Reintegrating the Great Wall

dewell

Warlord
Hi there,

I'm working on a FFH2 Mod for the great fantasy epic "A Song of Ice and Fire" and I'm full of confidence that the "alpha" version can be released in August (due to my diploma project I often have to pause my effort on this project and I'm still alone)

If any talented 3d modeller is interested in helping me, please WRITE A PN. A few variations of knights (for example a golden knight or a white knight would be great and I guess coloring the skin of a finished model is much easier than create one :p)

At the moment I try to reintegrate the great wall and give it another skin.

I created a building and a buildingclass for the great wall and the wonder can be built ingame and even the Wall itself is shown in the Civilopedia.

But when I build that wonder the Walls around my cultural borders don't appear.

When I use the "world spell" that creates the wall for 30 rounds, it works well.

Here's the great wall tag I got in my CIV4ArtDefines_Building file.

HTML:
		<BuildingArtInfo>
			<Type>ART_DEF_BUILDING_GREAT_WALL</Type>
			<LSystem>LSYSTEM_GREAT_WALL</LSystem>
			<bAnimated>1</bAnimated>
			<fScale>1.0</fScale>
			<fInterfaceScale>0.4</fInterfaceScale>
			<NIF>Art/Structures/Buildings/Great_Wall/Great_Wall_civlopedia.nif</NIF>
			<KFM/>
			<Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/Buildings/SpaceElevator.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/Warlords_Atlas_1.dds,2,5</Button>
		</BuildingArtInfo>

What else to I need but the <LSystem>-tag?

And second question: Anyone got experience in changing the way the wall on the world map is built?

Maybe there's something changed in dll? I can't give you an answer now.

Anyway, about models and skinning, I am busy with my diploma as well but I can help from time to time with things like these. I can retexture units/change their accessories and I can make buildings' models. I could make unit models, but it takes too much time so for now I can't.

No problem ;) So if you get round to retexture some units the paladin of FFH2 would be great in gold and in white.

gold for Jaime Lannister and white for the Kingsguard ;)

You can find the .nif under Art/Units/Paladin/warrior.nif ...

Here some pictures of the golden knight (his Banner is a golden lion on red field)
http://www.bscreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/jaime-lannister.jpg
http://darweel.d.a.pic.centerblog.net/k97hs7n5.jpg
http://en.amokanet.ru/netcat_files/158/163/h_deeb1a295b754ba84d8a96329f1b1591

can't find the error .. is there andy ffh modmod that included the wall?

great :D that was the info that I needed ... hope I find the differences between their and my implementation and get the damn wall work ;)

Hey :)

It finally works .. there were two problems:

1. i didn't set the tag <bBorderObstacle> on 1
2. i got some path problems due to renaming my mod

Now it works properly

I can reskin the .dds, but I don't know how to convert a .nif into it's raw files (or visa versa) as I've done very little graphical modeling with Civ IV.

Top Bottom