Refugees.

Admiral Kutzov said:
I also don't want the top secret battle plans passed on out of spite.

My concern is that certain elements will share our plans with the other teams. How does one address the wolf in sheep's clothing?

Since 'leaks' would occur on MSN or AIM or such the only safegaurds we have are the honor of the teams and the watchful eye of the admins for 'spoilerish' information.

Once the bell is rung it can't be un-rung of course, but I would hope that the MTDG crew would understand that sins committed in this game will be stains on them in any other venture they participate in.

And I don't like the 'angel' idea. I'm with Fe, I would have DTs if I were cut off from the game. It is approaching a year. My how time flies when you are wasting it...

BCLG100 said:
should maybe get a move on, KISS'll be dead soon........
I know. I hate facing death like this at every turn. :rolleyes:

This is what I am bound to follow and enforce:

The Ruleset said:
0.3 - Team Switching

0.3.1 - Membership retention after Defeat

Description: Members of teams that were defeated in the current game are allowed to join the team that conquered them, if the team will have them. They may also join neighboring teams that they had contact with at the time of their defeat.

Definition: Neighboring does not mean specifically teams adjacent to them in game, more specifically it means teams they would have had the capability to travel to with their current technology.

Verdict: Switching teams is allowed if your team is out.

0.3.2 - Refugees

Description: Upon becoming a refugee according to rule 0.3.1, refugees may join another team provided that their team had in-game contact with the team they wish to join or the team they wish to join has/had in-game contact with at least two teams that had in-game contact with the eliminated team.

0.3.3 - Spoiler Info

Description: Upon joining a new team, you are not allowed to give out spoiler info to your new team that the new team you are on would not know about if you had not joined. If you have to give out spoiler info to prove your case, then do not post / vote in the thread.

My personal view: Allow conquered members to join another team that'll have them. Until they have new membership, they're allowed to view their old forum. If they join a new team, they lose access to the old forum. Upon joining a new team, they can say whatever they want/remember.

Of course, the ruleset comes before my opinion. It will need to be amended if its wording is now unliked by the teams.

out of interest what are we all arguing about?

there seems to be more folk saying that people can join another team if they'll have them.

Some people are saying that we shouldn't have refugees altogether (I.E. ME) some are saying that we should keep it the way we should, and some are proposing a super lurker that has access to all forums, but this does appeared to be shot down though.

Not that it matters a whole lot – but just for the record, I'm still a fan of the "super lurker/Angel" status… at least as an option for any refugees. :D

I think a team vote to settle this matter would be fine… but realistically, the Admins may just need to make a judgment call based on what can be done and what can be effectively policed – balanced against what will be the most fun for everyone involved.
There are just so many different points of view on this issue…

let's not forget that the ruleset already has a clause pertaining to lurkers.

So really, this discussion is about whether or not we want to amend the ruleset.

I'm fine leaving the ruleset as it is (though I believe it's not ideal) for simplicity's sake. However, if we choose to have an amendment vote, I will indeed vote for something other than what is currently in force.

For me it was more a case, which wasn't mentioned in the rules ... what happens to Team RIPed's Forum ?!! ... and my concern that Refugees would still have access to it.

Therefore I am suggesting that

Once a team has been defeated, all members of that team automatically have their original citizenship removed. These players have the option of becoming a 'Refugee' and gain membership to another team which they have had contact with in the game.

This way the forum of a defeated team will remain intact until the end of the game when all forums are opened to the public.

I would ask how difficult is it for the mods or TF to "lock" and "unlock" forums? If it's not a big issue then it seems like a good idea.

Well, what Ginger and myself could do is eliminate all memberships, effectively "locking" the forum (although we and any mods would be able to post in the forum). It would take TF intervention to actually "lock" it, which would still be viewable to old members, who just couldn't post in it.

Top Bottom