Religion & Reformation

But I think it's an other story if you found christianity before buddhism or islam before christianity than founding orthodoxy before catholicism because buddhism islam and christianity...these religions don't depend on any other but orthodoxy is formed to get away from catholicism.

Well the Orthodox would disagree..., and that is how some of these can be resolved.

If you found, lets say Protestantism before Judaism or Catholicism... you can say that Protestantism is the "true original" religion... and when the Temple was destroyed, what we now call Judaism was born, and when religious leaders rejected calls reformation, what we now call Catholicism was born, etc. ie the true religion just needed events to refine its conduct

But I think it's an other story if you found christianity before buddhism or islam before christianity than founding orthodoxy before catholicism because buddhism islam and christianity...these religions don't depend on any other but orthodoxy is formed to get away from catholicism.

Islam was formed out of Judaism/Christianity, Buddhism was formed out of Hinduism.

I'm pretty jazzed to figure out what these new beliefs are, cause I personally love using Byzantium (though I'd admittedly love some extra way to get faith). If they stay the same, that's seven beliefs they'll be taking advantage of. I just hope they're good, cause so far I only sort of like the science one, only because getting massive amounts of faith can then be a route to all my Universities and Public Schools.

For me it's not a problem if a religion appears before an other one that is at the root of it. Religions in this game is just a name (that you can change) and a symbol. It stops here. After that, beliefs don't always match the real dogma of the religions. It's not intended to represent the developpement of religions in history.

Of course it would be more realistic to have only the primitive religions at the beginning. But the game represents the course of a religion over time (pantheon, first wave, second wave and then some reforms in it). There could be only invented religions so that you are able to make your own history without bothering with realism. But people are more comfortable with pre-existing religions.

I see it the same way as Skykiller. They've only used symbols of real-world religions to make things more familiar for us.

What I really miss is some more symbols for the ancient religions. I would love to have the Ankh symbol for the Egyptian religion, something for Hellenism and something for the Mesoamerican religious system at the very least. I mean: how difficult would it be to add some more symbols and increase variety.

I am not a fan of the new split into three christian denominations. Now every game you play, half the religions are going to be Christian. Sounds a little bland.

Top Bottom