increase happiness by two citizens instead of just one just to be competitive with the happiness from Shrines.

What I expect is that none of the existing beliefs will be changed at all.

Even though either the Tundra one needs a buff to include Forest or alternatively Desert Faith needs a nerf to exclude Flood Plains.
The other pantheons producing faith appear ok as is to me. And so does the extra hammer for sea resources.

For founder beliefs its clear that Tithe, Church Property, and the +1 happiness in religion are the only ones worth using.

It's even clearer that either IP or RT should always be chosen when enhancing if still available; and if not chances are its because you were late to enhance and thus need Messiah.

In the happiness category, the one requiring Gardens needs to increase happiness by two citizens instead of just one just to be competitive with the happiness from Shrines.

The founder belief World Church (1:c5culture: per 5 foreign followers) looks attractive now that cultural buildings have a far lower base yield.

And Peace Gardens already gives 2 happiness per Garden.

Messenger of Gods will be reworked for sure, but cannot think of more. Maybe new beliefs related to tourism?

Why do you think MotG will be reworked?

Desert faith should lose Floodplains
Religiou Settlements should be improved (+40-50% rather than 15)
3 :) from Gardens
2 Faith from Ampitheater ( or 1 from amphitheater + 2 from GW of Writing)

Papal Primacy to +20 ? Or 30?

40% Missionary / Inquisitor discount
40-50% boost missionary effectiveness
100-200 Reliquary faith

Piety should have a % faith boost... Making missionaries and inquisitors more available

I doubt they'll make any beliefs that have to do with Tourism. Beliefs come into play much too early in the game. When does Tourism kick in?

There already is a tourism belief: Sacred Sites grants +2 tourism for each building purchased with faith.

Also, given that sharing religions will involve some tourism modifier, anything that helps my religion spread to the nations of the world will be indirectly tourism-related.

shaglio: What Vaino said. It's very clear that the Reformation beliefs from the Piety SP tree are designed to make Piety more viable lategame.

I highly doubt the Beliefs will be juggled much. I do think that if any change, World Church will lose the 'foreign' requirement, since gaining policies is no longer the key to winning a CV.

Was Flourishing of Arts a belief? I thought it was snipped (we saw a screenshot of it in pre-release G&K as a Founder belief) I just thoguht ti was removed before the game gone gold.

No, Flourishing of the Arts is a Social Policy in the Aesthetics tree.

There already is a tourism belief: Sacred Sites grants +2 tourism for each building purchased with faith.

Also, given that sharing religions will involve some tourism modifier, anything that helps my religion spread to the nations of the world will be indirectly tourism-related.

So, as soon as you finish the Piety tree, you can take Sacred Sites and start raking in the Tourism long before everyone else? Unless I'm mistaking when Tourism will normally kick in, then this Belief seems very powerful (especially if you have a lot of cities and have purchased a Religious Building in each one).

10 cities with a Pagoda in each will give you 20 Tourism. But, then again, maybe 20 tourism isn't a piss in a rainstorm overall. We'll have to play the game first to see how much it'll make a difference. 20 Tourism might not be enough to overcome anybody else's Culture, even in the early game.

So, as soon as you finish the Piety tree, you can take Sacred Sites and start raking in the Tourism long before everyone else? Unless I'm mistaking when Tourism will normally kick in, then this Belief seems very powerful (especially if you have a lot of cities and have purchased a Religious Building in each one).

10 cities with a Pagoda in each will give you 20 Tourism. But, then again, maybe 20 tourism isn't a piss in a rainstorm overall. We'll have to play the game first to see how much it'll make a difference. 20 Tourism might not be enough to overcome anybody else's Culture, even in the early game.

You can get tourism starting in the classical/middle ages

Top Bottom