Religion and Corporation Screens

Wow, these are really useful screens! Just what I needed for a mod I'm working on. :thanx: I have also made a custom Civics screen that allows for up to 10 different categories. Maybe I'll upload that here, too, if there is a big demand.

:goodjob:

Well if I get the text fixed I made the screen to automatically adjust to the number in a category, but that is if the categories have approximately the same amount in them.

Oh and here is the link again for what I have so far.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=6446366#post6446366

This is a screenshot of what I have done so far. I am using a different color scheme, so in the regular game it will be blue.

Spoiler :

It's a different approach from Johny Smith's method, but still useful I hope. There is room for five options per category in this setup, or possibly more depending on how you want to scale things. I have not yet added in my own options, obviously.

Needs more work, but you get the basic idea.

o i have a better idea Gaius Octavius,

how about, taking the info bars,
and combine them into one single larger bar, that will disply the info of only one civic, that the mouse will be over,
this way, you point the mouse icon over the civic you want to know its usge,
and the info will apear on the large info bar below.

This is a screenshot of what I have done so far. I am using a different color scheme, so in the regular game it will be blue.

Spoiler :

It's a different approach from Johny Smith's method, but still useful I hope. There is room for five options per category in this setup, or possibly more depending on how you want to scale things. I have not yet added in my own options, obviously.

Needs more work, but you get the basic idea.

Well it could work. I made a few small adjustments to screen already but it just for how it looked. But if you want to try your civics with my screen the panels should adjust for them.

I know how to do other small things with it. I just don't like the look of the text being bunched up, but it could still be adjusted where there are more columns perhaps from left to right on my screen. I would rather have them spaced out though. But to each their own.

I think you can scrap the buttons in the interline or replace it elsewhere. Is it possible to have only one help panel per column ?

o i have a better idea Gaius Octavius,

how about, taking the info bars,
and combine them into one single larger bar, that will disply the info of only one civic, that the mouse will be over,
this way, you point the mouse icon over the civic you want to know its usge,
and the info will apear on the large info bar below.

The problem with having only one info bar or one per column is that you don't get the effects of every civic displayed. It is true, you could get rid of the second info panel, but you will not be able to see the effects of all the civics you are currently running. I suppose you could fix it so that it does this whenever the mouse is over it, but you wouldn't have all the effects summarized at a glance.

As johny said it, to each his own, I guess. :)

I have another question actually :
Is it possible to have a civic option that encompasses all the other civic options ?

subsidiary questions :
If I set max civic options to 4 in the global defines, am I only allowed to run 4 civics at most (out of 5) ?
How does it work ?

Gaius Octavius,
yeah i know one bar wont show a summry,

but it might look better on the screen,

how bout creating another screen, like "chosen civics" that will display all the seected civics will info on a seperate screen as a summry?

or maybe just stich to johnys scroll:)

I just update these screens.

Added three ways of displaying the adviser screens.
1. Showing all of the icons as before
2. Showing only icons that have been founded
3. Showing only icons that are selectable in the religion screen

So it is up to the individual to decide what they want.

Could you please, please, please make a version that works with the BUG MainInterface file? I tried to merge both using WinMerge but I couldn't get it to work. I would really like to have a city screen that only shows the icons I'm actually using, especially the corporate ones, but I don't want to sacrifice BUG either.

I think this file should do it for BUG. I updated the download to include it as well.

I think this file should do it for BUG. I updated the download to include it as well.

Aah, excellent. Thank you very much.

PS: Yes it works. Now I can go and add some more corporations to my game. I have 11 so far but I want to add at least two more, maybe three.

Good and no problem. I will be interested to see some more corporations as well. I got ideas for them as well, but have plenty of religions to mess with for now.

Good and no problem. I will be interested to see some more corporations as well. I got ideas for them as well, but have plenty of religions to mess with for now.

Having this screen, and the scrolling one, opens up all sorts of possibilities for corporations. Since corporations conflict with each other there's no possibility of getting too many in a city at once. Right now all the ones I have compete with at least 3 more so I'll never have more than can be displayed in the city screen. I'm even planning on doing away with the Great Person requirement for some of them and just base the ability to create one based on the number of a particular structure that's built, like Cathedrals. Right now I'm in the process of working on a Super Grocer that a civ can found once they've built the required number of Grocers. I'm also planning the same for Forges, Markets, Supermarkets and maybe Banks.

This is going to make trading so much more dynamic. It's always bothered me that I'd have all these extra resources but no way to trade them once all the civs have only a single one of them for the health/happiness bonus. If they have an industry/enterprise now though, there'll always be a demand for resources. The problem will be to balance out the rewards that the new corporations provide. If I go by the current model with a corporation that gets founded early in the game then the AI might end up bankrupting itself. On the other hand, if I'm not careful it could turn out to be a huge advantage for the civ owning it and unbalance things the other way. It could be difficult finding the right mix.

Your screen doesn't seem to be working. I just put all the Corporations and religions in a city through Worldbuilder but I didn't get any icons showing up at all. There's another problem, the scoreboard is showing up in the city screen.

Ya sorry about that somehow I got things wrong when I sent it up. I double checked it this time. It works.

OK, thank you very much. I'll let you know how this one works.

PS: OK, it seems to be working this time. It was rather interesting tossing in corporations with the Worldbuilder. It seems that with the default corps, you can never have more than 3 corps in one city at a time because of the competition between them. I managed to fill up all 7 slots with mine but I'm planning on redoing most of those. So I might end up with a max of 5. At least that's what I'm aiming for.

Top Bottom