CivPlayers Modder
MOD:
-----
Regicide WL 1.0 - by Primax

Description:
------------
This MOD was designed for the online community @ Civ4players
It simply adds a King unit for all players on start. if you
lost your king all your cities are removed and you lose.

This is a part of my Regicide Future MOD but I have decided
to release it as a standalone mod for Warlords.

Changes:
--------
* King unit added (warlord graphics)
* Regicide mode added (game over if king is killed)

Download:
---------
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=5937&act=down

Installation Instructions:
-----------------------
Zip:

*Unzip this file to C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Mods.
*Remember to change C:\Program Files.. to your install directory or drive if you installed to a different location.

Installer:

*Simply dbl click the icon.
*Please change the directory to your install directory if different.

Usage:
------
*Simply goto Advanced/Load a Mod from main menu to load MOD.

Credits:
-------
Thanks to The Lopez for helping me out in the beginning and all the helpful people on this forum.
many many people to list. most of you guys will never even realise how much you have helped people.
you guys are an amazing community and should be proud.

Thank you for bringing this back. I do have an idea for a possible tweak though. What if when your king unit is killed, instead of killing the civ, it switches to another of it's leaderheads and spawns a new king in the capital city. When the civ runs out of leaderheads, then it dies instantly. That way, having more leaders gives a civ more survivability, and killing an enemy king unit becomes a way of potentially pacifying an agressive neighbor (Napoleon lives next door, assassinate him so that you can live next door to Louis instead).

That is a great idea. My mods are aimed towards the online MP community and you will find this mod will not work well in SP mode. However if you would like to build off my mod and add this yourself feel free. I may do a SP version in the future.

what type of behavior does the ai use for the king unit? defend?

Shiggs713: yes it uses defend. As I stated its mainly designed for online play. But in my testing I am thinking it would be great fun to play this SP.

I will go about designing some AI code to allow the computer to controll the king. If anyone else wants to have a stab at doing that please feel free.

If anyone else would like the code feel free to ask and I shall send or post it.

Is is possible to make it so that if you kill a leader, all of his/her cities turn to barbarian ones instead?

Is is possible to make it so that if you kill a leader, all of his/her cities turn to barbarian ones instead?

yup thats possible, simply open eventmanager and change

City.GetCy().kill()
to
gc.getPlayer(gc.getBARBARIAN_PLAYER()).acquireCity(City.GetCy(), false, false)

Code:
	def onUnitKilled(self, argsList):
		'Unit Killed'
		unit, iAttacker = argsList
		'determine owner of lost unit'
		player = PyPlayer(unit.getOwner())
		attacker = PyPlayer(iAttacker)
		'check if unit killed was a king'
		if unit.getUnitType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString("UNIT_KING"):
			'loop through cities and destroy each one'
			CityList = player.getCityList()
       	        	for City in CityList:
               	        	City.GetCy().kill()

I hate to necropost, but is there any hope for the multiple-leaderhead-idea to become reality anytime soon?

Top Bottom